Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

The problem I had was it was a dbc file that could not be opened, but I've sorted it now. Thanks for your excellent input nonetheless.

How did you sort it? I'm having some problems as well.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something glaringly obvious but don't know what.

at the end of 30 years youroing to have quite a lot of messages

'Ctrl + A' and then Mark all messages as unread would sort that out.

How did you sort it? I'm having some problems as well.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something glaringly obvious but don't know what.

Put the dbc file into 'Editor Data' folder inside the My Documents > Sports Interactive > FM2011 bit. Start a new game and select the normal 11.3 database but tick 'Change' at the bottom. On the next screen you can select the database edits found in the folder.

at the end of 30 years youroing to have quite a lot of messages

It wipes all over a certain age by the looks of things - I've stopped in 2030 to clear a few messages off but the oldest one is from october 2029 so there shouldn't be too much come 2040. Besides I'll retire the current manager and add a new one once I reach 2040.

Meanwhile got to love city - Iker Casillas in the staff and still Mike Stowell is the registered GK Coach. :laugh:

Came 4th and lost in the play-offs to Blackpool, actually fvcking livid. Embarrassed.

My defence started falling to pieces, Matt Mills, nowhere near good enough.

Franck Moussa played most games for me, AML, unbelievable really, I put him in for Dyer who was injured, did very well and never seemed to lose form, credit.

Gallagher as an AMR inside forward, without doubt the best you can get him, he's gone from being average every other time I've used him to one of my best players when used there.

Devastated. Started a game as Crawley to try and take them to the premiership.

First season, blew my wage budget on Febian Brandy, who scored 44 league goals in 39 league games, won the league and moved into L2 for the first time in Crawley's history. Slow start to life in L2 but ended up winning the league with Brandy scoring 38 league goals in 41 league games this time around.

Up to L1 I moved, and after about 10 games I was in the relegation zone. Changed my tactics and began to slowly creep up the table and ended up finishing 3rd, with a play-off tie against Bristol Rovers. Won 4-2 at their place, and was losing 2-0 at mine with 5 minutes left. Went all out defensive because I thought away goals counted and was under the impression I was heading to the final, until I realised the game was going into extra time. I'd used all my subs and has 5 defenders on the pitch, so tried to play out for a penalty shootout, but in the last minute of extra time, Rovers snatched a winner to make it 3-0 and send me out.

Got offered the Spurs job and considered it massively, but decided to stay with Crawley. Just managed to sign Taarabt on a season-long loan and also signed Le Fondre! Hoping this is the season I get promoted to the Championship.

:thumbup:

It wipes all over a certain age by the looks of things - I've stopped in 2030 to clear a few messages off but the oldest one is from october 2029 so there shouldn't be too much come 2040. Besides I'll retire the current manager and add a new one once I reach 2040.

Meanwhile got to love city - Iker Casillas in the staff and still Mike Stowell is the registered GK Coach. :laugh:

whats all the massive changes in the leagues like man u in league 2?

I've uploaded a copy of it to the internet if anyone just wants to play on their own:

Mediafire

It's on patch 11.2 and the leagues are: England (BSS/BSN and above), Scotland (Third Division and above), Spain (Liga Adelante and above), Italy (Serie B and above), France (National and above) & Germany (2. Bundesliga and above).

Edit: It's just a save file so all you do is download and copy to documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2011>Games

Final Vauxhall season review:

Just finished the final season with Vauxhall, and it's with a heavy heart that I leave that game.

League Cup

I got to the final last year, so I thought this could be a winnable competition with a larger squad and better reserves. I easily disposed of Hull in round 3 and produced the result of the tournament against Man U at home winning 3-0 in extra time! Edged a very tight match 1-0 at home (again) to Everton and got very lucky by drawing Reading in the semis (Arsenal and MLiverpool being the other two). Got two unconvincing 1-0 wins and played Arsenal in the final. They were strangely lacklustre and not near as strong as last season. It was an even match though which I edged 2-1 thanks to an Adebayor brace. First trophy in the cabinet!

Champions League

The draw for the CL group was particularly harsh on me, pitting me against Bayern, Napoli and FC Copenhagen, but I made it through thanks largely to a key 3-2 win at home to Bayern in the penultimate match: my 85th minute sub scoring in the 87th minute! Still, I was unable to win the group as FC Copenhagen, who were trounced 6-0 at my place, somehow prevented my team from scoring. 0-0 and I was facing a knockout tie against a very tidy Lyon side.

