Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Waggy off to Derby?

Derby are willing to give us an extra 300K on top of the £1.2million

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Derby-ready-to-make-1-5m-move-for-Leicester-striker-Martyn-Waghorn-article731717.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Derby boss Nigel Clough is ready to make a major £1.5m splash to sign striker Martyn Waghorn from neighbours Leicester.

Clough will be given cash for a key capture and he wants Waghorn, who is out of Sven Goran Eriksson’s long-term plans as he brings in bigger names.

Waghorn joined the Foxes from Sunderland at the start of last season and former boss Nigel Pearson also wants him at Hull.

However Clough’s Rams hope to win the race for Waghorn who will be interested in a move away from the Walkers Stadium as his first-team chances are limited.

If he goes to Derby, he will become a key player and probably be there for a few years. Their fans will love him.

Then we will have to listen to our fans rant and rave about how we should have kept him because *insert newly signed strikers name*15 goals before Christmas aren't good enough because they are lazy/fat/too fast/don't pass enough/always score scrappy goals/don't smack it in with passion like Waggy did!

If he goes to Derby, he will become a key player and probably be there for a few years. Their fans will love him.

Then we will have to listen to our fans rant and rave about how we should have kept him because *insert newly signed strikers name*15 goals before Christmas aren't good enough because they are lazy/fat/too fast/don't pass enough/always score scrappy goals/don't smack it in with passion like Waggy did!

Leicester fans would never moan about anything like that, surely? :whistle:

Waghorn is loved because of his selfless endeavour not his quality I agree with both sides loan him out to a struggling championship side then see how he does if he's crap then let him go if not bring him back I personally would move heaven and earth to sign yakubu perm as hes the best natural finisher we have had since David speedie

what is it with the talk of the person era. hes not our manager now, sven is, every manager is going to have different tactics and playefs styles etc.

personally waggy could grow into a good player he has years ahead of him, i think he should go out on season long loan with 1st priority in that team, he just needs time and patience lol

wasnt derby reported to be after micheal owen? whhy spend millions on a prospect forward when they could get an experienced international for free lol

Waghorn is loved because of his selfless endeavour not his quality I agree with both sides loan him out to a struggling championship side then see how he does if he's crap then let him go if not bring him back I personally would move heaven and earth to sign yakubu perm as hes the best natural finisher we have had since David speedie

As much as I loved Speedie, surely Claridge, Cottee, Marshall, and Collymore would easily rank alongside him in terms of natural finishing ability?

Id like to keep him, still young and possibly a player for the future. He has shown some real good moments...Loan him out have them pay his wages so when we hit premier league hes closer to being a reasonable back up. At the moment we dont appear to NEED the cash for him.

As much as I loved Speedie, surely Claridge, Cottee, Marshall, and Collymore would easily rank alongside him in terms of natural finishing ability?

I used speedie as he to divided opinion of the fans

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Derby-are-preparing-a-1-2m-raid-on-neighbours-rivals-Leicester-for-striker-Martyn-Waghorn-article725962.html

Nigel Clough is preparing a £1.2million raid on East Midlands rivals Leicester for striker Martyn Waghorn.

Derby boss Clough will have transfer cash this summer and is to invest in firepower with Waghorn a top target.

Waghorn, 21, has struggled to hold down a place under Sven Goran Eriksson and now has a hamstring injury.

But Clough will bid for the former Sunderland star after being promised funds by Derby’s American owners.

He said: “If we can bring the players in we would like we will try and assemble a squad to finish in the top six.”

Guest DavidJCW

I really hope we don't get rid of him. Sure he's not played this season and hasn't been on top form when he has played, but how do you expect a player to play with confidence and match sharpness when he's getting only the odd few minutes every month!

Waggy is a quality player and he proved that under Pearson when he was here. We need to keep hold of him and actually give him a chance!!!

Archived