Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

THE BEATLES

Its great to see such as great band still getting the praise much deserved, I mean it is real music and they are the best group ever!

At only 17 years of age, they are my favourite artists, in fact they are sensational. Hence their 27 number ones and my signature!

The Beatles are my number one favourites, but The Kinks, The Who, David Bowie are all my other favourites too!

McCartney/Lennon are the greatest singer-songwriters of all time.

2 words FROG and CHORUS

Hoping not to get into a massive Beatles Vs Dylan discussion but in mu opinion Dylans lyrics were far better than 99% of Beatles Lyrics

They've also made a whole heap of dross though...

I believe the phrase goes something like "if you sling enough mud about, some of it will surely stick....."

What about Liam and Noel? :ph34r:

I think they think that they are The Beatles :whistle:

Sorry and all because I quite like Oasis, well some of their songs are good, but I don't think Oasis are as good as Blur :ph34r:

To be honest though, there have been some quality Engish songwriters. The best are John Lennon/Paul McCartney as mentioned but up there include the likes of Ray Davies from The Kinks, Steve Marriot from The Small Faces and even the likes of Liam and Noel Gallagher as mentioned and Paul Weller etc...

I think they think that they are The Beatles :whistle:

Sorry and all because I quite like Oasis, well some of their songs are good, but I don't think Oasis are as good as Blur :ph34r:

:thumbup:

Albarn is one of the best British songwriters of all time, no doubt. Everything he does is genius.

Freddie Mercury is the greatest singer of all-time IMO.

:thumbup: Legend.

There were a few I missed off when talking about the greatest English songwriters, such as Freddie Mercury as mentioned and David Bowie.

:thumbup:

Albarn is one of the best British songwriters of all time, no doubt. Everything he does is genius.

That is the biggest load of bullspit, i've ever read. Damon Albarn wouldn't even be in the 50 greatest songwriters ever.

His song won't live on forever and neither will Blur.

Sorry to step on your dreams liek that but seriously get your head out of Damon arse ffs.

That is the biggest load of bullspit, i've ever read. Damon Albarn wouldn't even be in the 50 greatest songwriters ever.

Sorry to step on your dreams liek that but seriously get your head out of Damon arse ffs.

Really?

He would easily slip into the greatest 50 British songwriters wouldn't he?

Alright he isn't up there with John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ray Davies, Freddie Mercury, David Bowie the legends of our time but he easily beats the likes of Noel and Liam Gallagher and them people from Take That.

I would of said he was up there, seeing as we are talking about British songwriters.

I like Blur and think they are one of the better bands of the 90's. As I said, I rate them better than Oasis.

:dunno:

McCartney/Lennon are the greatest singer-songwriters of all time.
Thanks for letting us in on that.
2 words FROG and CHORUS

Hoping not to get into a massive Beatles Vs Dylan discussion but in mu opinion Dylans lyrics were far better than 99% of Beatles Lyrics

bob-dylan.jpg

Nuff said.

I really like The Beatles though.

lulz alright then.

Why does it always have to be competition though, they all bring something different to the table and if you ask them they will list a whole range of songwriters that have influenced themselves.

Most of them will also admit to have written some dross in amongst their classics.

Enjoy them all.

Why does it always have to be competition though, they all bring something different to the table and if you ask them they will list a whole range of songwriters that have influenced themselves.

Most of them will also admit to have written some dross in amongst their classics.

Enjoy them all.

Stop being so reasonable, damn your eyes.

I don't know why it has to be a competition either. I happily bought Country House and Roll With It in one transaction.

It's all a bit Man Utd, isn't it? People feel comforted in aligning themselves with THE BIGGEST and THE BEST, which seems to be more important than what they actually like. I'd be lying if I said I never get involved in these silly arguments, though. Oh look, here I go again: Mark E Smith > Bob Dylan

Archived