Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Reading Post Match

I think there are only 2 players who are fit to wear the City colours next season, they are Naughton and Vitor both of whom will in my opionion won't be here next season, (by there own choice.)

That obviously brings me on to the manager's position (We need a new one) End of !

Going for a curry. Bye.

Fuk off Spend

sge.png

Sven HAS to adopt a different theory next season. Currently it doesn't promote good form = good game time.

Lets take Bruma; perhaps somewhat inconvenient, but stats show we lose when he plays. I don't think Bruma and Bamba as a partnership works, classicly proven when Vitor came on, and we played better.

Sven is quality as a manager, you can't dispute that, but surely by now he'd have learnt his lesson about tinkering?

i hope sven is not here next season because he has no clue of championship football and as totally ****ed up in the last 5 weeks apart from scunny and burnley. playing te chelsea players ffs there shit

Time to get the loan players off the payroll, bring in the players who earned the right to be in the team after two solid seasons and possibly blood a couple of the youngsters that are so often spoken about but never get the oppurtunity. This team clearly isn't ready to go up and I would rather we take the focus away from having so-called 'big-name' players on stupid money turning in poor

performances constantly for the sake of a half-arsed and frankly desperate attempt to maybe get into the play-offs.

Well said.

We defended absolutely terribly. The worst defensive display I've ever seen from a City side. Reading could have had 10.

Then again, we could have had 5 or 6 ourselves. I thought Kamara linked well with the midfield, and Yakubu did his usual trick of being semi-threatening without breaking out of a jog.

Never really rated Shane Long before today but he made a fool of Bruma and Bamba; Jimmy Kebe made van Aanholt look like a competition winner.

Today we saw a Reading side, many of whom had been playing for years, playing a team of mercenaries.

This summer we have to buy some experienced Championship players to go with the youngsters.

lol this place.

What a fvcking embarrasment.

Totally agree. Compare this place to Forest's forum last night... They were philosophical and mostly literate after being put in pretty much the same position as we are (winner takes hope next Friday). Why do we seem to have a high proportion of ****** than many other clubs? Even Blackpool's forum is more positive than this and look where they are....

I can't begin to describe how poor we are defensively. PVA & Bruma can Fook off back to chelsea as far as I'm converned. I'd rather have young city players trying their hardest than over paid, over rated loanees. I'm sick to death of it, all Sven wants to do is play his loanees regardless. PVAs throw in from their 18 yard line straight to a Reading player that lead to the 3rd was comical pub team standard.

I've had enough.

Of course Sven will be God's superior if we win on Friday and if we do reach the play-offs, half of those slating him now will be queuing up to wrap their lips around his cock.

We've had a bit of a wobble of late, caused partly by Sven's tinkering with the defence, but look at the state of what he had to take over and where we are now compared to then and tell me we haven't improved massively. We've lost today to a team that had won EIGHT IN A ROW before today's game, they're flying. It's frustrating that we may miss out on the play-offs because of this wobble, but if I were offered 9th after that 6-1 defeat at Portsmouth when I was convinced we were in for a relegation battle I'd have snapped your fucking hand off.

Sven inherited a demoralised, unfit and losing team and has taken us to the brink of the play-offs. Just think what he can do with a pre-season and financial backing. This division is a new experience for him and I'm sure he will have learned a lot about the Championship since October.

I always say every manager deserves a pre-season to prove themselves and Sven is a case in point, give the man a pre-season and see where we are next year. I'd be stunned if our position hadn't improved dramatically.

Totally agree. Compare this place to Forest's forum last night... They were philosophical and mostly literate after being put in pretty much the same position as we are (winner takes hope next Friday). Why do we seem to have a high proportion of ****** than many other clubs? Even Blackpool's forum is more positive than this and look where they are....

Our ****** have had weeks to get it out of their system. If you go back about a week you'll find individual threads for almost each and every player describing, in detail, how shit they are and why none of them are fit to wear the shirt etc.....the same players that were the dogs doodads 3 months ago when we were good. :D

.....also, I don't think many Forest fans look forward to the play offs under any circumstance these days.

A draw would've been fair today. Two of their goals were on the break and they played on the break for most of the game. They scored with their first two shots and knock the stuffing out if us because we were well in top.

The big difference was though, they took their chances and we didn't.

Of course Sven will be God's superior if we win on Friday and if we do reach the play-offs, half of those slating him now will be queuing up to wrap their lips around his cock.

We've had a bit of a wobble of late, caused partly by Sven's tinkering with the defence, but look at the state of what he had to take over and where we are now compared to then and tell me we haven't improved massively. We've lost today to a team that had won EIGHT IN A ROW before today's game, they're flying. It's frustrating that we may miss out on the play-offs because of this wobble, but if I were offered 9th after that 6-1 defeat at Portsmouth when I was convinced we were in for a relegation battle I'd have snapped your ****ing hand off.

Sven inherited a demoralised, unfit and losing team and has taken us to the brink of the play-offs. Just think what he can do with a pre-season and financial backing. This division is a new experience for him and I'm sure he will have learned a lot about the Championship since October.

I always say every manager deserves a pre-season to prove themselves and Sven is a case in point, give the man a pre-season and see where we are next year. I'd be stunned if our position hadn't improved dramatically.

Not me his dick would be far to old and floppy......I like something I can get my teeth into ......beer.gif

A draw would've been fair today. Two of their goals were on the break and they played on the break for most of the game. They scored with their first two shots and knock the stuffing out if us because we were well in top.

The big difference was though, they took their chances and we didn't.

I completely agree. The goals were a gift to them from our defense. Very disappointing but we had almost all of the first half and were 2-0 down.

