Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Waggy off to Derby?

i personally cant see it he is defo one for the future and i would personnaly be gutted if he left us . he is one of the only players who puts in 100% effort in every game with a bit of training and the right strike partners he can claim a first team place he is young and still learning and to sell to the sheep shaggers would be stupid

He is definitely one for the future, but saying that I think Sven will see Schlup as a more exciting prospect.

No doubt he would probably sell Waghorn to raise funds for a more experienced forward.

Guest Mee-9

I'd keep him.

I think Sven's saving him. But to be honest, it's really lazy journalism. We already knew Clough wants waghorn.

I dont think we should sell him, he is only young and a real prospect for the future. In saying that....if sven has no intention of playing him more then 5 mins a game he isnt going to gett better. Would rather let the lad have a pre-season with us though, we are loosing yak and kamara and we will loose the legs of Howard and Vassell. Waggy might start looking a bit more appealing to Sven.

I thoroughly expect the Pearson-player bummers to arrive on the scene and criticise Sven for the temerity to dispose of yet ANOTHER former Pearson player (yes, signed permernant while Sousa what here, don't be pedantic).

Has not been value for money, cash in while we can, move onto better players, because we have the financial ability to.

Oh yes the "lets sell all our players from the Pearson era, because they are not good enough for this league and we can do better" opinion, Please can you name me 11 players that realistically will come to us, that have;

1) Top 6 championship experience

2) Will play well as a team

Selling players, and loaning players on a yearly basis without building a realistic team, leads to inconsistency and a team that does not play well together. Exactly what we currently have, please tell me why a loanee from Chelsea, liverpool, man U, Man City blah blah blah who has very little experience in the ENGLISH league's is so much better than players that have experience in this league and know the teams inside out.

Under Pearson we finished 5th! that is 5TH! We spent very little money and built a team that works well together, it is therefore no coincidence that we have played better as a team this season when the majority of the 11 have been those exact players, rather than Sven's so called 'Big Name' Loan signings.

I am sorry but i do not buy your theory, of we can do better with these well known players that are supposedly better, a TEAM is exactly that, a TEAM! All these big names don't play as one of those, they are individuals who think they are better than this league, which of course is what has left us inconsistent and unreliable this season, especially in the final third.

It is no coincidence that our form dropped after the Jan window, where Sven started tampering, replacing players like Hobbs, Berner, Waggy, we have a brand new back four after Jan for a start! That's just silly!

Ah well, bring on the new set of 'Big Names' next season, and watch us under-perform yet again, and watch them all leave again when they do not get what they were promised. Consistency is the key in this league, we have non of it!

Oh yes the "lets sell all our players from the Pearson era, because they are not good enough for this league and we can do better" opinion, Please can you name me 11 players that realistically will come to us, that have;

Selling players, and loaning players on a yearly basis without building a realistic team, leads to inconsistency and a team that does not play well together. Exactly what we currently have, please tell me why a loanee from Chelsea, liverpool, man U, Man City blah blah blah who has very little experience in the ENGLISH league's is so much better than players that have experience in this league and know the teams inside out.

Under Pearson we finished 5th! that is 5TH! We spent very little money and built a team that works well together, it is therefore no coincidence that we have played better as a team this season when the majority of the 11 have been those exact players, rather than Sven's so called 'Big Name' Loan signings.

I am sorry but i do not buy your theory, of we can do better with these well known players that are supposedly better, a TEAM is exactly that, a TEAM! All these big names don't play as one of those, they are individuals who think they are better than this league, which of course is what has left us inconsistent and unreliable this season, especially in the final third.

It is no coincidence that our form dropped after the Jan window, where Sven started tampering, replacing players like Hobbs, Berner, Waggy, we have a brand new back four after Jan for a start! That's just silly!

Ah well, bring on the new set of 'Big Names' next season, and watch us under-perform yet again, and watch them all leave again when they do not get what they were promised. Consistency is the key in this league, we have non of it!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hobbs didn't want to play for us, so rightly Sven fooked him off. Bruno has looked a yard off the pace all season and Waggy hasn't looked like half the player he was last season!

We brought in PVA, Mee and Bruma in January to replace Cunningham, Hobbs and Morrison. Needed to be done!

How many times do we need to have the same topics about loanees on here! We didnt have any other choice!

The thing is your reaction to my comment is that, but my reaction to all the people who feel that the whole team needs to be replaced and we need to start all over again next season, is exactly the same.

