Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Reading Post Match

Time to get the loan players off the payroll, bring in the players who earned the right to be in the team after two solid seasons and possibly blood a couple of the youngsters that are so often spoken about but never get the oppurtunity. This team clearly isn't ready to go up and I would rather we take the focus away from having so-called 'big-name' players on stupid money turning in poor performances constantly for the sake of a half-arsed and frankly desperate attempt to maybe get into the play-offs.

I didn't notice any great improvement when he came on. Reading still attacked on the break.

Oakley had another good game imo.

Vitor was better than Bamba, he just more composed on the ball.

Agree on Oakley.

Gallagher did okay as well.

I don't agree with that.

I thought for large periods of the game we looked the better team, sure Reading could have had a few more goals but the reason for that was the 2 quick goals we gifted them as we went looking to get back into it, leaving gaps at the back. If it wasn't for are shocking finishing and poor final balls and delivery, maybe we could of come away with something. :dunno:

look at what you're saying!!! gaps at the back, shocking finishing and poor delivery IS football.... and quantifies a better team??

Just carrying this on from the closed match thread, RE Yakubu.

Do you actually go to any fvcking games or just read stats? Take out his flukey hattrick and he's scored something like 4 in 14.

And when he's not scoring, yeh he's doing fvck all. He puts no effort in whatsoever and that makes a massive difference, especially when we have other passnegers like King and Vassell.

We can't afford to have a muppet most of the time who scores a wonder goal now and again,. He's a waste of space to often

He's scored 7 goals and got 4 assists in 16 games. So he's involved in a goal in most games he plays.

I go to every home game and the odd awayer, thanks for asking though.

And I read most of that through tear filled eyes, laughed so hard at "flukey hattrick" i'm in tears. The guy scored 3 goals in one game but that's not good enough. Priceless.

Bet you loved Iain Hume didn't you, putting in all his effort and not scoring flukey hattricks.

1) Vitor or someone similar is key. He has composure, positional awareness, ability on the ball and keeps it simple both with and without possession.

2) Bruma looked alright next to Vitor.

3) PVA is an poor defender.

4) Naughton needs to mature and be coached on when to go forward.

5) Gally is our most important player at the moment

6) Kamara could be a great player for us next season if he signs up and gets players on the same wavelength as him.

7) Oakley is not as bad as most people thought.

I'm bored because whenever we lose, you resort to pearson bumming.

I resort to emphasising the managerial qualities of team-building, motivation and good team selection - whether this be Pearson or any other manager, and you DO love Sven, just be honest

Caller on RL right now has it spot on.

Quite right, give Sven a summer then a couple of months next season and see if he is still ****ing about with the team.

Yeah we've gotta give Sven then summer and the start of next season and not for one second am I saying get rid, but what I will say is Sven has many questions to answer from this season, and Sven isn't unsackable. Some of the blame has to pointed at Sven, we need him though.

1) Vitor or someone similar is key. He has composure, positional awareness, ability on the ball and keeps it simple both with and without possession.

2) Bruma looked alright next to Vitor.

3) PVA is an poor defender.

4) Naughton needs to mature and be coached on when to go forward.

5) Gally is our most important player at the moment

6) Kamara could be a great player for us next season if he signs up and gets players on the same wavelength as him.

7) Oakley is not as bad as most people thought.

Agree with all that, completely.

I resort to emphasising the managerial qualities of team-building, motivation and good team selection - whether this be Pearson or any other manager, and you DO love Sven, just be honest

No I don't, but I don't see the point on criticising everything he does. And you DO love Pearson, just be honest.

Bore off.

Just carrying this on from the closed match thread, RE Yakubu.

He's scored 7 goals and got 4 assists in 16 games. So he's involved in a goal in most games he plays.

I go to every home game and the odd awayer, thanks for asking though.

And I read most of that through tear filled eyes, laughed so hard at "flukey hattrick" i'm in tears. The guy scored 3 goals in one game but that's not good enough. Priceless.

Bet you loved Iain Hume didn't you, putting in all his effort and not scoring flukey hattricks.

Think he's also scored 1 in the last 10. Scored in 4 games out of 16 too.

Yeah we've gotta give Sven then summer and the start of next season and not for one second am I saying get rid, but what I will say is Sven has many questions to answer from this season, and Sven isn't unsackable. Some of the blame has to pointed at Sven, we need him though.

Totally right, he isnt unsackable, but he sort of has this arrogance which says he wont be.

I dont think we need him though at all. Why do we need him?

I wont be gutted if he did walk in the summer, but we need consistency.

we should all love and support sven? he's our manager ffs!!!

No I don't, but I don't see the point on criticising everything he does. And you DO love Pearson, just be honest.

The best manager we have had in some years IMO - shame he went, but he did so there you go.

Its the qualities I'd like to see back at City- strong, motivated, good eye for a player, disciplinarian.... the polar opposite of Sven

Totally right, he isnt unsackable, but he sort of has this arrogance which says he wont be.

I dont think we need him though at all. Why do we need him?

I wont be gutted if he did walk in the summer, but we need consistency.

I say we need him because he can attract a type of player, on the other hand do want to attract that type of player, as we have seen that type of player doesn't seem to make us any better, we had average championship players last season and did better than this season.

The best manager we have had in some years IMO - shame he went, but he did so there you go.

Its the qualities I'd like to see back at City- strong, motivated, good eye for a player, disciplinarian.... the polar opposite of Sven

good eye for a player???? looool yann the man ring any bells????

Archived