Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Waggy off to Derby?

Where, oh where oh where did I state that we should sell all the players from the Pearson era? Oh wait, I didn't, so that's a false representation of my opinion for a start, oh great one.

I just find it laughable that some people get very protective over players signed by Pearson. HOW DARE YOU SELL FRYATT... HOW DARE YOU LOAN OUT HOBBS... HOW DARE YOU DROP WEALE.

I'm sorry, but as very well pointed out by Simmo, certain players didn't want to play, or are now no longer good enough. Are people seriously saying Hobbs should get a look in over the likes of Vitor and Mee, two vastly, VASTLY superior centre-backs?

Should the likes of Yakubu and Kamara sit on the bench while we persisted with Fryatt, a player who didn't want to play, who had little pace and had reached his level. No.

Bruno Berner, as nice a guy as he is, cannot offer what PVA can, or the likes of a good pacey LB who can bomb down and up for 90 minutes.

There are good players here from the Pearson era who should be, and are being kept. Wellens, King, Gallagher, all better players. But what are we to do? Persist with the same set of players that got us into the play-offs last season. Let go for god sake.

We have money, we have the manager, and in the summer that manager will spend said money on better, permernant players. I bet Waghorn earns a fair whack at this club. Selling someone who hasn't been good enough this season would be good all round.

Some people seem to be desperate to cast a Pearson shadow over this club for as long as possible, in an MON-esque way. I'm not saying get rid of all the players, I'm really not. But when you compare some of the players at the club from the NP era to the players we have signed since Sven came in, i'm sorry, but the vast majority are far better, whether they're on loan or not.

Firstly, Vitor and Mee might be superior - but Davies and Bruma certainly aren't.

Secondly, I'm sorry but how you can claim PVA offers more than Berner I don't know. Ridiculous argument.

If you want to throw an argument at me that explains why you want rid of Waghorn - a young, improving player with obvious potential, over Vassell - an ageing player who's had a lot more chances than the former with less return in goals and pretty much everything, then I'd like to hear it.

You are the one who made an issue of it being about Pearson players and the 'Pearson-bummers', not anyone else. The truth is it's not about about Pearson's players, or Sven's players, or Chelsea's players, it's about good players. Stop making out there are any other motives for people other than wanting good players at our Club.

Que the "Martyn Waghorn is a blue is a blue...." :ph34r:

well i dont blame if he goes, we love him but i think Sven has other plans with him <_<

Can't believe I'm reading this... Only last season everybody was raving about him re his pace and ability to hold the ball up... Now that our saviour Sven has arrived and don't fancy him, everybody wants to see the back of him? Tell you what... How bout keeping him and developing him into the player we all thought he could be? Just an idea?

No, he's shit

He already has a full cap for Holland and played games for Chelsea, so he probably already has been part of bigger things than Leicester Cty and he will be a good player, at a much higher standard than the Championship.

He already has a full cap for Holland and played games for Chelsea, so he probably already has been part of bigger things than Leicester Cty and he will be a good player, at a much higher standard than the Championship.

yet for us....

He's been made a scapegoat and has had some good performances for us. We can't defend as a unit, that's not his fault.

I agree he's been made a scapegoat but apart from QPR he's been pretty poor. He's not been the only one but he's hardly impressed, and he's definitely not looked better than Hobbs.

Can't believe I'm reading this... Only last season everybody was raving about him re his pace and ability to hold the ball up... Now that our saviour Sven has arrived and don't fancy him, everybody wants to see the back of him? Tell you what... How bout keeping him and developing him into the player we all thought he could be? Just an idea?

I haven't read the thread but i'd be surprised if 'everybody wants to see the back of him'.

I definitely want him to stay, he has bags of potential, just needs more game time.

Dont want him to go hes loads better than vassell.

He isn't better now. In a few years maybe if he develops. As Waggy, Vassell has been played out of position. And I still don't know why people refere to Vassell as a goalscorer. He sets up situation leading to goals.

I'd be disappointed if he went, particularly derby because he has potential.

It might not have been Waggy's best season this time round but he can score goals in this division and is just as capable as Vassell.

