Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Ain't it great to be able to have favourite players again?

I remember saying to someone last season that I didn't really like any of our players. Not really.

I think practically all of our squad this season are bloody brilliant for one reason or another.

Things I like:

• - having pride in the youngsters
    - watching every player showing enthusiasm and commitment and passion
    - having leaders on the pitch
    - the respect we show to other teams in our professional approach
    - our obvious recognition that we need to put in whole-hearted effort in every game
    - having a 26-goal (and counting) striker
    - having young defenders on loan from big clubs who play with exactly the same passion and commitment as our Academy products
    - every loanee who comes in throughout the season fitting into the team's gameplan seamlessly
    - the confidence our players have in their ability without at any time bordering on arrogance

At times over the last few seasons there have only been a handful of players I could say any of the above about. Mattock. Fulop. Stearman at times. Hume perhaps and occasionally Fryatt. Kisnorbo up to a point. Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

My favourite is Andy King though. Every minute of every league game and has only missed an hour of football in all competitions all season. Yet, somewhat confusingly, always looks knackered after 30 seconds of every game. I was sceptical of him before he made it. Thought he was too slow. He is obviously a bit slow, but it doesn't show as much as I thought it would. He's a cracking player and you can see him improving all the time, adapting his game to suit each match. If he needs to spray it around, he can. If he needs to battle, he can. If he needs to win headers, he can. A threat or a saviour in both boxes. It's crept up on me this season but I've decided I think he's bloody brilliant.

But then again Howard's been fantastic especially lately, I like Fryatt, I bloody loved Lloyd earlier in the season and his lack of form recently has been a real shame and I hope he gets back to his exciting best. Chris bloody Powell, what a star. Gilbz. Jack Hobbs (eats cheese and onion cobs). The ****ing Tunch, he's great. I loved Davies. Bunn's great.

So who's your favourite player?

Your a bit too late to get on Thracian's xmas card list, or very early

lol I know. The two are inexorably linked. Perhaps it will always be so. Give him his dues, he's backed him to the hilt and he's been great this season. Whether he'd have made a difference if he'd played more last season, who knows? The situations are so different, I don't think anyone could say.

I wonder if he writes essays in all his xmas cards too. :D

Very early in the season it was Maxy Gradel, Then he went off the boil and I changed to Lloyd Dyer, He has been great all season and even though he is dropping of the pace now he is still a important part of the side. At the moment I think my favourite player is Stevie Howard.

This season is just so refreshing. Who cares if we're in League One and "should be winning" other teams, many other teams have prooved in the past League One isn't as easy to get out of as people think it should be, and after so many years of shit its just nice to be proud of 'our' team again, To have players and a manager and staff that we love and are proud of, I am looking at next season with abit of fear and it is when these players, the manager and his staff prove themselves once again, but I do believe Nigel is our man, based mostly on his signings, I can't think of one signing that has been poor, He seems to know his stuff, focuses, doesn't get distract, keeps his feet on the ground but still shows his passion.

The love I have lost over the last few years for my club has been restored.

Howard. Top bloke, a fine player in this division, a real cult hero type figure.

After him, King, Bunn and Fryatt are three players I like a lot. But then, I'm fond of all apart from Dickov really.

I respect your decision and no dig or anything intended but all the players that have got Leicester to the top of the league for most part of the season, bunn is in there? I Love the man, for the penalty save he made today but its only been 2 games?

lol I know. The two are inexorably linked. Perhaps it will always be so. Give him his dues, he's backed him to the hilt and he's been great this season. Whether he'd have made a difference if he'd played more last season, who knows? The situations are so different, I don't think anyone could say.

I wonder if he writes essays in all his xmas cards too. :D

He probably has to send those big life size valentines ones

King has had a great season, that's as much as i'll allow myself to compliment him.

Tunchev is my new favourite, although after getting Gerrbrand on my shirt (albeit for a laugh) I'll refrain from picking anyone to "bum"

I'd have to say Fryatt with his 26 goals and Howard at the minute is brilliant, for his commitment, passion and if he doesn't play we look lost without him. Hes a totally different player from last season.

I also think Oakley has stepped up to being captain this season and i think Berner is great, and is calm on the ball. Tunchev is solid and also calm on the ball, shame hes injured

King has really come on as a player, and is a great prospect

The first few games of the season, Dyer was untouchable.

I can't pick one player inparticular, but i'm glad Fryatt is joint league 1 top scorer, and has shown that he can score goals

I'm loving this season, new grounds, actually winning, great support and players who put in effort and want to win

Howard. :D

Big fan of target men and as the season has gone on he has got better and better.

Now he's starting to score more regulary he has got a lot more recognition. However, his effort is noticed a hell of a lot more than it was at the start of the season.

He's an essential member of our first team and you can tell how much of a team player he is by watching our players reaction when he scores.

Super Steve. :thumbup:

I respect your decision and no dig or anything intended but all the players that have got Leicester to the top of the league for most part of the season, bunn is in there? I Love the man, for the penalty save he made today but its only been 2 games?

I know, but he looks like he wants to be here and shows real passion. I like players like him- committed even when on loan. Hobbs and Gilbert are the same.

The last few seasons, as has been said, have been crap in relation to building any sort of relationship or rapport with a player. Too shit and not here for long enough.

Scow and me have tried to get round this by making some unlikely candidates our favourite players. Wilcox, De Vries, Skills Erik and the like.

This season mind you, we can have pride in a real favourite player :o

Mine is probably the Tunch. Just brilliant.

But I am loving Howard and Fryatt. Oakley. Berner. King....ah great stuff.

I think Mark wants to molest Bruno mind you...

My favourite is Tunchev, closely followed by Howard. It's really difficult not to love Howard, and lately I've started to see what LD3 sees in him.

Andy King is also up there to round up top 3 for me. I've been highly critical of him in the past, but he has certainly silenced me and many others, which I was hoping he would.

My favourite is Tunchev, closely followed by Howard. It's really difficult not to love Howard, and lately I've started to see what LD3 sees in him.

Andy King is also up there to round up top 3 for me. I've been highly critical of him in the past, but he has certainly silenced me and many others, which I was hoping he would.

Yeah, pretty much the same for me too.

Archived