I am not stating that Pearsons team was irreplaceable but more stating that it needed 1 or 2 quality additions to make a winning side, not an overhaul.

So i guess as we are on the emoticons front

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: to your :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

lol

Do you really think Sven is only interested in loans? everyone knows the prices in January are way over the top so he got some players in to strengthen whilst not getting ripped off, in the summer Sven will be able to move out some players and BUY they players he wants to come in, he has stated on many occasion he wants attacking pacey full backs, something which Berner himself admits he cannot provide, hence the need to bring in Cunningham, then PVA on the left and Naughton on the right. Hobbs had been poor all season and our dodgy patch didn't start until march, that's MARCH, long after Hobbs was allowed out on loan and Berner had been replaced again.

As for Waghorn yes he played well for a couple of months, Leeds away I seem to remember him playing very well but he isn't suited to the lone striker role long term and Sven has stated he doesn't think we have the squad for a 4-4-2 meaning he would be played wide, something which saw him struggle more often then not.

I think we'd all agree that Bruma has been a disappointment, PVA has been hit & miss, Yak splits opinion and we want to see more from Kamara, however Cunningham and Naughton have been great for us and Mee after a shakey start has been solid to say the least, Davies came in and helped us out a lot too. The problem most people seem to have is that he doesn't see Weale as the golden child most fans seem to, such as him being given a standing ovation after HT against Palace when it was his **** up that cost us, even Bamba turned around and had a go at him after the goal yet had it been Ricardo or Logan they would of been jeered the whole game.

People accuse managers of having favourites all the time never realising the hypocrisy of their criticism, Weale, Waghorn and to some extent Berner seem to be immune from criticism in the eyes of a lot of people and when they are replaced by someone who suits the system we are playing better or who is just plain better the fans (and most on here) jump on any excuse to slate them.

Back on topic, I think Waggy could come good for us but like Leicester Lass said if they offer us that much we'd be stupid to turn it down as he is still pretty much an average player.

The thing is your reaction to my comment is that, but my reaction to all the people who feel that the whole team needs to be replaced and we need to start all over again next season, is exactly the same.

I am not stating that Pearsons team was irreplaceable but more stating that it needed 1 or 2 quality additions to make a winning side, not an overhaul.

So i guess as we are on the emoticons front

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: to your :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

lol

It did need a massive overhaul though.

Weale - Not good enough

Neilson - Not good enough

Hobbs - Wanted to leave

Morro - Not good enough

Berner - Yard off the pace

Oakley - Not good enough

Wellens - Decent

King - Decent

Gally - Decent

Dyer - Not good enough

Waggy - Shit this year

Howard - Not good enough

Fryatt - Didnt want to play.

Pearson's side was built to be effective but wasn't blessed with masses of quality.

Sven wanted to change this and the only way he could do this was by bringing in loanees from the Prem

Next season I'll pretty much guarantee it won't be the same they'll still be loans but we'll have alot more perm signings!

I have mixed feelings about Waggy. After the season under Pearson, and that missed penalty, i was so totally gutted for him, and wanted him to come back and set the league on fire. Sousa played him in the wrong position = lack of goals shot his confidence. To my knowledge Chrissy P played him where we wants to be played in the game he was in charge, and he scored, in front of Sven.

As much as i love the kid, 1.2mil is a fair price, however i'd love to see him succeed at City.

Where, oh where oh where did I state that we should sell all the players from the Pearson era? Oh wait, I didn't, so that's a false representation of my opinion for a start, oh great one.

I just find it laughable that some people get very protective over players signed by Pearson. HOW DARE YOU SELL FRYATT... HOW DARE YOU LOAN OUT HOBBS... HOW DARE YOU DROP WEALE.

I'm sorry, but as very well pointed out by Simmo, certain players didn't want to play, or are now no longer good enough. Are people seriously saying Hobbs should get a look in over the likes of Vitor and Mee, two vastly, VASTLY superior centre-backs?

Should the likes of Yakubu and Kamara sit on the bench while we persisted with Fryatt, a player who didn't want to play, who had little pace and had reached his level. No.

Bruno Berner, as nice a guy as he is, cannot offer what PVA can, or the likes of a good pacey LB who can bomb down and up for 90 minutes.

There are good players here from the Pearson era who should be, and are being kept. Wellens, King, Gallagher, all better players. But what are we to do? Persist with the same set of players that got us into the play-offs last season. Let go for god sake.

We have money, we have the manager, and in the summer that manager will spend said money on better, permernant players. I bet Waghorn earns a fair whack at this club. Selling someone who hasn't been good enough this season would be good all round.

