Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DeclanMC

Glastonbury 2009

Yeah, but were I able to see him I'd have gone to Isle of Wight and not Eavis's tripe-in-a-field :angry:

Oh, and Fleet Foxes are amazing live. Large venues don't do good music justice. TV even less so.

he certainly has no idea of how to put a festival on ;)

Yeah, but were I able to see him I'd have gone to Isle of Wight and not Eavis's tripe-in-a-field :angry:

Oh, and Fleet Foxes are amazing live. Large venues don't do good music justice. TV even less so.

Seen Young a number of times, once at Glastonbury, and he was amazing each and every time (I never saw his dumbfuk electronic era - the worst album I have EVER paid for).

Fleet Foxes are not amazing on download. Were not amazing on TV and amazingly will not be given any other opportunity to waste my time. :D

I watched a bit yesterday... it looked incredibly soulless. Bland performances with bland audiences.

Having said that I don't like large venues and I also know you can't capture a concert on tv or video - you have to be there.

Having said THAT, Glastonbury is The Man - The Man dressed in wellies and garish, mismatched clothing, but The Man nonetheless.

I'm kinda feeling that this year.

I appreciate you get nothing like the full atmosphere conveyed on TV but compared to some years very little has really interested me. Sure, I've enjoyed a few sets so far but normally during other years when I've not been there I'm full-on pining by now whereas this year I'm just a bit 'meh' about the whole thing.

I'm sure if i was there I'd be enjoying it, but I can't see it going down in the history of the event as one of the 'great' years. :mellow:

On BBC3 they don't, but on BBC4 they showed all of the Specials.

They'll show about 3 of Kasabian, then show a couple of other acts, then show a few more of Kasabian later. :/

Cool.

Also just to let any fans of Kasabian know, there is a special on Radio 1 about Kasabian on Monday night, Think it is "The story of Kasabian" and will have bits from tonight's set.

I really do think Kasabian are the biggest band in Britain at the moment! It's no bad thing but you can't turn the radio on without hearing a Kasabian song, or someone talking about Kasabian, You can't watch TV without hearing Kasabian as a soundtrack, e.t.c, As I said no bad thing I love Kasabian.

(I meant to post this earlier before going out, but as I was writing I had to go out....Obviously as i've just got in I missed their set/highlights on TV :( Oh well, hopefully i'll still catch some highlights or hopefully there will be an option to see some of it on the red button)

was just off to watch that, but got side tracked by pendulum

Just watching that now.

Really like Pendulum, My mate who's a big DnB head used to like them but absolutely despises them now the are mainstream, I'm not a huge fan on DnB although I have got into abit recently - Its the twats that like it that do my head in lol, which is why i'd never go to a proper DnB rave/gig.

Pow, Pow, Pow.

Archived