Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

The irony of that comment is laughable. Anyhow im sure Nicky will be sitting in his house in Portishead as we speak creaming his pants at the prospect of playing for the mighty Foxes wont he?

Seriously guys the lad is bound for the prem. It would be a huge yes huge sideways move to come to you.

Mate, got no problem with Bristol at all but all players are ambitious. The fact our owners are showing considerable ambition won't have gone unnoticed to him. You might consider it a sideways step, I can see what you are saying if you are looking at it from a standpoint of where we both finished last year, but there is more to it.

I know if he did choose to come here we would be just another stepping stone for him to progress further, there is no shame in that. I don't think we're anything special, but most people out there would say we are a step up the food chain from yourselves. That's just how it is, yeah it dents your pride a bit, but the same has happened to us where players have left to clubs not a huge jump up from us.

The irony of that comment is laughable. Anyhow im sure Nicky will be sitting in his house in Portishead as we speak creaming his pants at the prospect of playing for the mighty Foxes wont he?

Seriously guys the lad is bound for the prem. It would be a huge yes huge sideways move to come to you.

He's not even that good. He's come from Crewe who know how to develop a youngster to a decent level but then he's spent a large amount of time injured for a very mediocre side in yourselves. I'm not convinced he's destined for the Premiership at all. I hope we don't get mugged off by your chairman and offer silly money. He's done nothing to suggest he's worth more than £3 million. His best chance of premiership football would be with us, but I hope Sven looks elsewhere for the figures you're lot are wafting about.

Can you not see what you're writing? How on earth is it a sideways move? Even by their own admission most of your fans think we are more likely to be challenging for promotion than you guys. That's the ambition of our club. It wouldn't be a sideways step if it ends up in promotion would it?

Whether or not we get him is another story, but seriously come on and admit it, we are a bigger club than you. I don't mind admitting that Leeds are a bigger club than us, or that West Ham may take some of the players we are interested in. It's part of football, and are you seriously saying that if you were a player with no ties to Bristol at all then the draw to move away from a decaying old stadium with 2nd rate training facilities to a bigger club, premiership facilities and the best England manager in recent history, and furthermore probably double your wages, wouldn't be tempting?

:fishing:

Bristol City Fans saying we'd be a 'sideways' move AT BEST. Cause Bristol City really have better ambitions than us. It's a joke how they can say they have just as much chance of promotion as us.

Obviously it sounds extremely bias and cocky... but bookmakers aren't, and we're 2nd favourites after West Ham, which I'm sure will be joint after we've made a few signings... and you're 17th favourites lol .

Even if we don't get him, hope Maynard does go. This would leave them fighting against relegation.

To be fair, EVERY club will have a very small minority of morons at the least. Wouldn't take that as an indication of all Bristol fans mentality.

Tinpot - Yes.

Racist - No.

You say that, but I heard racist chants from just two sets of fans this season. One, unsurprisingly, was Millwall and the other was... I think you can guess.

The Rovers fans were at it when we went to their place in the League One season as well.

sky are reporting a Bid has been rejected for Maynard.

Nicky... the ball is in your Court.... time to hand in a request if you want to leave..... or come out and state you want to stay, State it Publicly.

and to all the Bristol City fans out there.... you should not be so sure he wants to stay until he publicly comes out and says so....

Almost 20 pages on a transfer that is not going to happen? Strange one that.

A few pointers for you.

- Sven is a world class manager with 17 major titles to his name!

-As a football club we can offer Maynard a sizeable wage increase it could touch £20k a week as we were willing to pay Yakubu around £30k.

-You probably might do well next year, but the fact we are labelled as favourites could help to sway his decision.

-Players fancy changes, Maybe Maynard will fancy a change.....

All we can do is wait and see.

Bristol City or Leicester City for me its not hard to decide!

That's because you are a Leicester fan!!!

We're by no means HUGELY different to them, but we do offer certain things they don't, which means we are a step up the football food chain.

No different than someone like West Ham bidding on one of our players in the last year of their contract. If they had a few years left then you could fend off the interest easier, but someone being in the last year complicates things somewhat.

No point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

You say that, but I heard racist chants from just two sets of fans this season. One, unsurprisingly, was Millwall and the other was... I think you can guess.

The Rovers fans were at it when we went to their place in the League One season as well.

Do you or do you not have a high population of Asians in your City? I fail to see how if somebody points this out it is deemed racist? On my visits to Leicester and the Midlands in general i have been staggered at the high asian population.

In regards to ''jimbo'' ive heard it all before pal, seriously who exactly does your bowl of a stadium impress? Likewise Sven Goran Erikisson, a manager who seemingly has lost all dignity since leaving England and has just prostituted himself around ever since grabbing as much money as he can. If anything i found the man quite embarassing, but there you go.