Some people seem to be desperate to cast a Pearson shadow over this club for as long as possible, in an MON-esque way. I'm not saying get rid of all the players, I'm really not. But when you compare some of the players at the club from the NP era to the players we have signed since Sven came in, i'm sorry, but the vast majority are far better, whether they're on loan or not.

Where, oh where oh where did I state that we should sell all the players from the Pearson era? Oh wait, I didn't, so that's a false representation of my opinion for a start, oh great one.

I just find it laughable that some people get very protective over players signed by Pearson. HOW DARE YOU SELL FRYATT... HOW DARE YOU LOAN OUT HOBBS... HOW DARE YOU DROP WEALE.

I'm sorry, but as very well pointed out by Simmo, certain players didn't want to play, or are now no longer good enough. Are people seriously saying Hobbs should get a look in over the likes of Vitor and Mee, two vastly, VASTLY superior centre-backs?

Should the likes of Yakubu and Kamara sit on the bench while we persisted with Fryatt, a player who didn't want to play, who had little pace and had reached his level. No.

Bruno Berner, as nice a guy as he is, cannot offer what PVA can, or the likes of a good pacey LB who can bomb down and up for 90 minutes.

There are good players here from the Pearson era who should be, and are being kept. Wellens, King, Gallagher, all better players. But what are we to do? Persist with the same set of players that got us into the play-offs last season. Let go for god sake.

We have money, we have the manager, and in the summer that manager will spend said money on better, permernant players. I bet Waghorn earns a fair whack at this club. Selling someone who hasn't been good enough this season would be good all round.

Some people seem to be desperate to cast a Pearson shadow over this club for as long as possible, in an MON-esque way. I'm not saying get rid of all the players, I'm really not. But when you compare some of the players at the club from the NP era to the players we have signed since Sven came in, i'm sorry, but the vast majority are far better, whether they're on loan or not.

I am sorry but your protective comments over the new players are as bad as the people who are/were sticking up for those who have left! The table does not lie, and you can harp on at me as much as you like stating that bamba, mee, vitor, et all are better players but for god sake we have one of the leakiest defences in the league!

The only signing that Sven has made that has been consistent is Naughton(even he gets caught forward too often), and Kamara has done well, but his arrival was unfortunately too late. Yakubu's scoring record is gash! Vassell the same! Waghorn has scored more than Darius in less than half the performances yet he is not good enough. Explain why? because as far as I can see Waggie has made a difference in every cameo appearance that he has made for us this season.

Hobbs made a few mistakes but its no coincidence that many of our rare clean sheets this season have come when he has been playing at the back. (Think back to our good run, when he was still here and playing) The boy won two awards last season, and was recognised as a talent by many managers in our league, that doesn't disappear over night.

Berner looked off the pace? Well maybe that's because he has not had a chance to play, too old? that's ridiculous for god sake, players can play till there late 30's.

Dyer - Played some blinders in our good run of form! Now? Disappeared off the face of the earth, he has also scored more than Darius this season.

I am outraged that average performances have been put in by these so called better players that you speak of, yet they get chosen time after time over those who showed us last term and even the first bit of the Sven era what they could do. I am even more frustrated that people seem to still think these players are the bee's knee's and are so much better than what we had.

bah humbug! I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

On a side note, i would love to be proved wrong next season. Come on you foxes :scarf:

In Sven we trust :sick: :sge:

