Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Ain't it great to be able to have favourite players again?

Have to say King. Great to have a midfielder who can go about his business with a little understatement and yet still chip in with really valuable goals. He seems to go for goal more when the rest of the team are struggling and need it most, and the way he plays in whatever manner the match and the personnel around him dictate suggest responsibility almost unheard of in a 20 year old. (He is 20 now right?)

It has to be said though, that every player so far other than Dickov and Cleverly has won me over, even if initially I thought they looked dodgy. I was never too keen on Berner in midfield, Oakley started the season as he finished this one, and there's more I could mention, but we've just looked increasingly efficient, spirited and hardworking and credit has to go to Nige for that.

It has to be Howard, Fryatt or King.

Howard:

Does so much hard work and puts in so much effort for the team. And he has started scoring recently which he thoroughly deserves. Hope he sustains this effort til the end.

Fryatt:

Clearly without him we wouldn't have scored as many as we have done. Was over the moon when he signed a contract at the end of last year. Shame he stopped scoring for a bit but wasn't too fussed, as others scored too. But hope he gets to 30 goals - which he is only four away and it is within his hands.

King:

Committed, ever-present (league), determined and solid. And he's a scoring midfielder!! Gets back well to help his defenders, and then gets up to create chances or put them away at the other end. Top contender for player of the season I think.

Tiatto is the nearest thing to a favourite player I've had recently.

Same here, not a particularly good player by any means but would always kick the opposition and show some passion, strangely enough I wish we had him back at times this season.

As for now I don't have a stand-out favourite (perhaps because there are too many contenders for once), but Fryatt has to be up there for all of his goals, and King too.

My Top Five would look like this:

King

Howard

Fryatt

Oakley

Berner

In this order. King's been playing like MASSIVE this season and come up with some cracking goals. Howard everpresent up front and both a steady finisher as well as creating chances for others. Fryatt - say no more. Oakley's done a really good job at captain up to this point and is the perfect central hub for attacks. And on the left side, there's this silent Swiss Super Trooper named Berner.

I actually had two favourite players last season, Hendrie and Stearman. Both were amazing for me, I know not for an awful lot of you. Hendrie's goal against Scunny last season at home was top notch and his celebration against WBA away. That was quality.

Always emotional when I watch that video of us v Stoke on youtube and it goes on to Stearman who is in peices. One player I never liked was Hume, how he became a fans favourite I will never know.

Before last season it was Paddy Mac aswell, he was always the player I was when we were having a kick about when I went for a header it was always 'Paddy's up'. lol What a goon! I am still like that with Hendrie now for Aths training.

This season it has to be Oakley or Andy King, I have been trying to think of the last time we had such a good central midfield partnership and all I could think of was Izzet and Lennon so that's saying something. Without them two I honestly don't think we would be in the position we are today. King's goals have been that vital and his goal against Scunny could be the most important goal he will score in his City career.

Gilbert another one who has a place in my heart, certainly hope we can secure him permanently but it's going to be a massive task. I also really like the Liverpool boys aswell, if we could sign them pair I would be a happy man.

Hoping we can re-sign Stearman next season if they go up and we go up.

King, Tunchev and Howard.

King: Tidy footballer, keeps it simple and is learning with every game!

Tunchev: A good quality defender who understands the importance of going forward as well as defending which we have been missing since Matty left/retired.

Howard: I think someone has already said he could gain cult status. The guy wont be a 20 goal a season striker after this year but his contribution will still be so important for the team for the next few years.

Jack Lad aint bad either!!

Fez - you're spot on.

I remember FIFA 08 and looking at our squad list - I didn't want to play with many of them, and would end up putting oh Hammond and Hayles for a laugh.

And we went through a period of signing horrible players too - the likes of Danny Titato, Martin Keown and Stefan Frund, players you could have easily disliked when they were at other clubs, but signed for Leicester so were 'forced to like' so to speak.

But now I love the whole squad, but especially the Tunch - when playing my brother on FIFA he always gets a 'you can't beat the Tunch' when he wins his tackles. I'm always shooting from distance with old Kingey, pegging it up and down the flank with Maxy and Lloyd, and of course cooley finishing with Matty. I'm now prowd again to play with the Foxes and battle the world online too!

And may I add one player that would have got a lot more mentions had circumstances been different - Mark Davies - I noted he managed to get a few subs appearances for Bolton, think I saw a penalty claim against him on MOTD - so I'm glad he's there or there abouts at least - I guess the hope for Bolton is that he's the next Kevin Nolan.

It's funny how winning makes you like you're players more!

Too true, think of myself lucky that I had an ST through the MON days.