Today we had to go for it, and we did. Im proud to say we went for it and overall, we were unlucky.

If the league had started when Sven came, and we were able to play those 9 games under Sousa again, I doubt we would make the Po's.

We are realy poor a the moment, and teams know hot to play against us.

Someone posted the table since Sven came and we were 4 points off the top of the table. Tells it's own story really. But you keep thinking otherwise...

I agree with you. Bring back some old school manager, who go mental if we loose a game. A guy who really is a "disciplinarian". I can not understand why we signed Sven, what has he done as a manager? As far as I know he never won anything. Sack him!

Bring in Paul Ince. I heard that he was a real disiplinarian at Blackburn. If someone said something he did not like, they saw the next match from the stands. Sven would never do that.

Facts Sven:

- No idea about tactics.

- No disciplin

- Loan players, not good.

- He is from Sweden!

- Dont go mental if we loose

- Some players like him, that cant be good (if they like him they dont respect him

Paul Ince:

- English

- Go mental if we loose

- Is never gonna talk to a player again if they disagree with him

- He really know the league

Paul Ince?????????? behave

:blink::blink::blink:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11712_6878656,00.html

immy Kebe, Jobi McAnuff and Noel Hunt got the goals for Reading, leaving Leicester boss Sven-Goran Eriksson with just a late Andy King goal to show for the Foxes' efforts at the Madejski stadium.

He said: "I am not happy but those who have followed us know what has been our problem all season.

"We create chances more or less every game but don't score the right number of goals for the chances we create, but we concede goals too easily.

"We don't seem to want to be ugly but sometimes you have to be ugly. The two goals we conceded in the first half were too easy at this level.

"Mathematically the play-offs are still there and I am sure we are going to fight as we did today. At half-time it looked very bad but the players tried all 90 minutes which was good.

"I am positive, that's what I will say. We are playing better than our opponents more or less every game but the result of that is too little and sometimes you wonder does it matter that we play good football. We have the possession but don't score goals.

"Reading have a good chance to go up. The back line is very organised and experienced and difficult to break down.

"The big thing with Reading is when they go forward they are big and strong. If they get a chance to counter attack they are very good.

"We are like a motorway, just too open."

The premiership?

This is why we're so rubbish away from home.

Another one of those tremendous games that you'd rather than sooner forget about.

Nothing worked for us, no one worked for the other.

Outfoxed by a smart Reading side that always looked like playing at 50% capacity, only to break through when it mattered.

It usually mattered when our "entertaining" defense (step forward, Mr. Bruma) came up with the most horrendous errors in the back, granting the Berkshire side to take full advantage. Bamba and Bruma don't work together, they don't speak together and communication was what we were lacking in general today - that and a midfield general who could've made things happen whilst going forward.

The first goal looked like offside, the second only two minutes later like pure comedy gold - only for the home side to enjoy the fracas.

We only started playing agressive football after conceding the second goal. And this, as a lot of other football experts will instantly tell you, is way too late.

With a few exceptions, on foreign grounds we do our best to do our worst. Intelligence and understanding of the game are usually left either at the Walkers or inside the team coach.

Yakubu looked very lazy today, King was seen nowhere (thanks to another contract extension), Bamba wasn't as solid as usually and Wellens and Oakley were the experts in passing balls back and forth and sideways, with no positive outcome.

Van Aanholt was left on his own, having to cover for both left-back and left winger for large stretches of the game. You may criticize him for a poor display, but I'd rather blame the manager for coming up with this ****ed-up system in the first place.

Also, Weale had me always on the edge of my seat more often than I wanted - whenever one of these pretty backpasses approached our box, I thought of Pride Park last season.

There was another incident where he was faced with a relatively harmless and soft shot from distance in the second half, but failed to hold on to it.

Say what you want about Ricardo, but Weale oozes not one single inch of confidence these days.

Hardly anyone dared to literally give it a shot, too often the fans were left frustrated with endless passing orgies with no end product.

Shocking. But it had to be expected somehow.

It was more a letdown in the way the team let themselves and the fans down today.

Let the rebuilding begin this summer, expect another couple of odd starting elevens and forget about the playoffs.

We defended absolutely terribly. The worst defensive display I've ever seen from a City side. Reading could have had 10.

Bit like the last time there then when they mullered us and missed god knows how many chances.

This is why we're so rubbish away from home.

Another one of those tremendous games that you'd rather than sooner forget about.

Nothing worked for us, no one worked for the other.

Outfoxed by a smart Reading side that always looked like playing at 50% capacity, only to break through when it mattered.

It usually mattered when our "entertaining" defense (step forward, Mr. Bruma Bamba) came up with the most horrendous errors in the back, granting the Berkshire side to take full advantage.

The first goal looked like offside, the second only two minutes later like pure comedy gold - only for the home side to enjoy the fracas.

We only started playing agressive football after conceding the second goal.

Yakubu looked very lazy today, King was seen nowhere (thanks to another contract extension), Bamba wasn't as solid as usually and Wellens and Oakley were the experts in passing balls back and forth and sideways, with no positive outcome.

Also, Weale had me always on the edge of my seat more often than I wanted - whenever one of these pretty backpasses approached our box, I thought of Pride Park last season.

There was another incident where he was faced with a relatively harmless and soft shot from distance in the second half, but failed to hold on to it.

Say what you want about Ricardo, but Weale oozes not one single inch of confidence these days.

Hardly anyone dared to literally give it a shot, too often the fans were left frustrated with endless passing orgies with no end product.

Shocking. But it had to be expected somehow.

It was more a letdown in the way the team let themselves and the fans down today.

Let the rebuilding begin this summer, expect another couple of odd starting elevens and forget about the playoffs.

Archived