Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Hinckley 2014/15

League 2 final table

npowerleague2informatiom.png

featuring a 24 game unbeaten run and taking only 12 points from the last 15 games, having been 25+ points clear.

JPT

hinckleyvswanseainforma.png

Beat Forest on away goals to get myself in the final the round before.

Transfers

hinckleyunitedtransfers.png

Some cracking business, selling American playmaker Valentin for half a mil, misfiring forwards Paulico and Czismadia for a third of a million combined with 35% of the next fee. Big signings are Taarabt, Delaney, Kisnorbo, Davies and Sanchez. Nice £825k profit.

Squad

hinckleyunitedhinckleyp.png

The board are improving the training facilities, hopefully be able to attract a bit more quality into the side.

Some cracking business, selling American playmaker Valentin for half a mil, misfiring forwards Paulico and Czismadia for a third of a million combined with 35% of the next fee. Big signings are Taarabt, Delaney, Kisnorbo, Davies and Sanchez. Nice £825k profit.

Looks like all of your big signings, bar Davies, have had unimpressive seasons. Jensen (what's he like in your game?) and Saez looked like your key men. Some good loan signings you made too. Grats on you two titles as well. Did you also lose money by winning the JPT by the way?

Looks like all of your big signings, bar Davies, have had unimpressive seasons. Jensen (what's he like in your game?) and Saez looked like your key men. Some good loan signings you made too. Grats on you two titles as well. Did you also lose money by winning the JPT by the way?

I think that's just because most of them were defensive players and my tactics are shit defensively, I think without them I would have done a lot worse.

Jensen is decent as an out and out winger, got a bit of pace and dribbling, not so great with the final ball, but he'll do, my 12 current ability, 16 potential ability coach reckons he's a good L1 player at the minute with 2.5 stars, and 4 star potential to be a good Championship winger. He's only in my game, boys a regen, first started in 2012/13 at Brøndby.

Coach report

simonjensenreportscoach.png

Attributes

simonjensenprofileattri.png

And I made something like a £10k profit from all the prize money from the JPT, cup bonus payout was larger than the prize money from winning the final BUT less than the total prize money from it, so not too bad.

Season 2015/16 - League 1

Said to the board I'd finish mid-table and they gave me £475k and £24.5k pw to spend.

Decided on playing a 4-2-3-1 deep, counter attacking with a pacey forward and wingers.

Formation and starting 11 + subs

hinckleyunitedhinckleyt.png

No keeper on the bench because I haven't had one injured in a match yet, would rather more outfield options.

Team instructions

hinckleyunitedhinckleyt.png

Reading - home

Kicked off the season with a 2-6 loss to Reading at home, free transfer William Murphy getting both goals for me, Reading have kept a really strong side after coming down this year, so they were gonna be very difficult to get a result against. Only good performance was from William Murphy, 17 of his 19 passes finding a Hinckley player as well as his 2 goals, acceptable performances from Taarabt and Davies, getting an assist each.

Southampton - away

Followed it up with a thrilling 5-4 win against Championship side Southampton in the LC, Arron Davies(2), Adel Taarabt, William Murphy and Paul Scharner scoring the goals. Reece Hands, Adel Taarabt, William Murphy and Simon Jensen(2) with the assists. Arron Davies MotM, Adel Taarabt a close second.

Player ratings

southamptonvhinckleysta.png

Match stats

southamptonvhinckleysta.png

Not really sure how they managed to score 4 with only 1 CCC, must work on that.

Leyton Orient - away

Then lost my next game in the league 2-0 away at Leyton Orient, should have done better.

Bristol Rovers - home

Bristol Rovers came to the Greene King, and beaten 2-0, goals from centre-half Reece Wabara on 41 minutes and William Murphy just after the start of the second half on 46 minutes, MotM performance from midfielder Reece Hands, winning the ball and using it well, getting an assist as well.

