Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Play.com have got this for release on the 8th October, looking forward to next years game.

Hopefully the 3D pitch will be evolved and it will be even better.

I know its a bit early but i can't wait for this or the demo to come out!!!

What other editions to the game would you like to see??

They need to take it back to being fun to play, I honestly can't figure out this years at all. There's too many factors that affect how your team plays and I can't be arsed to do them all before a game just so I can scrape a 1-0 win. I shouldn't have to change my formation every 2 games because I've been 'figured out' - it doesn't work like that. Fair enough you should change your formation depending on the other team but on FM10 if you play one too many attacking players it decides you're gonna lose because of it. Prime example was when I was Barcelona, best team on the game surely and somehow I lost to Almeira or whatever they're called because I had a morr attacking lineup. It's really annoying.

They need to take it back to being fun to play, I honestly can't figure out this years at all. There's too many factors that affect how your team plays and I can't be arsed to do them all before a game just so I can scrape a 1-0 win. I shouldn't have to change my formation every 2 games because I've been 'figured out' - it doesn't work like that. Fair enough you should change your formation depending on the other team but on FM10 if you play one too many attacking players it decides you're gonna lose because of it. Prime example was when I was Barcelona, best team on the game surely and somehow I lost to Almeira or whatever they're called because I had a morr attacking lineup. It's really annoying.

ill send you the formation i use! not lost in 89 games lol:)

Agree with the first line, I just didn't find this years much fun tbh. Haven't touched it in a while.

This years one wasn't as long playing if you know what I mean. When it was released, hell I was playing it all the time! On previous versions though, I'd still have a save atm and loving it... this one just doesn't have that for me :(

2010 has probably been the one I've most enjoyed out the past few years. Plus I've really got into FM since the handheld version came out for the iTouch/iPhone.

Should be interesting to see what's new in this years.

Also, I see the new forums are close - any news when they'll be back up Ricey?

Guest ttfn

Football Manager stopped being good as soon as you couldn't get through a season in about 8-10 hours of play.

God knows how anybody (even students) have time to sit and play it now when each game takes 15 minutes to play

Football Manager stopped being good as soon as you couldn't get through a season in about 8-10 hours of play.

God knows how anybody (even students) have time to sit and play it now when each game takes 15 minutes to play

Sounds like you need a new computer if it take you 15 minutes! I don't watch in 3D and have gone semi-old school by only watching 2D highlights. I was able to get through a season in around 8-10 hours play, sometimes quicker!

For me like Ozwin said the fun needs to be put back into the game, now i struggle to get 6 months into a game but before i could do 3/4/5 seasons before i would get bored, the little factors like deciding the formation before everygame can get tedious.

but im still looking forward to next seasons :D

I didn't enjoy the last couple of FM games. On the one hand I love the over arching complexity and the detail but I simply don't have the time to invest in playing it. I think it's a combination of the increasing detail of the game and my decreasing time to play it (kids, wife, house, work etc) that means this is no longer a gaming option for me. I still play the old FM and CM games on the PSP - more of a bite size game I suppose. God knows how many months of my life I've spent in front of the PC (and Amiga!) playing every game from Championship Manager 93 all the way through the series.

FM has kind of got to a point where it can really do no more. Any extras on the new game will surely just make the game far too detailed. There should be an option where you can add/remove aspects of the game to tailor the game to your requirements to keep it fun. I used to live on the original Champ Mans in the 90's and wouldnt stop playing them until the next version came out. Victor Leonenko was a ledge. Then FM came out and that too used to keep me playing for days on end.

However, the last two FM's have been too much. I mean, I dont want to have to select either 'you can win tonight lads / make sure you win / just relax and the result will take care of itself' before, during and after a game. Thats what my ass man is there for. Before you all say it, I know the option is there to allow your ass man to take control of team talks, but I dont want Richie Wellens giving me jip cos I dont have a hands on approach!!

Press conferences too, what is the point. So what if Micah Richards takes my praise with a pinch of salt. Press conferences are just not needed, esp. when there are only 3-4 replies possible. I used to like it when you could simply praise Sir Alex and he'd become your pal and give you Daniel Galbraith on loan. Now you gotta have a press conference to get anywhere near some kind of rapour with Neil Warnock...

Too much FM, less detail and complexity, more fun....

FM has kind of got to a point where it can really do no more. Any extras on the new game will surely just make the game far too detailed. There should be an option where you can add/remove aspects of the game to tailor the game to your requirements to keep it fun. I used to live on the original Champ Mans in the 90's and wouldnt stop playing them until the next version came out. Victor Leonenko was a ledge. Then FM came out and that too used to keep me playing for days on end.

However, the last two FM's have been too much. I mean, I dont want to have to select either 'you can win tonight lads / make sure you win / just relax and the result will take care of itself' before, during and after a game. Thats what my ass man is there for. Before you all say it, I know the option is there to allow your ass man to take control of team talks, but I dont want Richie Wellens giving me jip cos I dont have a hands on approach!!

Press conferences too, what is the point. So what if Micah Richards takes my praise with a pinch of salt. Press conferences are just not needed, esp. when there are only 3-4 replies possible. I used to like it when you could simply praise Sir Alex and he'd become your pal and give you Daniel Galbraith on loan. Now you gotta have a press conference to get anywhere near some kind of rapour with Neil Warnock...

Too much FM, less detail and complexity, more fun....

Agree with every word. Its too much recently. The team talks and press conference become a chor.I love all the unlimited stats and everything about the game, i just want to turn these 2 features off.

Agree with every word. Its too much recently. The team talks and press conference become a chor.I love all the unlimited stats and everything about the game, i just want to turn these 2 features off.

You can.

Go to 'Team Settings' in your Club menu and in there you can get your assistant to deal with team talks and press conferences.

You can.

Go to 'Team Settings' in your Club menu and in there you can get your assistant to deal with team talks and press conferences.

Ok Ricey, but i was worried that it may have an a drastic effect on my team if my assistent manager gave poor comments and team talks. I'd just like these feature's to go away all together.

Ok Ricey, but i was worried that it may have an a drastic effect on my team if my assistent manager gave poor comments and team talks. I'd just like these feature's to go away all together.

Your assistant will cock up now and again but he'll also deal with things well. There won't be a drastic effect.

Archived