But to give some of you the sad ego boost's you seem to be craving yes you are a bigger club than us in terms of history and facilities, fair play. But as i said Nicky will want to test himself in the prem, the bookies may have you on to be second favs to go up but we all know what this league is like, interestingly you were 14-1 to win the league in 07/08 yet you were on the tv crying come the final day...

Anyway good luck for this season, nothing against you as a club just dont think Maynard will be joining you thats all :)

Do you or do you not have a high population of Asians in your City? I fail to see how if somebody points this out it is deemed racist? On my visits to Leicester and the Midlands in general i have been staggered at the high asian population.

In regards to ''jimbo'' ive heard it all before pal, seriously who exactly does your bowl of a stadium impress? Likewise Sven Goran Erikisson, a manager who seemingly has lost all dignity since leaving England and has just prostituted himself around ever since grabbing as much money as he can. If anything i found the man quite embarassing, but there you go.

But to give some of you the sad ego boost's you seem to be craving yes you are a bigger club than us in terms of history and facilities, fair play. But as i said Nicky will want to test himself in the prem, the bookies may have you on to be second favs to go up but we all know what this league is like, interestingly you were 14-1 to win the league in 07/08 yet you were on the tv crying come the final day...

Anyway good luck for this season, nothing against you as a club just dont think Maynard will be joining you thats all :)

Oh my goodness.

Pray tell, how would football fans go about "pointing this out" in a stadium?

Just something to point out. Nicky Maynard has been linked with us for quite some time now... couple of weeks at least... Has he come out and said anything about wanting to stay? Not wanting to join Leicester? As this is what i would expect from someone who is quite keen to sign a new contract........

:scarf: start sorting out a chant for maynard send us your email addy and i will post some pics down of him in a leicester shirt after he signs

He didn't say we had a high population of Asians though did he. "sorry to piss on the the fire of are asians friends in the midlands." The illiterate twat seems to think everyone is Asian. He is using the fact we have a high Asian population as a reason to have a go at us, like it's a bad thing. If he thinks there is something wrong with Asians, then yes he is racist.

What is the need to mention our Asian population though?

Tell me how Sven has prostituted himself and been a money grabber please? Oh the time when he wrote off £2million that Notts County owed him so he didn't send them under? That time? Or the time he took international jobs? Because no self respecting manager would take an international job no way. Look at your own manager first. Absolute nobody who will do absolutely nothing but there you go.

In 07/08 we didn't have one of the best managers in the world or heavy investment either. Makes a slight difference.

And are you the chairman do you decided if he goes or not? Didn't think so. Nothing against you lot or anything...

Also our bowl would impress more people than your shed.

Just something to point out. Nicky Maynard has been linked with us for quite some time now... couple of weeks at least... Has he come out and said anything about wanting to stay? Not wanting to join Leicester? As this is what i would expect from someone who is quite keen to sign a new contract........

probably because he's still on holiday.

Pointing it out isn't racist. Using the fact in a chant in a childish attempt to belittle our fans and our city, as if having a large non-white population somehow makes a city a shithole, is however. Hardly rocket science. You're just a Small Town in Asia? Very enlightened.

What is the need to mention our Asian population though?

Tell me how Sven has prostituted himself and been a money grabber please? Oh the time when he wrote off £2million that Notts County owed him so he didn't send them under? That time? Or the time he took international jobs? Because no self respecting manager would take an international job no way. Look at your own manager first. Absolute nobody who will do absolutely nothing but there you go.

In 07/08 we didn't have one of the best managers in the world or heavy investment either. Makes a slight difference.

And are you the chairman do you decided if he goes or not? Didn't think so. Nothing against you lot or anything...

The asian population thing i agree is neither here nor there but it quite obviously seems to rile you lot up so its obviously done for a reaction. I found the poppadom chants hilarious personally, must mean im a racist thug that votes bnp though ay?

And fook me come off it, Sven is a complete money grabbing plank! Your only defending him because he is at the helm of your club.

Anyway think i have said enough on the issue. We shall see the outcome regarding Nicky but i would not hold my breath if i was one of you lot!

The asian population thing i agree is neither here nor there but it quite obviously seems to rile you lot up so its obviously done for a reaction. I found the poppadom chants hilarious personally, must mean im a racist thug that votes bnp though ay

And fook me come off it, Sven is a complete money grabbing plank! Your only defending him because he is at the helm of your club.

Anyway think i have said enough on the issue. We shall see the outcome regarding Nicky but i would not hold my breath if i was one of you lot!

Nah, just that you have developed a sense of humour in line with that of an amoeba.

The asian population thing i agree is neither here nor there but it quite obviously seems to rile you lot up so its obviously done for a reaction. I found the poppadom chants hilarious personally, must mean im a racist thug that votes bnp though ay?

Well show me some examples of his money grabbing antics then please? Of course he's going to need a bigger budget than most but don't all world class managers. Is Mourinho a money grabber because he spends money at the clubs he's at?

Archived