Feel sorry for those that have started watching the club after them days having favourite players such as Hume.

Of course I can see why he was a favourite player for some people but he was playing under a very average side with no drive or a settled side.

Andy Kings the man for me, keeps winning me money.

Loving this thread...especially nice to see Howard getting much deserved credit, the team isn't the same when he ain't there..

I'm struggling to pick anyone in particular. Last season I didn't get anyones name on my shirt, I ended up getting Tuchev on it this year...so it must be him! But only just. They've all done their part this year (so far!)

I'm loving this fella though.

:wub:

010274537216000.jpg:wub:

Davies and Tunchev have been the only players I've really admired this season.

One has already reached the Premier League and the other (injuries permitting) will do so in due course (let's hope and pray it's with us!)

Strange how Howard, Oakley and Fryatt keep cropping up in this thread, as if their p!sspoor performances of last season had never happened.

Even if we stay unbeaten for the rest of the season, it still won't be enough for me to forgive them for taking us to a league I hoped our club would never ever visit.

One has already reached the Premier League and the other (injuries permitting) will do so in due course (let's hope and pray it's with us!)

Strange how Howard, Oakley and Fryatt keep cropping up in this thread, as if their p!sspoor performances of last season had never happened.

Even if we stay unbeaten for the rest of the season, it still won't be enough for me to forgive them for taking us to a league I hoped our club would never ever visit.

As far as I am aware we aren't talking about last season. :whistle:

Yes, Howard, Oakley and Fryatt it is all your fault we went down.

Howard and Oakley have both played Premier League football.

Give them a break, its easy to criticise a player when they leave after a relegation. Howard, Fryatt and Oakley probably could of gone elsewhere if they wanted. Fair play to them for sticking around and playing a majour parts in so far a great season.

Its just so boring after a while.

King? :unsure:

Joe Ledley, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Collison, David Edwards.

Andy King's not getting in the middle of that for a long, long time. Wingers, however, are another matter - unless they ship Bale up the line we're going to be right out when Simon Davies and Koumas go. And Koumas isn't REALLY a winger, he's a central attacking midfielder at his best. So Adams could have had a chance, but he can't even get in the U21 side (mind you, neither could King, though he'll get considerably more chances with Ramsey in the seniors.)

I'm sick of reading stuff like this as if the players should shoulder the entire blame for relegation. I've always maintained that the environemnt the players were working under was a total joke and it was no wonder that they didn't put in the sort of performances that have characterised this season.

A revolving door of managers and players and a loony chairman are as much if not more to blame than most of the players in my eyes.

Anyway, this thread is a positive thread so I'm not going to say more on last season.

I'm loving Howard. Mixing passion and ability, my fondness has been growing for him as the season has gone on. Obviously Tunchev as well. I hope Dyer can get back in my good books. Then there's Fryatt of course. They'd be at the top of my list right now.

It is so good to be able to have favourite players.

Don't know who my favourite is out of: Mattock, Tunchev, Fryatt, Morrison, Oakley, Howard and Dickov.

Then out of the loan players, my favourites are: Martin, Hobbs and Cleverly . :chant:

Like Clemence as well.

So, thats nearly half the squad. :whistle:

I'm sick of reading stuff like this as if the players should shoulder the entire blame for relegation. I've always maintained that the environemnt the players were working under was a total joke and it was no wonder that they didn't put in the sort of performances that have characterised this season.

A revolving door of managers and players and a loony chairman are as much if not more to blame than most of the players in my eyes.

Anyway, this thread is a positive thread so I'm not going to say more on last season.

I'm loving Howard. Mixing passion and ability, my fondness has been growing for him as the season has gone on. Obviously Tunchev as well. I hope Dyer can get back in my good books. Then there's Fryatt of course. They'd be at the top of my list right now.

Spot on, the slate was wiped clean for me at the end of last season. This season we have had a consistent chairman, manager and team and it shows, you wouldn't think we still had the same man running the club.

It is so good to be able to have favourite players.

Don't know who my favourite is out of: Mattock, Tunchev, Fryatt, Morrison, Oakley, Howard and Dickov.

Then out of the loan players, my favourites are: Martin, Hobbs and Cleverly . :chant:

Like Clemence as well.

So, thats nearly half the squad. :whistle:

Clemence doesn't really qualify as a player anymore and Dickov surely can't be a favourite on his performances for us this time around

I was one of Howard's fiercest critics last season, but I felt everyone needed another chance to show what they're about. Those three in particular have shown what they are about, what they can do, and having a settled environment to work in and a manager who believes in them and their ability has helped no end.

Archived