Player ratings

hinckleyvbristolroverss.png

Currently sat in 22nd, not a great start, hopefully put some results together soon

npowerleague1informatio.png

continued cause it wouldn't let me post more pictures:

Transfers

Overview

hinckleyunitedtransfers.png

Out

Vidovic

Chairman accepted a bid of 350k for Vidovic, so I offered him out for £600k, Hull offered £550k and a friendly so I thought it'd be a better offer.

Vidovic attributes

mateovidovicprofileattr.png

Delaney, Fallon, Fuller, Murray

Decided the money they were earning was more than they were worth, and better spent else-where rather than paying hefty sums to retain there services, give some of the younger talent some game time to develop.

Felix Katongo

Had been a good servant to the club, but had started to decline physically, no good for a winger reliant on speed.

Akpa-Akpro, Geohaghan, Parkes, Blackman, Goode

Not good enough.

Imray, Fitzgerald

Sad to see 52 times capped by NZ keeper Imray leave, but wanted to get in a younger alternative with more potential for the hopeful rise up the leagues, and Imray wasn't willing to be anything but 1st choice.

Fitzgerald is a decent but limited central defender, good in the air but slow and beginning to decline, would have been 5th choice behind generally younger options so was allowed to leave.

In

Paul Scharner - £3.5k

First choice centre half, but only as a short term measure for this season.

Scharner attributes

paulscharnerprofileattr.png

William Murphy - free

Ex-Sunderland man who had been on loan to me twice before, snapped him up on a fairly lengthy deal, 4 and a half star potential to be a good Championship forward.

Murphy attributes

williammurphyprofileatt.png

Frankie Bass, Marvin Williams and Gyliano van Velzen - season long loans - £26k, free and free

Signed mainly as cheap cover, Bass looks pretty versatile, Williams fits my style and is a cheap but capable 3rd choice forward. G. van Velzen can play either wing, has a bit of pace and can dribble

Bass, Williams and van Velzen attributes

Bass

frankiebassprofileattri.png

Williams

marvinwilliamsprofileat.png

van Velzen

gylianovanvelzenprofile.png

Steve Carlier - season long loan - £95k

Brought in for rotation, looks capable

Carlier attributes

stevecarlierprofileattr.png

Ivica Skof - season long loan - £9k loan fee - £180k future fee

Possible long term #1, 5 star potential, gonna make it a permanent in the January window if he's problem free until then.

Skof attributes

ivicaskofprofileattribu.png

Juska Savolainen - £30k

Finish defensive midfielder, brought in to win the ball and create from deep.

Ben Mansell - season long loan - free

Adds height to the defence and a better alternative defensively to former Villarreal man Mario

Mansell attributes

benmansellprofileattrib.png

I want to bring in a centre half who can play DC - Cover so I can play a Stopper-Cover Combo at the back in January, happy with the squad other than that though, if I get any injuries I'll look to the short term loan market, might consider a new AMR but only if the right player becomes available.

Got a LC 2nd round tie away at Premiership West Brom next, expecting a defeat.

Juska Savolainen - £30k

Finish defensive midfielder, brought in to win the ball and create from deep.

Ohhh, Savolainen! Blast from the past. Although I don't think it's the same as the one called Jussi-Pekka in older versions. True FM legend he was :thumbup:

Well I'm an old man and I haven't played a football manager type game for over 30 years since I played one on a spectrum 48 but I had a free week and decided to get hold of FM - it was 2010 for a £1. Decided to go in at the bottom. Hinckley in the BSN. Nice to be able to loan Leciester players and I had King,Rowe and O'niell give me great seasons when they were fit. Bought in ten new players and apart from a terrible 2 month injury run I tore up the league losing in the playoff final on pens after leading 3 times.

Can't believe that in the off-season Wenger has retired and Arsenal have offered me the job. I've just gone from first year manager in the BSN to champions league manager, £395 pw to £99,000. It's sort of taken the shine off my season - so unrealistic. Think I've probably finished with the game.