I could've drawn a worse team, but they were still better in just about every position. I sneaked home a 3-1 win at Rivacre Park despite being exposed on counters and riding my luck very much. and only went on to win 4-1 away in probably my sharpest game of the season. Lyon had still outshot me and created more clear cut chances in the end, but thankfully my strikers were on top form!

Next up was a distinctly average Leverkusen side in the quarters, yet another good slice of fortune in the draw. They frustratingly beat me away 1-0 despite it being a very even game, but they couldn't handle my strikers at home as I went on to win 3-0.

In the semi's the luck of the draw deserted me as I got Barcelona. A truly frightening attacking side with some weak points in defense. Two absolutely thrilling ties, the first one being at home. They took the lead with a phenomenal strike by Neymar, only for one of my regen strikers to equalize. They took the lead again with their mouth-watering regen striker on 30 minutes. I'd created the most clear cut chances and had out-possessed Barca so I said sympathise, which did the trick. An own-goal by Subotic brought me back level and Buonanotte fired in the winner on 85 mins. A truly superb win, with the only (but big) downside being seven bookings to my side. It meant I had to manage without my captain and a left back (all three were out) and was forced to play Onuoha at right back in the return leg despite him still being injured. A phenomenal start put me ahead on 3 minutes, only for that regen striker to equalize on 10 minutes. I thought I was dreaming when Adebayor put me ahead again on 16 minutes, but the regen striker was in a lethal mood pegging the team back once more on 25. At half-time I was still going through and I'd said the right thing at HT too, but Barca produced an absolutely sizzling display in the second half, absolutely pounding my team. On 70 minutes, the score was 6-2 in their favour, Messi, Neymar, Paulo Henrique and Cristig all getting on the scoresheet. Absolutely shell-shocked but success was never on the cards. Still, to have been ahead against Barca with 135 of 180 minutes played was quite an achievement.

League

With the last game of the season and the FA Cup final still to come, the game thought it would be funny to give an unreal quadruple knockout, with my keeper, leftback and both my rightbacks getting injured, with only Onuoha looking like he could be available for the final. I won that last game, but it mattered little as Man City had been on an amazing run, losing just once and drawing twice (one being our game) and winning the rest in the league after the turn of the year. With six-seven games to go, I thought I had a shot as my run-in was dead easy while they had to play Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham. They won them all... and finished ahead of me by just three points. Second place and a final tally of 80 points and the best goal difference (+54) showed it was a significant improvement on last season. I finished 12 points ahead of Liverpool in third, so extraordinarily, had I managed to just emulate last seasons tally of 70, I STILL would've gotten the runner-up spot!

FA Cup

I got my due rewards in the FA Cup though, enjoying a ridiculously lucky draw all the way to the final: Sheff Utd (Ch), Eastleigh (Ch), West Brom, Middlesbrough and Bolton (all Prem) in the semis. Man City beckoned in the final and a very even battle swung my way when their regen centerback got a straight red for going through the back of Adebayor. A beautiful attack ended with Annan sliding in at the far post before Buonanotte added another in added tiem to make it 3-1.

So a slightly fortunate cup double, a semi-final run in the CL and a second consecutive runner-up spot in the league for season 2016/2017. Very very happy with that and not a bad way to call it a day.

I know I am being lazy but its been a horrid week and i cant be arsed :(.....

Can someone direct me to a link for the update or database that has all the 2011/12 season players for FM11.

Much appreciated :).

They are currently finishing 2012 off.

I came across an interview with Miles Jacobson which is quite interesting.

Do players ever complain about their stats?

Yes, we had two footballers in here last week and one of them was bitching and moaning about his stats and comparing them to another teammate. We’ve also been asked on many occasions by agents if we could change a player’s stats – there is absolutely no way we would do that. All of our stats are independent and that’s the way it stays.

See here.

I wouldn't recommend this one. The editor has attempted to make data changes... he's a Liverpool fan (I assume; LFCMarshall) and just look at the stats for Charlie Adam.. ! Ridiculously overrated.

Try Wally's Update - updated every Friday for the previous week's transfers.

I think LFCMarshall's updates are by far better than Wally's. He hasnt changed Adam that much but I do agree its slightly biased. Thing is, Liverpool still don't do well. I am amazed at hoe easy it is with Leicester using the update. Only had to sign Mayard and Jay Rodriguez (7.7 altogether) and Vladimir Weiss on loan and we destroyed the league. Sigbed Hargreaves in November and that was it. Meant i could concentrate on finding youngsters. Something Tord Grip is amazing at to say the least.

Archived