Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DeclanMC

Glastonbury 2009

not bad but not that great , the line ups have been geting slightly worse over the last couple of years , i love glastonbury ive been to the last 4 and the festival is about more than just the music but i do think they are struggling to attract the big artists probally because of costs

Apparently that list is wrong, the official one is now on the website. The line-up is good for me, quite a few good bands there. The main headliners apart from blur are a bit of an odd choice. Neil young and bruce springsteen are hardly going to attract a young crowd are they?

Apparently that list is wrong, the official one is now on the website. The line-up is good for me, quite a few good bands there. The main headliners apart from blur are a bit of an odd choice. Neil young and bruce springsteen are hardly going to attract a young crowd are they?

Maybe they want to appeal to a wider audience? :dunno:

Maybe they want to appeal to a wider audience? :dunno:

Exactly, they dont want a young chavy crowd (as someone said before) there is enough of the crappy festivals like that for kiddies (V festival, etc). Glasto has always been a festival that has something for everyone and long may it continue

There's plenty of modern acts there. Lily Allen and Lady Gaga, for example, are on the bill.

I hear there will be at least one City shirt (probably not the the 09-10 version though :() on display.

I shall look out for this when the festival highlights are screened on TV.

• 1 month later...

Loved the fleet foxes too, lily allen was just awful, mr youngs a legend but he can do no wrong in my eyes but not sure how most of the audience would have reacted, I'm sure most of them didnt know who he was. Looking forward to Bruce springsteen, The virgins, Gaslight anthem, twisted wheel.

I sometimes think I'm the only person on the entire planet to not 'get' the Fleet Foxes. :dunno: They just do nothing for me. :huh:

And I thought Libertine had good taste, shame on you.

I think they are very Neil youngy in parts so I would thought you'd like them.

I can understand why people dont like them its quite dull as a spectacle but I think the songwriting and the music is beautiful.

Going out for a meal, hopefully i'll be back to see Kasabian on BBC3, They don't really show the whole set though do they, just the odd tracks.

On BBC3 they don't, but on BBC4 they showed all of the Specials.

They'll show about 3 of Kasabian, then show a couple of other acts, then show a few more of Kasabian later. :/

I watched a bit yesterday... it looked incredibly soulless. Bland performances with bland audiences.

Having said that I don't like large venues and I also know you can't capture a concert on tv or video - you have to be there.

Having said THAT, Glastonbury is The Man - The Man dressed in wellies and garish, mismatched clothing, but The Man nonetheless.

I sometimes think I'm the only person on the entire planet to not 'get' the Fleet Foxes. :dunno: They just do nothing for me. :huh:

Total wank. Just another one of those bands who know one will remember in five years time.

Whereas your Neil Young: I would happily hold his dick while he had a piss.

Godlike.

One string left creating feedback. Love it.

Total wank. Just another one of those bands who know one will remember in five years time.

Whereas your Neil Young: I would happily hold his dick while he had a piss.

Godlike.

One string left creating feedback. Love it.

Yeah, but were I able to see him I'd have gone to Isle of Wight and not Eavis's tripe-in-a-field :angry:

Oh, and Fleet Foxes are amazing live. Large venues don't do good music justice. TV even less so.

Archived