Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Bands We Used to Like...

Come on, many of us still have those niggly guilty pleasures that just won't go away. Went through my old CD collection yesterday and came across some shockers. Added a few to the list that I didn't have lying around somewhere as well. These were my particular favourites from the 13-15 era:

Fall Out Boy

Blink 182

Green Day

Funeral For a Friend

Something Corporate

Boxcar Racer

The Darkness

Simple Plan

The Ataris

Linkin Park

Panic At The Disco

Those, yes. Yellowcard, Sum 41, American Hi Fi, Bloodhound Gang, Fenix Tx, Finch, Lostprophets, Muse (origin of symetry), Saves the Day, Mxpx, Alkaline Trio, The Ataris, The Early November, The Get Up Kids, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Starting Line, A Static Lullaby, Feeder, Home Grown, Midtown, New Found Glory, Rufio, to name a few. Will still listen to them now and then.

Republica. And yes it is the worst album ever created.

The High.

Jesus Jones.

Mega City Four.

The Soup Dragons.

:(

ha, the high used to live in the bargain bins of the early 90's - they did have a couple of good tracks, but personally i never rated them much in the first place, i have a twelve inch single tho.

and i have a MC4 cd single, but that was more cause i liked the song...

and i bought a soup dragons LP retrospectively a few years back, don't think i've listened to it yet tho :unsure:

I don't think we need be too embarrassed by any of this. Show me a man who claims to have never enjoyed anything a bit naff, and I'll show you a big fat liar.

The 'crimes' of my youth are many and varied:

Bucks Fizz

Howard Jones

Nik Kershaw

Jaki Graham

Billy Joel

Dire Straits

Terence 'Trent' D'arby

Janet Jackson

Five Star

Belinda Carlisle

Londonbeat

Kylie Minogue

Danni Minogue

...to name but a few. I'm fascinated by most forms of music and I enjoyed all of the above at some point, and thanks to the delights of Spotify I've been trying them again of late, with mixed results it must be said.

I think the most embarrassing thing I have in my collection is the first Embrace album, which of the thousands of bits of music I've bought over the years is one of only a tiny fraction that I derived almost no pleasure from whatsoever, and I could say much the same about 'Dookie' by Green Day, which is one of only a handful of CDs I've ever actually parted company with.

This wonderful musical journey has ended with me finding what I really like, which is The Smiths and The Fall. Does it really matter what came before?

Not a jot, little friends

That's cheating. I bought my first album when I was 5, opening up a whole world of crap for the next 11 years or so.

Poor effort. I did also buy the Bohemian Like You single the second time it was out but I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

So good.

Archived