Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

Also, seen that one of the Bristol City Fans have noticed a change in wording of their Chairman's statement on their OS.

We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not sell to another Championship club.

To:

We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not wish to sell to another Championship club

Suggests something may have changed in them few hours?

Another change in their statement too, went from being 'confident' he would sign a new contract, to only 'hopeful'.

+1. good work.

Hey, if someone makes it, i'll be happy to have that too :P

I want them for trolling...;)

If someone makes it, please go and post it on the Leeds forums ;)

Stick a Nicky one on the Brizzle ones while you're at it too.

Even if neither of them joins, its fun to poke other fans for a while.

If someone makes it, please go and post it on the Leeds forums ;)

Stick a Nicky one on the Brizzle ones while you're at it too.

Even if neither of them joins, its fun to poke other fans for a while.

Someone has made one of Nicky before, I just can't find it..

Also, seen that one of the Bristol City Fans have noticed a change in wording of their Chairman's statement on their OS.

We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not sell to another Championship club.

To:

We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not wish to sell to another Championship club

Suggests something may have changed in them few hours?

Another change in their statement too, went from being 'confident' he would sign a new contract, to only 'hopeful'.

Whats also worth noting is the lack of a full stop at the end of the 2nd line.

So frustrated that OTIB won't accept my hotmail.

The amount of shite spoken about LCFC is pathetic.

"We're as ambitious", yeh, totally agreed with that, despite the fact we're after their best player whilst they replace him with a League Two forward, we're managed by Sven and they're managed by Keith Millen - ambitious? No, not writing him off but he's a non-comparison to Sven, and if they've got this money, where is their ambition in spending it? We're prepared to pay far more than they are to get there.

"Asian friends", well done, that's absolutely mind-blowing, congratulations to that fvcking recluse.

"Side step" Just lol at how they can even say it's a side step, they are a 2nd rate side & nothing more, Championship suits them fine, we need to be back in the Premier, being in the Championship means we just get dragged down to these morons' level.

Got to laugh at the logic of the Bristol fans.

It matters not that they paid £2.25m for Maynard three years ago and he's a better player now.

The fee paid 3 years ago has nothing to do with it. If Maynard has improved so much under Bristol City and is still just a top-end Championship striker rather than a Premier League striker, that suggests that Bristol paid too much for him in the first place. Just because Bristol overpaid, why should we?

Given that Danny Graham, who has had 2-3 solid seasons at Championship level followed by an excellent season, can go for £3 million (with what I believe was more than a year of his contract to run), why on earth should Maynard be worth any more than that?

Maynard's record over three years at BCFC is:

Season 1- Decidedly mediocre

Season 2 - Excellent, one of the players of the season

Season 3 - Injured

The market value for a consistent, young, injury-free centre forward with time to run on his contract is £3 million. Maynard cannot possibly be worth more than that to an objective observer given his recent cruciate injury and one good season. As it is, (Leicester) City's financial power and status as divisional rivals may add an extra 10% onto the price-tag. For the sake of all parties, that would surely have to be considered a good deal.

Totally agree. Great post!

So frustrated that OTIB won't accept my hotmail.

The amount of shite spoken about LCFC is pathetic.

"We're as ambitious", yeh, totally agreed with that, despite the fact we're after their best player whilst they replace him with a League Two forward, we're managed by Sven and they're managed by Keith Millen - ambitious? No, not writing him off but he's a non-comparison to Sven, and if they've got this money, where is their ambition in spending it? We're prepared to pay far more than they are to get there.

"Asian friends", well done, that's absolutely mind-blowing, congratulations to that fvcking recluse.

"Side step" Just lol at how they can even say it's a side step, they are a 2nd rate side & nothing more, Championship suits them fine, we need to be back in the Premier, being in the Championship means we just get dragged down to these morons' level.

Makes me laugh some of them think Sven is an average manager and when someones pointed out he'd won 17 trophies across Europe the guy denied it even being truthful. Bunch of morons. I forgot Keith Millen was bloody god. Eurgh. Bunch of low rate arseholes most of their fans.

I really don't like many BC fans, they really do seem to think they are the dogs bollocks and seem to think we are nothing? Lets face facts we are a club no matter what division will still be bigger than them lot..

Now i'm not saying the "WE ARE MASSIVE" rubbish but we are certainly bigger than them and if Maynard wants to leave and sees us just like that then BC fans you better get ready to say goodbye :)

I really don't like many BC fans, they really do seem to think they are the dogs bollocks and seem to think we are nothing? Lets face facts we are a club no matter what division will still be bigger than them lot..

Now i'm not saying the "WE ARE MASSIVE" rubbish but we are certainly bigger than them and if Maynard wants to leave and sees us just like that then BC fans you better get ready to say goodbye :)

agreed buddy

Got to laugh at the logic of the Bristol fans.

It matters not that they paid £2.25m for Maynard three years ago and he's a better player now.

The fee paid 3 years ago has nothing to do with it. If Maynard has improved so much under Bristol City and is still just a top-end Championship striker rather than a Premier League striker, that suggests that Bristol paid too much for him in the first place. Just because Bristol overpaid, why should we?

Given that Danny Graham, who has had 2-3 solid seasons at Championship level followed by an excellent season, can go for £3 million (with what I believe was more than a year of his contract to run), why on earth should Maynard be worth any more than that?

Maynard's record over three years at BCFC is:

Season 1- Decidedly mediocre

Season 2 - Excellent, one of the players of the season

Season 3 - Injured

The market value for a consistent, young, injury-free centre forward with time to run on his contract is £3 million. Maynard cannot possibly be worth more than that to an objective observer given his recent cruciate injury and one good season. As it is, (Leicester) City's financial power and status as divisional rivals may add an extra 10% onto the price-tag. For the sake of all parties, that would surely have to be considered a good deal.

Very good points. Also need to consider if Graham a/is the benchmark which makes alot of sence. He went to a Premier league club for 3 mil. Now some may say it doesn't matter where he goes either the Premier league or championship but I think it does. 2-3mil is about the price for him especially as he is entering his last year ubder contract.

Also with BCFC now buying the guy from Rotherham and the change in the languge from their chairman I think it only a matter of time for Maynard to be sold, hopefully to us.

Archived