Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

Blackberrys? Any Good? whats the verdict?

A poor mans iPhone? :dunno:

I've seen the Blackberry 8520 for £140 on PAYG I think, which on first glace seems quite reasonable, compared to the prices of the iPhone but not sure if I should be comparing the 2 for a start off/if Blackberrys are even that good?

Not sure i'll be getting one but certainly looking into them, they look quite handy. Anyone got one?

(I'm probably well off when even comparing a Blackberry and a iPhone :giggle:)

• 5 months later...

Anyone know how much 500mb of internet browsing is? Tempted to get the bolt on for my Sony Ericsson but won't bother if it will run out quick.

Should last you a month, if you got wifi on it, use wifi when you can, and then use the 500mb when your out n about!

Trying to get a phone that has Windows Live Messenger on it, but can't see anything that I fancy from 3 (whose phones have built in WLM). Are there any WLM apps that are downloadable on phones on other networks? Bit of a newbie question

Have you tried ebuddy or Nimbuzz. I use Nimbuzz on my Nokia and it's pretty straight forward to use.

Trying to get a phone that has Windows Live Messenger on it, but can't see anything that I fancy from 3 (whose phones have built in WLM). Are there any WLM apps that are downloadable on phones on other networks? Bit of a newbie question

Didn't know people still used windows live messenger nowadays!

Just got the Motorola Milestone on contract with orange.

100mins, unlimited texts and internet for £20 a month.

Seems alright so far. Impressed with all the apps on the android market.

It's a great phone but the Milestone 2 is coming out in about a month. Also wish Moto would bring the Droid X out over here but that'll never happen.

Edited by z-layrex

It's a great phone but the Milestone 2 is coming out in about a month. Also wish Moto would bring the Droid X out over here but that'll never happen.

Shit, if i'd have known that I would have probably waited and got the new one. I'm still happy with the price though.

I was torn between the milestone and the X10. And in the end went for the milestone purely because it was £10 cheaper a month.

Shit, if i'd have known that I would have probably waited and got the new one. I'm still happy with the price though.

I was torn between the milestone and the X10. And in the end went for the milestone purely because it was £10 cheaper a month.

Good choice you cant really trust SE phones. Don't worry about it to have the Milestone 2 you'd probably be having to pay at least 40 quid a month for 2 years to get the handset for free. And the only diff between the two is that the Milestone 2 has double the processor and RAM for gaming, multitasking etc, an improved hkyboard and will ship with newest android OS. The screen resolution and everything is exactly the same.

Got a Nokia E63 from 3. Been on MSN but I constantly keep getting asked to choose an access point. No matter what I choose every too often I keep being asked the same question. How do I stop this from happening, or select it so that whatever I choose it will stick with that access point