Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

Ive been bumming along on PAYG with Tesco (no issues there)forever on a Nokia Ujymiflip.

Was contemplating upgrading to a simple phone which would let me access emails and thingys>

Dont want an Ipad/apple thing so what do peeps think is my besterest option and tarriff(As cheap as possible for both please!)

As you can see im abit simples like!

Edited by Raj

Guest BlueBrett

I have a samsung galaxy s3 but I have totally ****ed up the screen. The glass outer is shattered and the lcd has leaked. Plus the microphone near the button at the bottom has broken as well. I've been quoted about 170 quid to get it fixed which I just don't see bing worth it since it will probably just happen again.

My gf has an old iphone she is going to give me instead. I think it is the 3gs or something. It is on orange though and my sim is 3. I have heard it is sometimes tricky to get Orange iphones unblocked..does anyone know anything about this?

I have a samsung galaxy s3 but I have totally ****ed up the screen. The glass outer is shattered and the lcd has leaked. Plus the microphone near the button at the bottom has broken as well. I've been quoted about 170 quid to get it fixed which I just don't see bing worth it since it will probably just happen again.

My gf has an old iphone she is going to give me instead. I think it is the 3gs or something. It is on orange though and my sim is 3. I have heard it is sometimes tricky to get Orange iphones unblocked..does anyone know anything about this?

3gs is just the model of the phone. Nothing to do with the network/sim card.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw some websites saying June/July time. My contract was up last month but I'm waiting for the 5s don't see the point in getting a iPhone 5 now.

If you haven't already then switch to a sim only deal (you can do it with the same network to make it well easy) while you wait, then sign up for a new contract as per usual. Otherwise you're paying the contract price (designed to cover the cost of the phone) even though you've already finished your contract.

Apologies if you know the above already. I work for a mobile company and you'd be surprised at the number of people that still pay their full contract MRC even though they're not in term and can get the same allowance for a fraction of the price.

If you haven't already then switch to a sim only deal (you can do it with the same network to make it well easy) while you wait, then sign up for a new contract as per usual. Otherwise you're paying the contract price (designed to cover the cost of the phone) even though you've already finished your contract.

Apologies if you know the above already. I work for a mobile company and you'd be surprised at the number of people that still pay their full contract MRC even though they're not in term and can get the same allowance for a fraction of the price.

ALEXIPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPS....Is the samsung Galaxy Ace any good on this tarriff--

Tesco Mobile--

Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace

samsung-s5830+galaxy+ace-1331568611.gif

• 500 minutes
  • 5000 texts
  • 500MB data
  • 24 month contract

Monthly cost£12.50inc VAT

Phone price

Edited by Raj

Samsung Galaxy Ace is fine, Raj. I was setting some up at work today. For a cheapish phone it's pretty decent - clear screen, reasonably quick. I know they don't have tons of memory, but it just means you've got to be a bit careful with how much clutter you hold on it.

My Orange San Diego was brilliant (you can buy these off the shelf for £99) but I'm a bit cursed with it as I've had three so far, two of which had dead pixels out of the box, and the one that didn't, the screen broke in my pocket, and according to the internet I'm the only person this has ever happened to. Also, they're locked to Orange and cannot be unlocked (well not easily anyway) so you'd be stuck with them

• 9 months later...

Probably a thread already on this but I've searched for a good 5-10 seconds and didn't find owt.

I'm after recommendations please. I have an iPhone 4 but all my homies tell me the iPhone 5 is a bit shit....you see my quandary. So what should I get? My criteria is as follows:

- Needs to be easy to use

- Needs to have a decent camera

- transferring my music from iTunes to new phone needs to be straightforward

- Needs to have an easy to locate 'delete history' button

- That's pretty much it

I eagerly await your response.

If you want excellent integration with iTunes you want an iPhone, that's the main advantage.

I've got a HTC Mini One, love it. Same hardware as the full size, so not slower, and it's still a massive phone, about five inches. I pay £27 a month for unlimited calls and texts and 1GB data.

I've also been looking at a new one, Xperia Z1, Galaxy S4, LG G2 and HTC One seem to be highly regarded at the minute.

If you want excellent integration with iTunes you want an iPhone, that's the main advantage.

I've got a HTC Mini One, love it. Same hardware as the full size, so not slower, and it's still a massive phone, about five inches. I pay £27 a month for unlimited calls and texts and 1GB data.

I thought the Mini was lower spec on a few things, processor speed and RAM amongst them?

Edited by potter3

Nexus really is a brilliant phone and a bargain if you're looking to save a bit. You can pick it up from the Google store and get a sim for it. I paid £240 up front and a £10 per month sim covers all my needs. Works out much cheaper than a contact phone.

• Like 1