Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

well bristol city are holding out for 5 million which it has been said we are not willing to pay in one hit given his injury last season, So they have obviously got to come to an agreement over a fee and im guessing that we will have to give maynard top wages too!

Let's hope the initial bid has turned Maynard's head.

If Brizzle really think they're going to be able to hold out for £5m in one hit for a want-away player with a year on his contract, they could be in for a nasty shock......

I can see them getting closer to £5million if they accepted some add-ons if we got promoted etc, but to think they expect that in 1 lump sum is stupid.

Fingers crossed its got Maynard's apparently itchy feet moving a little bit. If he says to the club he's interested in a move here there's no way they'll force him to stay. Do that and they risk having an unhappy player for a season, who doesn't renew his contract, and then goes for a free in a year.

/our bid for him could well have signalled the end of the Yakubu talks though.

(providing it is us, of course)

i think we will go to 4 million in total with add on`s! but only time will tell, no doubt been a bit cheeky with first bid no where near his value! then can slowly increase it, but only problem now is will anyone else be alerted by our intrest??

I can see them getting closer to £5million if they accepted some add-ons if we got promoted etc, but to think they expect that in 1 lump sum is stupid.

Fingers crossed its got Maynard's apparently itchy feet moving a little bit. If he says to the club he's interested in a move here there's no way they'll force him to stay. Do that and they risk having an unhappy player for a season, who doesn't renew his contract, and then goes for a free in a year.

/our bid for him could well have signalled the end of the Yakubu talks though.

(providing it is us, of course)

I would imagine we'd pay no more than £3m initially, given his short remaining contract and injury problems last season.

What the add-ons will be though remain to be seen, if they touch £4-5m dependent on appearances, goals and promotion Bristol City will most likely reluctantly accept.

If Brizzle really think they're going to be able to hold out for £5m for a want-away player with a year on his contract, they could be in for a nasty shock......

They can hold out if they want, but they'll probably lose him for nothing if they do. All the comments they are making is just a come and get him plea to other interested teams.

Hopefully, he'll put a transfer request in now.

If he want`s to join us, fingers crossed can see part of the bigger picture of what we are trying to build here! if we get maynard will be a majour coup and help us sign other`s no doubt!

Hope so what do you reckon the chances of signing him are out off 100

How long is a piece of string? If the club want him desperately, they'll meet demands.

The law of sod would no doubt haunt us. Maynard gets injured and waggy goes on to score 20+ for Brizzle. Doh!

That would be good for waggy, he barely gets a game here anymore so I think brizzle would suit him. Nugent Maynard Derbyshire combo and we'd be laughing, so if maynard did get injured, we'd still e alright with gally or vassell playing wings.

Still think maynard will sign up for us.

Bristol City have been linked with a few strikers recently, maybe cash (£1.5-£2m) + Waghorn might be a tempter.

if we can't get any of our strikers from last season back we will need waghorn. ino he isnt the player he was 2 seasons ago, but the kid needs to prove himself in a team of which WILL BE highly rated players. selling him off, i cant see, will not be a good idea, especially if we sign Maynard who is prone to injuries.

Archived