Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6997710,00.html

An unnamed club has lodged a bid for the 24-year-old, who is rated as one of the best front men in the division and has been linked with Leicester City.
But the club have no intention of cashing in on Maynard and have already offered him a new deal in a bid to secure his services beyond the end of the coming season.
"We're not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not sell to another Championship club," chairman Colin Sexstone told the club's official website.

Do you think we will rebid? I don't think we will push over £3 mill.

we need to go closer to the 4 million mark if we were to sign him i think. they clearly are not in the business to sell him, so unless we offer a bid which will be made their while (which may include waggy) they will not sell him to us :(

Do you think we will rebid? I don't think we will push over £3 mill.

it`s been widely quoted that leic are ready with another bid for him, I don`t think they can afford to mess around now, because no reason another club wouldn`t be intrested in him!

I think we should bid about £3.5m and offer them Waghorn on loan, with an instant recall option. If Maynard gets injured, we can call Waghorn back, but it Maynard lasts the season it triggers a clause allowing Bristol City to sign him.

No chairman in his right mind with any negotiations skills would ever come out and say 'Yes we want to sell our best player'.

He is merely talking his price up.

I think £3.5m would do the trick especially if Maynard starts making noises that he wants to leave....

I think we should bid about £3.5m and offer them Waghorn on loan, with an instant recall option. If Maynard gets injured, we can call Waghorn back, but it Maynard lasts the season it triggers a clause allowing Bristol City to sign him.

speaking of clause`s im pretty sure Maynard must have a release clause written in his contract? most players do these day`s! only time will tell i guess, can only see us offering waghorn in cash plus player deal permnament basis not a loan.

it`s been widely quoted that leic are ready with another bid for him, I don`t think they can afford to mess around now, because no reason another club wouldn`t be intrested in him!

As long as we don't get carried away and offer something stupid like £6 mill, and I agree with you, our move will definitely trigger a bigger club to come in. The only we can hope for is that Maynard will ask to speak to us if we offer a new bid

speaking of clause`s im pretty sure Maynard must have a release clause written in his contract? most players do these day`s! only time will tell i guess, can only see us offering waghorn in cash plus player deal permnament basis not a loan.

more than likely, and surely any player in the championship of a "lower" team would want to come to one of the pre-season favorites?

Archived