Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

For Oakley's Sake

Please Nigel pleasee. Put him back out on the right.... last time we had a bad spell he was playing in the centre of midfield... now with two home 0-0 in a row he's surprisingly! in central midfield.... sure cleverly had one good game at walsall... but it was walsall ffs. I think just because the lads from united does not mean we should play him every game even when he isnt playing well..

So for oakley's and the teams sake go back to winning ways oakley on the right king and berner/cleverly in the centre.

I think king struggles to play when oakley is next to him aswell.

Please Nigel pleasee. Put him back out on the right.... last time we had a bad spell he was playing in the centre of midfield... now with two home 0-0 in a row he's surprisingly! in central midfield.... sure cleverly had one good game at walsall... but it was walsall ffs. I think just because the lads from united does not mean we should play him every game even when he isnt playing well..

So for oakley's and the teams sake go back to winning ways oakley on the right king and berner/cleverly in the centre.

I think king struggles to play when oakley is next to him aswell.

I thought Oakley played well yesterday in CM.

Is it just me then?

Oakley was cack yesterday. Alexboy has a valid point, King plays his best football with Berner next to him, I don't know why.

If everything fails, I'm sure Pearson will go back to the tried & tested formation of Oakley - King - Berner - Dyer

Oakley was cack yesterday. Alexboy has a valid point, King plays his best football with Berner next to him, I don't know why.

If everything fails, I'm sure Pearson will go back to the tried & tested formation of Oakley - King - Berner - Dyer

Thats what I would do next Saturday, with Cleverley at right back. Oakley was shit yesterday.

I thought King was better than Oakley who's corners were horrific, and his passing was anything but good. King had a decent free-kick and nearly scored and picked up a lot of loose balls when the likes of Oakley, Cleverly and Dyer couldn't find a blue shirt.

It was a difficult game for the midfield they were 'passable' in the first half but once Oldham lost a man it became so congested that it was almost impossible to play a passing game and this along with the CB's under pressure from break aways resorting to hoofing and even Martin seemed extremely reluctant to pass the ball out it was never going to be pretty or easy.

But it's all down to opinion and we tend to see what we want to see.

Thats what I would do next Saturday, with Cleverley at right back. Oakley was shit yesterday.

Pretty much. Cleverley at right back and then revert back to the old midfield who were ripping this league apart.

Not only would we see the best of Oakley, but we would also get the best out of King who plays his best football next to Berner.

I've also thought why King doesn't take the corners rather than Oakley, then I thought its because King has an aerial threat about him and Oakley hasn't. Those corners were horrific yesterday.

Pearson certainly has one or two decisions to make.

Think the main reason he's been moved back in side is because Cleverly looked lightweight in the centre against Huddersfield. I've liked Oakley on the right hand side but Cleverly hasn't convinced me in the centre.

Depth in central midfield is defintley a problem for us.

Pearson certainly has one or two decisions to make.

Think the main reason he's been moved back in side is because Cleverly looked lightweight in the centre against Huddersfield. I've liked Oakley on the right hand side but Cleverly hasn't convinced me in the centre.

Depth in central midfield is defintley a problem for us.

I just think depth is a problem for us mate.

Since when could cleverly play left wing lol,,, i know nige has a knack of retraining players in new positions but i think thats taking it a little far...we do however need left wing cover though. Would love to say joe there every game but if were putting berner in midfield(which i agree with), then theres no one other than powell for left back.

Oakley's corners last night were dreadful.

Any half-decent professional should be able to take a good set-piece.

Maybe, but they were great in the Huddersfield game!!

Theres a big trend at picking out any kind of negative in our players at the minute and its pretty fcucking annoying!

And the poster who said Oakley was "Cack", come off it. Did you watch the whole game?

We have way too many fickle fans at this club.

Theres a big trend at picking out any kind of negative in our players at the minute and its pretty fcucking annoying!

And the poster who said Oakley was "Cack", come off it. Did you watch the whole game?

It's always been a bug-bear of mine, good set-pieces should be a must.

They were great, on the whole Oakley has been superb this season, but last night his set-pieces were poor. He's a vital player however.

Since when could cleverly play left wing lol,,, i know nige has a knack of retraining players in new positions but i think thats taking it a little far...we do however need left wing cover though. Would love to say joe there every game but if were putting berner in midfield(which i agree with), then theres no one other than powell for left back.

Anyones better than Dyer at this moment in time. :frusty:

Its only fickle saying we should drop Oakley next match or get him out the team altogether.

Saying he was shit, which he was last match is fine in my view.

We have too many fans on here like you who defend our players too much, especially last season, and this season i know we are top but that doesn't excuse a poor performance like yesterday.

We should take it match by match, forget the table, forget everything else, take it game by game.

And yesterdays game was an awful performance by everyone, except the defenders.

Now we focus on the next match Swindon. Millwall will hopefully lose Monday at Leeds, and Hartlepool could upset Mk Dons.

Theres too many fans who always call other fans fickle on here, they are just as bad.

Its only fickle saying we should drop Oakley next match or get him out the team altogether.

Saying he was shit, which he was last match is fine in my view.

We have too many fans on here like you who defend our players too much, especially last season, and this season i know we are top but that doesn't excuse a poor performance like yesterday.

We should take it match by match, forget the table, forget everything else, take it game by game.

And yesterdays game was an awful performance by everyone, except the defenders.

Now we focus on the next match Swindon. Millwall will hopefully lose Monday at Leeds, and Hartlepool could upset Mk Dons.

Theres too many fans who always call other fans fickle on here, they are just as bad.

You're entitled to your opinion pal but if you think Oakley was shit then you will be in for a depressing time in the championship when he will not stand out as much as this season. I think he played ok, some of his crossing was poor but at least there were crosses attempted.

In my opinion we were unlucky to win as were Oldham, if the penalty went in there would be no slagging off on here i suspect.

Some of the players (maybe Oakley included) did not perform at their best, but if you have played at any kind of level or know anything at all about the game then you know its not possible to win and play well in every game.

Calling players "shit" or "cack" kinda makes your argument about "fans like me" being just as bad as the whingers look a little daft.

I defend players that I know are good players and in the case of Oakley have been consistently good for most of the season, if that makes me a bad supporter then im shocked!

Maybe a few boo's will sort Oakley's shitness out? :dunno:

Why does every imperfection have to be over-analysed after every game?

There's not an easy answer. Gilbert's not playing well so do you play Cleerley there?

Oakley/King don't really gel in the centre but Oakley, King, Berner, Dyer has been pretty efficient in the past.

But Dyer's not playing well, either and I've not been especially impressed with Berner either.

Pearson seems to have certain "givens", one being that Oakley starts and so does Dyer and Gilbert.

Seventeen games unbeaten mean it's hard to argue with his choices.

I've long said, even while this run was being compiled, that I still don't think the team is playing as well as it can or should given the personnel we have.

But Pearson could say we're grinding out points even on bad days and that's the first requirement of most modern managers and the people who employ them.

Given that, barring injuries, he'll probably go for Oakley, King, Cleverley and Dyer.

actually think left wing is one position we DONT need cover for.. got Dyer, Mattock, Gradel , berner and Porter who can play left wing.

Archived