Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Doctor

Boro post match

Literally what have Leicester City done in some past lifetime to get so much shit?! I'm not being crazy here am I? Every fecking week I age about 3 years because of LCFC. Thank God i'm too poor to follow the team this year.

I listened to the match and at no time was I convinced we would win. The defence sounded awful from the start. Bruma and PVA had poor games. I was actually pleased when Vitor came on but alas going down to 10 was the end. Also, the changes especially the Kamara substitution sounded bad as he was still running and causing them problems. The laugh is we could still do it. At least Bruma won't be playing next game unless we appeal and then the number of games will go up that he misses. Shame Tunchev is not back.

I said earlier how both him and PVA are poor then got slagged off for it, but both were at fault for the goals today by all accounts.

Bruma hasnt impressed me at all, and he hasnt had a good game to merit his place, which at least Vitor has e.g. Scunthorpe away.

Yeah, maybe the above post isn't clear, I think Bruma is crap and Vitor can be good but has played in our worst defeats e.g. Ipswich & Pompey away

Just on the way back. A lot of people from just listening to the radio blaming and slating the ref... So they should! Personally I blame the ref too, he did cost us the game today, big time, he was terrible.

It sums It up when on the way out even the boro fans were telling us he was bad, and they felt for us. Very sound bunch who we talked to though.

We didn't actually play that bad, yakubu was ok... Just ok, and managed a hat trick. (Sitters) Kamara impressed, as did Vassel.

Respect the ref? Your having a laugh.

We should definitely have Hobbs back next year, this loan spell at Hull would have done him the world of good. Back to the drawing board for the back line in the summer, hopefully we'll keep hold of Naughton but him aside I wouldn't lose any sleep over any of the other loanees at the back.

Somebody proven at this level in the transfer window please Sven.

You actually think Hobbs will come back?

It's obvious he'll sign for Hull next season. He's not been the same player since mentor Pearson left.

We should definitely have Hobbs back next year, this loan spell at Hull would have done him the world of good. Back to the drawing board for the back line in the summer, hopefully we'll keep hold of Naughton but him aside I wouldn't lose any sleep over any of the other loanees at the back.

Somebody proven at this level in the transfer window please Sven.

I dont think he will come back. Sven clearly doesnt rate him as he isnt one of his players, so got rid of him as quickly as he could. Why will that change in him coming back? He'll just get another player in who isnt even as good as Hobbs (e.g. Bruma) yet play him instead.

You actually think Hobbs will come back?

It's obvious he'll sign for Hull next season. He's not been the same player since mentor Pearson left.

Depends really, it's not like his replacements here have looked too sharp. A good player doesn't turn bad overnight, he should still have a future here.

Sven's defensive coaching ability is a fooking embarrassment, an absolute embarrassment

It's not like he hasn't paid attention to the defence either signing 402 defenders in the course of half a season.

Getting in the playoffs was always a big ask, but we could have easily done it if Sven could have turned some of his massive 9 defeats into draws, along with today's gutting draw into a win.

A new coach, of the defensive variety should be the number 1 summer priority because no one on the payroll obviously have what it takes!

Unless someone with a clue joins us, we'll be destined to lose almost as many as we win forever more

Today feels like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (yet again) the only positive is every team seems to be playing like they don't want 6th, meaning the hope 7 agony goes on for one more week at least

Hobbs needs a leader telling him what to do alongside him, and from what i've seen Bamba isn't that. Hobbs played by far and away his best football with Brown alongside him, barking in his ear not letting him slack.

Also, neither Hobbs or Bamba can play LCB.

Ehehe, unintentional birthplace joke.

defence next year should be:

Naughton-Hobbs-Bamba-Mee

Watched the game and feel gutted and robbed. I don't think I have ever seen such a one sided refereeing performance to be honest.. However won't blame the ref cos that's too easy.. The problem is we can't defend a lead. Borough were there for the taking really. They are a poor side and we couldn't finish em. Glad to get away from the shithole that is middlesborough but I guess that's season over..

Depends really, it's not like his replacements here have looked too sharp. A good player doesn't turn bad overnight, he should still have a future here.

I agree, was always a massive Hobbs fan. Only last season we were talking him up as a Leicester captain for years to come.

I just don't think he has a future here if you read between the lines. Loaning him out to Hull is a odd decision if you want to keep a player. He loved Pearson so the last thing you want to do is reacquaint him with the manager he respects most. I reckon had we brought in a defender earlier, we would have sold him along with Fryatt at the same time.

Fucking pathetic.

Why can't we do things the easy way for once?

Our defence sounded like a calamity, should have been attacking, sounded like we were defending all game.

Well a draw keeps us just about in I suppose, albiet very slim, results 'went our way' again - except the most important one - our own, looks like another last chance might come next week, thing is in order for results to go our way we really must win that one as we are playing a team around us.

Pull your fucking fingers out City.

I think what has been glaringly obvious is our defence has been affected by the fact Bamba has been moved to LCB instead of on the right. As much as he says he's comfortable there you can instantly tell he isn't. Making a centre back, of everyone on the team, play on his weak foot, is going to affect our defensive stability.

In football it is always better to have a really good defence and poor attack than the other way around.

A lot of the time the worst result you can in that scenario is 0-0.

Its easier to fix a poorer attack than poorer defence as well. But it seems we havent even worked on our defence at all in recent weeks, which is always costing us lately, especially set pieces.

Reading play their game in hand in the week, at home to Preston.

I would expect them to win that, putting us 7pts behind, effectively 8pts, cos of our goal difference, thats a lot to make up, with only 7 games to go.

In football it is always better to have a really good defence and poor attack than the other way around.

A lot of the time the worst result you can in that scenario is 0-0.

Its easier to fix a poorer attack than poorer defence as well. But it seems we havent even worked on our defence at all in recent weeks, which is always costing us lately, especially set pieces.

Forgetting our relegation season already?

why would you possibly give a shit about coalville really?

Cause they're getting into the final of a competition. Just cause you're not interested doesn't mean that other people shouldn't be.

Forgetting our relegation season already?

We went down that season for many reasons, shit refereeing constantly, manager changes, Holloways bizarre formations with Hume on the wing, and yes a poor atttack.

But my point was its easier to work on having a better attack than working on the defence. Nothing changed throughout that season, we were consistently poor up front.

Archived