Hull fan here, a few things. Waghorn's name has come up in the odd romour mill along with us to buying Hobbs, I was actually at the game on Saturday against Donny, have to say Hobbs was brilliant and has played a vital part in us defending leads when we has come on as a sub or has started, Matty was a different class. He could have scored 4or5 on another day but the Donny keeper made some very good saves. He really is a hard working striker. Thankgod Leicester sold him. Also Moussa was very impressve, to watch him run his arse off and then watch the footy league show I can safely say Leicester could have done with him. We had family up from stoneygate. Obviously them being Leicester fans who have previously met Hobbs at your matches they wanted to wait after to see him. I have to say he was very polite and was signing and having photo's taken for some time. Anyway, my cousin had a number of questions for him. Regarding the 'Hobbs didn't want to play for us' comment I think you should ask the lad himself as he had no idea he was going on loan until the Celtic situation came about. He didn't want to leave but he did say he is young and clearly wants to play. He didn't say much other than he will have to wait and see what Leicester want him to do in the summer but I don't think he had a choice. He's also played in his correct position - I hear he played out of place all season upto his first start with us. What would you do, sit on someones bench or go out and earn your money? Personally I like his attitude and after reading Chris Powells interview when Hobbs joined it's refreshing to hear how much a young player puts in and he said he's never come across such a young professional in all his years and he was delighted Hobbs was back working with Pearson, it's players like that under a very good manager that has got our team where they are. I didn't think Pearson was the right man at first but he's building and we are happy to have him. Back to the topic, sorry I got on one then. Do you think Waggy would work well along side Fryatt? I understant he's from Newcastle so this would be closer to home and what price do you think he is honestly worth cos my cousins havent rated him at all. We do need another goal scorer and I'm pretty sure that will be top of Pearson's shopping list if we mange to tie down Gerrard and Hobbs. He didn't seem to know what was going on even though he just bought a house there so can you see him returning because 'Bombscare Bamba and Bruma' as they are know to by my family don't look too good at the moment. I had you on for going up but now I'm not so sure. Has any other clubs been linked with Waggy other than Derby? Also I've been impressed with NP's loan signings, have you been happy with yours?

Hull fan here, a few things. Waghorn's name has come up in the odd romour mill along with us to buying Hobbs, I was actually at the game on Saturday against Donny, have to say Hobbs was brilliant and has played a vital part in us defending leads when we has come on as a sub or has started, Matty was a different class. He could have scored 4or5 on another day but the Donny keeper made some very good saves. He really is a hard working striker. Thankgod Leicester sold him. Also Moussa was very impressve, to watch him run his arse off and then watch the footy league show I can safely say Leicester could have done with him. We had family up from stoneygate. Obviously them being Leicester fans who have previously met Hobbs at your matches they wanted to wait after to see him. I have to say he was very polite and was signing and having photo's taken for some time. Anyway, my cousin had a number of questions for him. Regarding the 'Hobbs didn't want to play for us' comment I think you should ask the lad himself as he had no idea he was going on loan until the Celtic situation came about. He didn't want to leave but he did say he is young and clearly wants to play. He didn't say much other than he will have to wait and see what Leicester want him to do in the summer but I don't think he had a choice. He's also played in his correct position - I hear he played out of place all season upto his first start with us. What would you do, sit on someones bench or go out and earn your money? Personally I like his attitude and after reading Chris Powells interview when Hobbs joined it's refreshing to hear how much a young player puts in and he said he's never come across such a young professional in all his years and he was delighted Hobbs was back working with Pearson, it's players like that under a very good manager that has got our team where they are. I didn't think Pearson was the right man at first but he's building and we are happy to have him. Back to the topic, sorry I got on one then. Do you think Waggy would work well along side Fryatt? I understant he's from Newcastle so this would be closer to home and what price do you think he is honestly worth cos my cousins havent rated him at all. We do need another goal scorer and I'm pretty sure that will be top of Pearson's shopping list if we mange to tie down Gerrard and Hobbs. He didn't seem to know what was going on even though he just bought a house there so can you see him returning because 'Bombscare Bamba and Bruma' as they are know to by my family don't look too good at the moment. I had you on for going up but now I'm not so sure. Has any other clubs been linked with Waggy other than Derby? Also I've been impressed with NP's loan signings, have you been happy with yours?

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh: I loved Fryatt to bits but that really just sums him up!

Yes obviously not half of 2million. But what are the terms for the fee rising to £3million, and does he have a sell-on clause on him?

I imagine, promotion, appearances and/or goals scored. None of which are likely to have been met. Would think the sell on clause would take profit into account, anyhow im just being speculative.

Can't believe people are happy to just get rid. We need a few grafters in the team and he's shown glimpses of real quality with us. Not his fault this season hasn't worked out for him. Only so much you can do on the bench/treatment table.

Agreed. The kid has potential, at least give him next season to prove he can benefit us. He's already shown he can score goals and is still young and improving. There are much worse players in our squad. He's at the very least a good squad player.

I'd rather sell Vassell - more chances, less goals.

Hobbs didn't want to play for us, so rightly Sven fooked him off. Bruno has looked a yard off the pace all season and Waggy hasn't looked like half the player he was last season!

We brought in PVA, Mee and Bruma in January to replace Cunningham, Hobbs and Morrison. Needed to be done!

How many times do we need to have the same topics about loanees on here! We didnt have any other choice!

The players in bold are shit.

Ok, Cunningham wasn't shit but he wasn't good enough. Maybe he will be in a few years, but not now.

Archived