Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Ain't it great to be able to have favourite players again?

Completely agree with Fez's original post, the only player I've really like over the last few years has been Hume and before that Williams.

From the current crop I really couldn't pick. Tunchevs our best player there's no escaling that and I absolutely adore him but favourite?

Howards just a total God capable of ending the credit crunch, world poverty and global warming if he wasn't so focused on getting us promoted and giving 110% every game.

Chris Powell has to be the model pro. Just keeps going no concern of money, no headlines just solid left back displays and a huge smile on his face.

Berner - really started to appreciate this guy recently keeps things simple and so versitile. Always gives me the eye when the fans come to the players after aways too.

Huge fan of Gilbert and King too, met Kerrea on the underground after palace and he was a very nice lad with a lot of time for us fans, always impressed me on the pitch too. Kingys been massive thus season for us some huge goals and he's really stepped up and made himself an auto pick in cm.

I'm extremely proud to support this group of players and especially Pearson. Right through this season and in particular today, they really were excellent.

Last season my favorite two were Kisnorbo and Hume.

This season from the games i have seen Kisnorbo play, i havent been half as impressed as last season although to be fair to him he has played very few games but looked nothing on......

Tunchev :worship:, for me is by far the best player in the squad and is definatley my favorite player closely followed by King and Gilbert.

Tunchev, King, Howard and Fryatt

I can honestly say I'd all but given up hope on Fryatt, and I'd been one of his bigger fans since he joined us. I know he'd been injured and messed about by a ridiculous amount of managers during his time with us, but I think he had to prove himself this season and he's done so remarkably. Not only with his goals tally but the amount of work he does for the good of the team generally has increased. I know some people will start with the 'he's found his level in league 1' stuff, but you can only beat what's put in front of you and ( :fc: ) I can't wait to see him in the championship on the back of a supremely confidence boosting season.

Last season my favorite two were Kisnorbo and Hume.

This season from the games i have seen Kisnorbo play, i havent been half as impressed as last season although to be fair to him he has played very few games but looked nothing on......

Tunchev :worship:, for me is by far the best player in the squad and is definatley my favorite player closely followed by King and Gilbert.

I thought Kisnorbo was excellent last season.

This season King and Howard, although everyone has played their part along the way. And some of Mattys goals have been superb.

Obviously Tunchev as everytime there's a loose ball, who's there? - Tunchev. Everytime there's a long ball, who's on the end of it? - Tunchev. If there's a brawl, who clears it? - Tunchev.

But, as for players that aren't currently injured we have Fryatt for his goals, Big steve for his assists and effort, but in my vote goes to Matt Oakley. After a fairy disappointing season last year, he's come back brilliantly. I'd say he's the player in midfield most likely to make a forward run and really make something of it in his current form. His passing is brilliant, his ball control excellent, and his determination to beat his man is second to none.

First time in my life I think a defender's been my favourite player.

The Tunch :wub: Hands down.

I desperately wanted it to be Nicky Adams, desperately. He looked lively pre-season and I really, badly wanted a good, future Welsh international at city. But let's be honest, the boy's a bit toss really.

I desperately wanted it to be Nicky Adams, desperately. He looked lively pre-season and I really, badly wanted a good, future Welsh international at city. But let's be honest, the boy's a bit toss really.

So how about becoming Thracians understudy in the King love in? :P

King? :unsure:

Very early in the season it was Maxy Gradel, Then he went off the boil and I changed to Lloyd Dyer, He has been great all season and even though he is dropping of the pace now he is still a important part of the side. At the moment I think my favourite player is Stevie Howard.

This season is just so refreshing. Who cares if we're in League One and "should be winning" other teams, many other teams have prooved in the past League One isn't as easy to get out of as people think it should be, and after so many years of shit its just nice to be proud of 'our' team again, To have players and a manager and staff that we love and are proud of, I am looking at next season with abit of fear and it is when these players, the manager and his staff prove themselves once again, but I do believe Nigel is our man, based mostly on his signings, I can't think of one signing that has been poor, He seems to know his stuff, focuses, doesn't get distract, keeps his feet on the ground but still shows his passion.

The love I have lost over the last few years for my club has been restored.

:angry:

so its your fault!!

I'm a bit reluctant to get to attached to loan players because they probably won't be here next season but I'm starting to like Hobbs a lot. Gilbert started brilliantly and I always hope he has a good game, it's surprising how many peoples' favourite he is when you see the slating he gets in the ratings every week.

Of our players, I rated Fryatt last season and still do. I think Morrison will be a future captain of our club.Berner never lets us down.

I can't say that just yet... yes there are some very good players who are doing well but then they sometimes have off games and I think why on earth did I like them...

I'll see what I think at the end of the season. :)

There are four players for me.

The three outfield players - Tunchev, King and Howard - are similar in that they all try to play simple, constructive football yet all operate in different jobs and usually in different parts of the field.

Player number four is our new loanee goalkeeper, Mark Bunn.

People talk about having a strong spine down the centre of teams and these four seem so competent. We've long needed a goalkeeper who can see the quick counter-attack and who has the confidence to deliver the ball fast and accurately.

Tunchev rarely wellies the ball aimlessly into the distance. He plays the fastest, simplest pass he can and is comfortable to receive the ball back. If only others would learn from him.

King is so responsible. He must save us 100 free kicks a season because he doesn't dive in needlessly but his covering is excellent and his distribution both quick and unfussy so that players around understand him. Throw in the regular goals and he's such a quietly influential player with far greater skill than is always apparent.

Howard is something of a standard bearer. But he takes the stick, shields that ball and brings his team-mates into play so reliably when he's not delivering his flick-ons to Fryatt.

All three outfield guys are such valuable team players and Bunn strikes me as just the same.

Archived