Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Ain't it great to be able to have favourite players again?

Davies and Tunchev have been the only players I've really admired this season.

One has already reached the Premier League and the other (injuries permitting) will do so in due course (let's hope and pray it's with us!)

Strange how Howard, Oakley and Fryatt keep cropping up in this thread, as if their p!sspoor performances of last season had never happened.

Even if we stay unbeaten for the rest of the season, it still won't be enough for me to forgive them for taking us to a league I hoped our club would never ever visit.

dont just blame them also:

Holloway, Stearman, Mattock, DJ, Clemence (when he played), Weso (when he played) Kisnorbo, McAuley till his deal, Hume.

They were all poor last season.

Davies and Tunchev have been the only players I've really admired this season.

One has already reached the Premier League and the other (injuries permitting) will do so in due course (let's hope and pray it's with us!)

Strange how Howard, Oakley and Fryatt keep cropping up in this thread, as if their p!sspoor performances of last season had never happened.

Even if we stay unbeaten for the rest of the season, it still won't be enough for me to forgive them for taking us to a league I hoped our club would never ever visit.

Ever heard of forgive and forget??

And what will it take for you to forgive them?

For me, I think those three have all redeemed themselves after last year. They know what they had to do, and they have delivered 9 times out of 10.

For me, I think those three have all redeemed themselves after last year. They know what they had to do, and they have delivered 9 times out of 10.

What it comes down is 'value', at this level you expect them to perform, next season if we are are promoted there 'value' will be judged as they will be earning the money for that level!!

Some people are just miserable, arrogant arseholes, who think that because they've been around a lot longer, they know everything.

Howard, Fryatt and Oakley have definitely put last season to bed, redeemed themselves, and proved they can actually play.

Some people are just miserable, arrogant arseholes, who think that because they've been around a lot longer, they know everything.

Howard, Fryatt and Oakley have definitely put last season to bed, redeemed themselves, and proved they can actually play.

Exactly.

I think it was more bad management (and a lot of change of managers) last season as opposed to poor players. With poor management and poor stability, the team won't perform.

I haven't been to as many games this season as I'd have liked but from what I've seen, Steve Howard has been brilliant.

He must have realised that many Leicester supporters were getting on his back at the end of last season and the start of this season but he doesn't seem to have held a grudge at all. He's got on with it, done the dirty work, gone long stretches without getting much reward for his work and letting Fryatt take the plaudits due to his goals.

I loved watching Howard during the second half on Saturday. He looked like he was loving the responsibility of being captain and lapping up the whole occasion. He'll be more important for us in the Championship next season if we go up than Fryatt imo. Almost everything good we do comes through him in some way or another.

Can't knock Andy King either. He's been consistently good throughout the season and he didn't look that bad when he appeared in the Championship so with this season behind him he could really push on to great things if we gain promotion.

Too true, think of myself lucky that I had an ST through the MON days.

Feel sorry for those that have started watching the club after them days having favourite players such as Hume.

Of course I can see why he was a favourite player for some people but he was playing under a very average side with no drive or a settled side.

I agree. Hume tried his best, but when you compare him to Heskey, Izzet, Cottee, Elliott etc, he falls well short.

We were lucky to witness those days, definitely. There was a real buzz about the place before matches back then.

I agree. Hume tried his best, but when you compare him to Heskey, Izzet, Cottee, Elliott etc, he falls well short.

We were lucky to witness those days, definitely. There was a real buzz about the place before matches back then.

Now theres just the thought of Chelsea Dagger being played when we score, and relay races round the pitch at half time,

Whatever happened to crossbar challenge :dunno:

Now theres just the thought of Chelsea Dagger being played when we score, and relay races round the pitch at half time,

Whatever happened to crossbar challenge :dunno:

And the half-time penalty shoot-outs. And the Birch going round the pitch on his moped in his Santa costume in the last match before Christmas :D

Things I like:

• - having pride in the youngsters
    - watching every player showing enthusiasm and commitment and passion
    - having leaders on the pitch
    - the respect we show to other teams in our professional approach
    - our obvious recognition that we need to put in whole-hearted effort in every game
    - having a 26-goal (and counting) striker
    - having young defenders on loan from big clubs who play with exactly the same passion and commitment as our Academy products
    - every loanee who comes in throughout the season fitting into the team's gameplan seamlessly
    - the confidence our players have in their ability without at any time bordering on arrogance

Wholeheartedly agree...

I have a number of favourite players and feel more fondly of the current side as any sice the 97 League cup win... I would have to say my favourites are Howard :chant: (For his work for the team), Fryatt :scarf: (Needs no description), Andy King (Gets forward, tracks back, passes well and has an eye for the important goals), Alex Tunchev (Best Centre-Back we have had for years) and Bruno Berner (Just Awesome and the best signing of the season.) Gilbert, Dyer, Oakley and Mattock aint too shabby either... Aw F'k it... I'm proud of the whole squad this season...

Archived