Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

well the Hero has been switching itself of and on lately and also i have only been getting baout 85% of my texts which is really annoying me, so rang orange and this bloke was like, the sytems are currently being upgraded at the minute but some one will ring you on tuesday to talk about it.

The contract i have got is great its just im not happy with the hero so i wouldn't mind just swapping the phone for anotherone; been looking at the SE W995. So im going to see if they will just swap phones for me. Saves me disconnecting, ringing back up and trying to haggle the same deal.

What do you reckon the chances of doing that are?

I would imagine they will as they will want to keep you as a customer.

I would imagine they will as they will want to keep you as a customer.

I hope so, but you never know with mobile phone companies, i can see them saying you have a 7 day returns period in which to return your phone if you don't like it, if you get me. so tough luck you have to stick with it

AJCW, you got a link to that phone?

Daz i dunno. what type of contracts can you get on it? whats the camera and stuff like?

I hope so, but you never know with mobile phone companies, i can see them saying you have a 7 day returns period in which to return your phone if you don't like it, if you get me. so tough luck you have to stick with it

AJCW, you got a link to that phone?

Daz i dunno. what type of contracts can you get on it? whats the camera and stuff like?

5mp camera, I think Nokia cameras are one of the best out there, but them I'm bias.

Dunno what you'll get with Orange. I pay £30 a month for: 1200 mins, unlimited texts and internet, but I have been with T-Mobile for about 5 years.

Just had a phone call from Orange.

I'm now getting the Sony Ericsson W995 for free, (Should be £48.50 for some reason) with free delivery too. It comes with a speaker what you can plug into your phone too. Has an 8.1 MP camera and also carries a SatNav.

sony-ericsson-w995-walkman.jpg

Just had a phone call from Orange.

I'm now getting the Sony Ericsson W995 for free, (Should be £48.50 for some reason) with free delivery too. It comes with a speaker what you can plug into your phone too. Has an 8.1 MP camera and also carries a SatNav.

sony-ericsson-w995-walkman.jpg

looks good :)

How come you getting it for free?

looks good :)

How come you getting it for free?

Had a moan at Orange, told them I was considering leaving when my contract expires. They'll jump through hoops with fire on if you tell them that.

Bloody Orange :@

Me and the Missus tried to get new Orange contracts (we're on T-Mobile at the mo'). Did the whole on-line thing.

And we were declined... :unsure: Credit score rating!?! :blink:

Now this sh*t us up as we should have none... so we paid £30 to have them checked out on Equifax... and guess what on a scale where 299 = poor and 475 = excellent, both me and the Missus are well over 500!!

Now is this Orange taking the piss and making us pay for credit checks they don't want to pay for... or what?

Anyone else have this problem?

Bloody Orange :@

Me and the Missus tried to get new Orange contracts (we're on T-Mobile at the mo'). Did the whole on-line thing.

And we were declined... :unsure: Credit score rating!?! :blink:

Now this sh*t us up as we should have none... so we paid £30 to have them checked out on Equifax... and guess what on a scale where 299 = poor and 475 = excellent, both me and the Missus are well over 500!!

Now is this Orange taking the piss and making us pay for credit checks they don't want to pay for... or what?

Anyone else have this problem?

Orange are shit. Crap signal as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Does any one know of any sites where you can pay with text messages!? After a cock up with a T-Mobile to Orange switch I now have £15 pay-as-you-go credit on a phone number I wont use, can I use this money anywhere to buy useful stuff? :unsure:

Does any one know of any sites where you can pay with text messages!? After a cock up with a T-Mobile to Orange switch I now have £15 pay-as-you-go credit on a phone number I wont use, can I use this money anywhere to buy useful stuff? :unsure:

Buy some games? I tend to play on my phone a bit, good games come in handy :).

Unlikely, but what about buying music?

Buy some games? I tend to play on my phone a bit, good games come in handy :).

Unlikely, but what about buying music?

I'm getting rid of the actual phone so games are pointless. I do buy Music, but I don't know what site will accept text payment?

Dont suppose anyone knows of any ways of getting out of a phone contract very early?

:sweating:

If you were with Orange about 2/3 months back then yeah. And there is also this but not sure if its even gonna be possible to break from the TMobile contract. Its also very unlikely stores like Phones4u will buy out contracts "very" early either. (how early is very early?)

So in brief - no.

My contract is up for renewal.

Budget of £30, what's the best I can get? Doubt I can get free Internet etc on Blackberry/iPhone so what's the next best thing where I may get some decent free Internet and worthwhile contract..

Cheers.

I pay £25 a month for my iphone. Get free internet too. Wifi and 3G.