Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

18 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

BruceSpringsteenDarknessontheEdgeofTown.

It would be a meaningless exercise, but if I had to choose one album as the greatest I'd ever listened to.....it would almost certainly be that one.

22 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

Reminded me of a funny story I read about Badly Drawn Boy and Mark E. Smith of The Fall (the link has other amusing stories about Mr. Smith)

https://www.getintothis.co.uk/2018/01/falls-mark-e-smith-top-five-madcap-magical-moments/

"2.  An encounter with Damon Gough – aka Badly Drawn Boy – in the mid-90s was swiftly inducted into the annals of legend. Upon seeing Smith leaving a hotel in Manchester, a little worse for wear, Gough slowed his car down to speak with him. Mistaking, or just simply assuming, Gough for a taxi driver, Smith hopped in and demanded to be taken home. Gough, perplexed but amused, did so.

Later, it transpired Smith had not just left a leather jacket in the back seat, but also a set of false teeth. Gough hung them from his rear view mirror for a long time thereafter. When quizzed about the story, Smith lamented the loss of the jacket but claimed Gough “can keep it, the fat little get.” Gough and The Fall went on to collaborate on the enigmatic Calendar".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Purpleronnie really  ...... vivid recollections of first seeing Debbie on TOTP as a school boy. Experiencing for the first time the stirrings of something that was a little incomprehensible .....

........ I need to take a cold shower now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2