Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

All this talk about not to talking to other championship clubs is a smokescreen,Bristol City are playing a blinder they are well aware he is out of contract next season,and it would become to no surprise they are trying to sell him now to cash in..hence the paper talk to inflate his price..

If they do hold on to him and he does his knee in again then they can kiss goodbye to £3-4million,money they need big time.

Also what about the player himself he would of heard the speculation and he might be interested in what Leicester and other clubs have to say,if refused Bristol City might get a unhappy player on there books that's the last thing they need.

Yakubu is going to keep wasting time and end up going to a club that can offer him more money, I reckon we should put all our efforts into making sure we get Maynard before West Ham (Or any other club for that matter) decide they want another of our transfer targets :P

All this talk about not to talking to other championship clubs is a smokescreen,Bristol City are playing a blinder they are well aware he is out of contract next season,and it would become to no surprise they are trying to sell him now to cash in..hence the paper talk to inflate his price..

If they do hold on to him and he does his knee in again then they can kiss goodbye to £3-4million,money they need big time.

Also what about the player himself he would of heard the speculation and he might be interested in what Leicester and other clubs have to say,if refused Bristol City might get a unhappy player on there books that's the last thing they need.

as bristol city fans say he's to good for leicester!!

As already said, if Maynard has intimated he wants a move then Bristol City will have little choice but to let him have one.

Get £3 million for him now or have an unhappy player not pulling his weight cos he wants to leave for a year, only to lose him on a free this time next year? It's a no brainer. Maynard has talent and if he fancies a crack at promotion to the Premiership, he may very well have to leave them for a club more likely to realise his ambition.

Step in Sven.

I have to agree with Bilo, with all due respect to Bristol we're going to be challenging harder for promotion than them, it makes sense, if I were Nicky, i'd want to move to a club with a shot of promotion and chance to help that club, work hard to get recognition. Rather than just playing for the pay packet.

We can give Nicky a bigger weekly pay than Bristol can (not that i'm saying it should be lucrative) and the service he receives will be much better than he'll get at Bristol. It'd be an easy decision to me.

But i'm not Nicky after all.

I have to agree with Bilo, with all due respect to Bristol we're going to be challenging harder for promotion than them, it makes sense, if I were Nicky, i'd want to move to a club with a shot of promotion and chance to help that club, work hard to get recognition. Rather than just playing for the pay packet.

We can give Nicky a bigger weekly pay than Bristol can (not that i'm saying it should be lucrative) and the service he receives will be much better than he'll get at Bristol. It'd be an easy decision to me.

But i'm not Nicky after all.

But you are a supporter of the club that's after him.... You're bound to think if these things.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2378923,00.html

City can confirm they have rejected an offer for Nicky Maynard from a rival npower Championship club.

Chairman Colin Sexstone told bcfc.co.uk: "We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not sell to another Championship club.

"Nicky is an important part of of manager Keith Millen's plans and we do not need to sell him, nor do we wish to."

He added: "Nicky has a year to run on his contract. We have already offered him a new contract and remain confident he will sign."

City can confirm they have rejected an offer for Nicky Maynard from a rival npower Championship club.

Chairman Colin Sexstone told bcfc.co.uk: "We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not sell to another Championship club.

"Nicky is an important part of of manager Keith Millen's plans and we do not need to sell him, nor do we wish to."

He added: "Nicky has a year to run on his contract. We have already offered him a new contract and remain confident he will sign."

Now that we've probed with a cheeky bid we need to go back and offer proper money that they can't refuse.

Not speculative at all... :giggle:

The chairman is going to look like a bit of a plum when he does sign.

All this rival, sideways step bollocks coming from there end aswell, do they not realise we're MASSIVE! :whistle:

Archived