Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Kermorgant -His Penalty, His Video, His Life.

To be honest Penalties is a shambles, any suggestions to a different idea?

Away goals or that idea that Kareems Mum had (but I would implement that idea after 120 minutes and the first goal wins, it wouldn't take long) !

I wasn't at the game last night but I'm not an armchair twat, I've been to watch Leicester at least 500 times through thick and thin, just had a bad season of attendance this time because of circumstances. Last season I went to 95% of home games and many away games in League 1. I've even walked 20 miles to watch Leicester so I would consider myself a true fan.

A penalty is a simple job as long as you concentrate. Just pick a square metre to aim at and make sure you put the ball there. Yann obviously wasn't concentrating properly because he didn't even connect with the ball how he wanted. People can say what they think about his penalty if they want to cos it really was pathetic.

We had all been through hell and back in the last 2 games but especially so last night. The team had put absolutely everything into that 120 minutes last night and Yann then went and threw away their effort with a useless crack at a penalty. Deserves a bit of stick in my opinion.

Oh come on, seriously? Fook me, we'd all be world beaters with that logic.

Pick up a few darts and make sure you throw 'em in the treble 20's. Pick up a snooker cue and make sure the ball ends up in the pocket. Pick up a cricket bat and make sure you hit the ball in between 2 fielders...

'Yann threw away their effort' THEIR? It's called a team.

I gave you +1 too. Maddog can be an absoulete penis at times. He's probably one of the most negative people on here :P

Yet when we're doing well he's the first ****er to make a 'come on lads' topic/post.

He's as fickle as they come.

Webb was never going to do anything controversial to mess up his World cup place(If he has one!) or upset the home fans.

He defo was Pro Cardiff(especially towards diving Bothroyd)...may have my blue tinted specs on again tho...

Re-Kermo....really dont see the need after the dust has settled to berate him(and his nationality) so much.

He made a fook up,we lost,thats it,im sure he's not feeling such a hero today!

who's to say the outcome would have been any different anyway?

Having said that...i did give him no end of shit all the way home (Not literally!)

Aside from the penalty, all the commentators were on about was how fresh waggy and spearing are as they'd just come on, kermogrant didnt play that much longer than them yet barely touched the ball, at one point most of us thought he'd made an amazing run through the middle but no... Bruno Berner. He just doesn't seem to do anything effective, I know he's not had a huge amount of game time but when he does he seems to be lazy.

Ok littles boys, I repeat : at Grenoble FC and Stade Reims, Yann shot 50% " panenka " ( always in ) or 50% on the right, for penalties.

Pearson and Shake asked Berner, Howard, Waghorn and Solano, they said YES, Hobbs, Bruce, King, Wellens, Spearing and Weale NO, so Yann which really is not the player who is most confident took his responsibilities, it did not, it was a little shit panenka

Ok I can understand your frustration, but stop your rage against frog

Why Dyer and your little Waghorn ( who likes to complain, and roll on the pitch ) had two games shit ?

Why mess with Brown has done as much damage in the group ?

He's going to have a point to prove now. He'll know that he messed up, that the whole team will be pissed. He won't want to be remembered as "that French guy that missed a penalty".

I think he could transform into a proper player.

Kermogant has shown potential and if he can consistently produce the glimpses we've seen he will be very useful next season! We need to keep him!

Just at the moment go back to France!

Make your mind up mate :unsure:

At least seeing him score similar goals for the french team means it wasn't a pure cheeky shot, it's what he does. If he wasn't 100% confident taking the pen in the first place as somebody above says then I feel even more sorry for him, I shit myself at 5-a-side taking a match deciding pen a few years ago (still scored, mind you)

Guest ttfn

Can't be bothered to read this thread in its entirety so this has probably been said.

It was totally irresponsible but he had the nuts to step up and take a pen, no matter how shit it was. That has to count for something

Oh come on, seriously? Fook me, we'd all be world beaters with that logic.

Pick up a few darts and make sure you throw 'em in the treble 20's. Pick up a snooker cue and make sure the ball ends up in the pocket. Pick up a cricket bat and make sure you hit the ball in between 2 fielders...

'Yann threw away their effort' THEIR? It's called a team.

Why, can't you put a football into a square metre from 12 yards? I know I can. And my little Junior School cousin can. It really isn't tough, especially when you practice. Concentration is the key. If you are concentrating you will put the ball where you want it from 12 yards. I'm not saying you will score evrytime cos the keeper might do a good job and pull of a save. Berner, Howard, Solano and Waghorn had no problem with concentrating on their foot and the ball.

All the other examples you gave of other sports are much harder to do because there are so many combinations. A penalty is the same every time.

Guest parky0607

I agree with everyone on here in a way ... to sum it up..

- Idiot for what he did

- Very arrogant

- Shouldn't have took it if he couldn't do it

BUT

- He stood up and took a penalty

- It would've been extremely terrifying

- Waghorn's penalty was also saved

IMO I don't think we should be crucifying him - he's still a fox at this point in time, and it's no good as fans to be slating our own players. You could blame anyone for us not getting through, you could blame Weale for not saving the free kick in the first leg, Bruce for giving away the penalty, Howard for getting sent off etc etc. I think right now we should just appreciate where we've come and stay strong for next season, where it will all start again!

The automatic position will be ours!

Why, can't you put a football into a square metre from 12 yards? I know I can. And my little Junior School cousin can. It really isn't tough, especially when you practice. Concentration is the key. If you are concentrating you will put the ball where you want it from 12 yards. Berner, Howard and Solano had no problem with it.

All the other examples you gave of other sports are much harder to do because there are so many combinations. A penalty is the same every time.

Ina word...PRESSURE

Ina word...PRESSURE

Yeah that's all it could of been,

I'm not going to get on his back next season. If he starts the first game of the season I will give him support and I really hope he does a good job for us. I feel for him cos he must be feeling quite bad about it all.

But it will take me a few more days to chill out about his pen!

No question about it. Our whole season was torn apart by that stupid Frenchman. He cost us dearly!

Thats just a silly comment.

Alot of better players than him have missed penos ie Becks,Baggio,Chris Waddle!!

No use berating the cu.nt,he could end up scoting 20+ next season( doubt it tho!!!!)

Why, can't you put a football into a square metre from 12 yards? I know I can. And my little Junior School cousin can. It really isn't tough, especially when you practice. Concentration is the key. If you are concentrating you will put the ball where you want it from 12 yards. I'm not saying you will score evrytime cos the keeper might do a good job and pull of a save. Berner, Howard, Solano and Waghorn had no problem with concentrating on their foot and the ball.

Yes, but that's in a no pressure environment. The thing with penalties is that they are always good if they go in. Whittingham hit his pen (during normal time) straight down the middle, if Weale stood still he would have kept it out and there would have been cries of "What a crap penalty". You could say Waghorn's was much better as it was in the corner, yet Whittinham scored and Waghorn missed. Penalty's are a lottery - end of.

My other examples have so many combinations? Picking up 3 darts and throwing them in the treble 20's is much more of a closed scenario than taking a penalty. It is an indoor 'sport' for one, and you're not up against anyone else, it's you and the board at that moment in time.

Archived