Well I'm an old man and I haven't played a football manager type game for over 30 years since I played one on a spectrum 48 but I had a free week and decided to get hold of FM - it was 2010 for a £1. Decided to go in at the bottom. Hinckley in the BSN. Nice to be able to loan Leciester players and I had King,Rowe and O'niell give me great seasons when they were fit. Bought in ten new players and apart from a terrible 2 month injury run I tore up the league losing in the playoff final on pens after leading 3 times.

Can't believe that in the off-season Wenger has retired and Arsenal have offered me the job. I've just gone from first year manager in the BSN to champions league manager, £395 pw to £99,000. It's sort of taken the shine off my season - so unrealistic. Think I've probably finished with the game.

Which FM version did you get? The handheld or the PC one? And you won't get offered the job at Arsenal unless you set your previous experience as "international footballer", which gives you the highest possible start reputation, i.e. one that would be suited for a top job in football.

PC

and yeah I said ex-international - can't remember how many games they put me down as perhaps 40 but I'm an old ex pro managing a BSN team no way should I be offered one of the plum jobs in the world after 1 season - I was hoping for Leicester after 4 or 5 seasons of good results. seems pretty dumb.

PC

and yeah I said ex-international - can't remember how many games they put me down as perhaps 40 but I'm an old ex pro managing a BSN team no way should I be offered one of the plum jobs in the world after 1 season - I was hoping for Leicester after 4 or 5 seasons of good results. seems pretty dumb.

The system is reputation based. When you're an ex international, you've got a high reputation, i.e. your reputation is MUCH higher than e.g. Hinckley in the BSN. It's a bit like Ince having two seasons in League Two and then getting the Blackburn job, or even like Shearer and McCoist getting jobs at Newcastle and Rangers without any previous experience :dunno: You should pick 'sunday league footballer' or 'semi-pro' if you want it to be a "realistic" career with Hinckley...

The system is reputation based. When you're an ex international, you've got a high reputation, i.e. your reputation is MUCH higher than e.g. Hinckley in the BSN. It's a bit like Ince having two seasons in League Two and then getting the Blackburn job, or even like Shearer and McCoist getting jobs at Newcastle and Rangers without any previous experience :dunno: You should pick 'sunday league footballer' or 'semi-pro' if you want it to be a "realistic" career with Hinckley...

Thanks

Currently started as AFC Leicester (taking over from Solihull Moors and giving them a few quid - about 25k wages and 50k trannies) in the Blue Sq North on the latest DB with 0 squad players. Got meself a fairly tidy team if im honest most of whom i cant remember at the minute - Matt Duke in goal, Brandy and Terry Dixon up front with Livaja (God knows how I got a WP for him!) Already into League 2 after 2 straight promotions. Will update more once im home with my laptop and not wasting time at work.

Matt Duke

Javan Vidal - Claude Davis - Holmer Eyjolfsson - Luke O'Neill

Mark Bradley - Ryan France

Kieran Djalli - Kyel Reid

Terry Dixon - Febian Brandy

Robert Ambrusics

Thomas Cruise

Jonathan Fortune

Alan Gow

Marko Livaja

how come you cant play as germany?

SI don't have the rights to Germany (or Japan + others) - I remember in old versions there was a file you could remove that disabled that and allowed play as Germany.

lads, trying to install this:

http://community.sig...-free-transfers

but for some reason i can't get the database to work, any idea's on what to do?

Coming up saying I don't have sufficient privileges to see the page - what is it and what errors are coming up when you try to load it?

SI don't have the rights to Germany (or Japan + others) - I remember in old versions there was a file you could remove that disabled that and allowed play as Germany.

Coming up saying I don't have sufficient privileges to see the page - what is it and what errors are coming up when you try to load it?

You need an account on the official SI forums.

Extraordinary. 98 points with Peterborough in League One, and I came fvcking third.

Huddersfield in 4th on 97. lol

Colchester overall win them.

Up now though following a league win (on 93 points funnily enough).

Febian Brandy is an actual machine.

Archived