Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

THE BEATLES

Really?

He would easily slip into the greatest 50 British songwriters wouldn't he?

Alright he isn't up there with John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ray Davies, Freddie Mercury, David Bowie the legends of our time but he easily beats the likes of Noel and Liam Gallagher and them people from Take That.

I would of said he was up there, seeing as we are talking about British songwriters.

I like Blur and think they are one of the better bands of the 90's. As I said, I rate them better than Oasis.

:dunno:

You rate them over them over Oasis and The Stone Roses yet both of them have had alot more success Then Blur. Noel Gallagher has been known to be the best songwriter of his generation and thats not even coming from my mouth. If you take songs into account Noel has written songs what will be played years from now. Damon really hasn't.

Definitely maybe and Whats the story are albums that peaked at 1 and 2 of the greatest albums ever made, Blur didn't get nowhere near the top 10. Oasis have legend status already and their still going, Blur never had and never will in my opinion. Damon even has came out before and admitted they lost to Oasis in that battle back in the 90's.

Damon could never write a Live forever, Slide away, champagne supernova or a some might say. The sort of songs that have inspired new artist like the Artic monkey, Kasabian, The killers and Kings of leon. They have all said that Oasis where their biggest influence.

Paul Weller has even said Noel is the best songwriter in Britain in the last 20 years.

No offence to Blur fans but they come nowhere Oasis in terms of status.

By your logic The Spice Girls are one of the greatest bands of all time.

Anyway it was an opinion don't come out telling me i'm talking sh*t. IMO Damon Albarn is a hell of a lot more talented than the Gallaghers, with all the different Blur styles, the operas he writes, Gorillaz and TGTBATQ he's shown he can produce amazing music in a whole number of different music styles. Noel can't claim that, every time he writes an album he tries to do something different but it still comes out sounding exactly the same as the last.

End this Blur v Oasis argument now, we can't have another one.

I can feel myself being drawn into this nonsense.

Fight it, Bellend, fight it....

Fight it, because it's so pointless and childish, we might just as well have a thread on which is the best colour, although being LCFC fans Blue should come out fairly high :P .

Why not just discuss who you like and why and who's influenced your tastes without having to say who you don't like?

Fight it, because it's so pointless and childish, we might just as well have a thread on which is the best colour, although being LCFC fans Blue should come out fairly high :P .

Why not just discuss who you like and why and who's influenced your tastes without having to say who you don't like?

That's a capital idea. I have a plan for an exciting thread along the very lines you describe

Although the Blur v Oasis thing is suppose to end, this is not really carrying it on I don't think but..

The Gallaghers are talented no doubt about it but I just think that there big headed. The Beatles inspire them no doubt, but they think they are bigger than The Beatles when they arn't.

Sometimes I get bored with Oasis' songs and they get on my nerves where as I could listen to Blur all day!

Don't get me wrong though, The Gallaghers are top songwriters, not sure whether they are better than Blur, but they have come accross some good songs.

I don't think Noel/Liam Gallagher is/are the best songwriters in the last 20 years though, ecspecially when I think of the likes of David Bowie, The Who etc...

Both top bands though and it's whatever takes your taste really although music nowadays is poor. :ph34r:

It's good to have had some and still do have top and talented British songwriters :englandsmile4wf: although the songwriting nowadays is nowhere as good as what it was, but, this may be my own opinion seeing as I love the likes of The Beatles, The Kinks, The Who, David Bowie etc...

I don't think Noel/Liam Gallagher is/are the best songwriters in the last 20 years though, ecspecially when I think of the likes of David Bowie, The Who etc...

Me neither, but Bowie and The Who in the last 20 years? Hardly. Liam is hardly a songwriter anyway, he's written about 2 decent songs.

Both top bands though and it's whatever takes your taste really although music nowadays is poor. :ph34r:

No it isn't.

It's good to have had some and still do have top and talented British songwriters :englandsmile4wf: although the songwriting nowadays is nowhere as good as what it was, but, this may be my own opinion seeing as I love the likes of The Beatles, The Kinks, The Who, David Bowie etc...

I love these bands too, but you could be more open minded with modern music. There's plenty of decent music about still, just unfortunately a little harder to find. There are some brilliant songwriters around and we can't say yet whether they will go down as 'legends' or whathaveyou because it's too soon. I don't mean to go on at you but you could enjoy a lot more music than you already do, that's all.

I agree with DavieG too... theres no right or wrong... music is all about your own taste and opinion... I cant stand Dylans music but do love his lyrics and wouldnt say hes "crap" because a hell of a lot of people love him and he has contributed a lot to the industry. Its just not my taste at all. Cant stand it when people say something is shit just because they dont like it

Was definately the greatest Entertainer IMO... would love to have seen him live and Im not a massive Queen fan either lol

MJ? :ph34r:

In all seriousness, i'm not that interested in 'entertainers' in music - if the music is good then i'm entertained.

It's good though, people like Lib and Fox92 listening to The Beatles and Dylan at their ages - wish i'd of discovered them earlier (saying that i'm only 19 meself!).

As for modern music being poor, I would have to disagree with that. It's just different.

Sorry mate, didnt realise you were that old! Sure i've heard you say you were at college recently!

My bad!

And nice word by the way. I'm 20 next week if that makes you feel any better!

Haha, I was up until June. Was my third year. No biggie, just people used to think I was older on here. :(;)

Haha, I was up until June. Was my third year. No biggie, just people used to think I was older on here. :(;)

Yeah you have been on this forum for a long time fo sho, but I assumed you were doing A-Levels or something, obviously you (were) doing something else at college!

Also, I think everyone though you were older until you started associating with Milktray, Tilley, Lavrentis et al!!! :D

That's cos you listen to Perry Como, tune in religiously for The Archers, constantly harp on about "the good ole days", use snuff, and smell faintly of "au de colostomy".

:P

That is the biggest load of bullspit, i've ever read. Damon Albarn wouldn't even be in the 50 greatest songwriters ever.

His song won't live on forever and neither will Blur.

Sorry to step on your dreams liek that but seriously get your head out of Damon arse ffs.

You rate them over them over Oasis and The Stone Roses yet both of them have had alot more success Then Blur. Noel Gallagher has been known to be the best songwriter of his generation and thats not even coming from my mouth. If you take songs into account Noel has written songs what will be played years from now. Damon really hasn't.

Definitely maybe and Whats the story are albums that peaked at 1 and 2 of the greatest albums ever made, Blur didn't get nowhere near the top 10. Oasis have legend status already and their still going, Blur never had and never will in my opinion. Damon even has came out before and admitted they lost to Oasis in that battle back in the 90's.

Damon could never write a Live forever, Slide away, champagne supernova or a some might say. The sort of songs that have inspired new artist like the Artic monkey, Kasabian, The killers and Kings of leon. They have all said that Oasis where their biggest influence.

Paul Weller has even said Noel is the best songwriter in Britain in the last 20 years.

No offence to Blur fans but they come nowhere Oasis in terms of status.

Is Sanchez ASH17LCFC's slightly more eloquent cousin?

But Lennon had been dead for four years before that saw the light of day.

So it's a tad harsh to tarnish his legacy with that..

Agreed and a fair point but McCartney can't get away with it that easily!! :D

Archived