He isn't better now. In a few years maybe if he develops. As Waggy, Vassell has been played out of position. And I still don't know why people refere to Vassell as a goalscorer. He sets up situation leading to goals.

Yes he is.

Vassell is being played out of position yes, but it doesn't make him any less useless out there. He is mostly anonymous and rarely contributes.

How do you explain Waghorn scoring more goals in a lot less time on the pitch, if he's not better than him?

Hes was better last season than Vassells been this season its only because hes been out of favour hes not done better this time around.

So it's probably because it's different managers with different ideas....

Some players adopted to Svens ideas some don't. Waggy didn't do the things sven wanted a striker to do earlier. Waggy played a lot of games from the start in october-november so Sven had a lot of oppurtunities to see what de does.

Martyn "headless chicken" Waghorn is one of the most overrated players at the club. He can't control, he can't shoot, he isn't a intelligent footballer, all he does is run around a lot and show passion. Loan him out next season and if he's no better than what he has been this season then get rid I say.

In Sven we trust :sick: :sge:

Well given the financial card he was handed, he had to bring his own players in on loan. Are they technicaly better, probably. Are they more committed probably not, given they are loanees. Which is how i would explain what you see as a less than pleasing performance.

Yes he is.

Vassell is being played out of position yes, but it doesn't make him any less useless out there. He is mostly anonymous and rarely contributes.

How do you explain Waghorn scoring more goals in a lot less time on the pitch, if he's not better than him?

As I said earlier, Vassell isn't a goalscorer and Sven don't use him as a goalscorer. Vassell is there to create space for the other strikers, midfield or defence to turn up and get easier goals.

Can everybody please stop comparing Vassell with what they call goalscorers. :frusty:

Martyn "headless chicken" Waghorn is one of the most overrated players at the club. He can't control, he can't shoot, he isn't a intelligent footballer, all he does is run around a lot and show passion. Loan him out next season and if he's no better than what he has been this season then get rid I say.

Sorry but this complete bollocks.

He already is better than what we've seen this season in limited appearances. See last season. :facepalm:

He can't control and can't shoot? Stupid, over the top comments are not necessary

As I said earlier, Vassell isn't a goalscorer and Sven don't use him as a goalscorer. Vassell is there to create space for the other strikers, midfield or defence to turn up and get easier goals.

Can everybody please stop comparing Vassell with what they call goalscorers. :frusty:

Which he doesn't do.

If his job was to stand on the wing and become invisible, then go on one mazy run a match with no end product, then he'd be a master of his trade.

Sorry but this complete bollocks.

He already is better than what we've seen this season in limited appearances. See last season. :facepalm:

He can't control and can't shoot? Stupid, over the top comments are not necessary

He can't control or shoot though, his shooting is wild and his first touch is appalling, and this season he's been gash and he's been pretty useless when he's been squandering some easy chances (not saying other players haven't done this before you jump on my back). And no, he isn't better than what we have, you're just being fooled because he runs around like a headless chicken.

I know you're frothing in the mouth to get in yet another argument on foxestalk, but it's just going to end up going round in circles so I'm not bothering to engage in a discussion about how you love Waghorn and how I find him overrated.

He can't control or shoot though, his shooting is wild and his first touch is appalling, and this season he's been gash and he's been pretty useless when he's been squandering some easy chances (not saying other players haven't done this before you jump on my back). And no, he isn't better than what we have, you're just being fooled because he runs around like a headless chicken.

You're just being fooled by your dislike of him because everyone else likes him.

His shooting CAN be wild, but to say he can't shoot, when he scored 12 goals for us last season including some crackers, is a massive overreaction.

His first touch is appalling when he's short on confidence. He's been given limited chances this season and being a young lad will have fragile confidence. When he's full of confidence, his first touch is excellent.

He's not been gash or useless, he's not had a good season. Another major overreaction.

Look at his 5 minutes against Bristol. Single handedly won us 2 points. If you can get that out of him every week he'd be a great player.

I'd really love to know what you think of Vassell in comparison.

Try giving young players a chance, I fear for Schlupp if this is how our fans are. God knows how King has made it here, he wasn't half the player he is now at one point.

Archived