Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Yakubu

Must be the only one on here who is sighing with relief . I don't think he would have come here with the right attitude thinking he's to good for this division . I think time will tell and Blackburn will rue the day they signed him , He wasn't even good enough for Everton for Christ sake .

Don't get people talking about players attitude unless you know the guy?

The Yak has scored a healthy amount of goals year after year after year after year after year - if thats a bad attitude, I wish Darius "do feck all other than dribble towards the corner flag" Vassell would grow one too.

Turning your nose up at him with no one approaching his ability within miles of this club is odd, very, very odd.

Don't get people talking about players attitude unless you know the guy?

The Yak has scored a healthy amount of goals year after year after year after year after year - if thats a bad attitude, I wish Darius "do feck all other than dribble towards the corner flag" Vassell would grow one too.

Turning your nose up at him with no one approaching his ability within miles of this club is odd, very, very odd.

We've now got Beckford who is twice the player Yakubu is, and has a far better goalscoring record to prove it.

Blackburn's fate has been sealed by today's business.

We've now got Beckford who is twice the player Yakubu is, and has a far better goalscoring record to prove it.

Blackburn's fate has been sealed by today's business.

Everton looking more likely after today.....

No he hasn't, Yakubu has played at the highest level for years, Beckford has had one year there as a bit part player. Before that he was scoring in league one.

No he hasn't, Yakubu has played at the highest level for years, Beckford has had one year there as a bit part player. Before that he was scoring in league one.

Beckford - 104 goals in 214 appearances.

Yakubu - 122 goals in 322 appearances (UK only)

Since tearing his achilles in 2008, the Yak managed 7 goals in 51 games for Everton. During that time, Beckford's record for Everton was 10 goals in 39 games.

David Moyes, a decent and respected Premier manager, rated Beckford above the Yak and so, it appears, does Sven.

We shouldn't pine for the one that got away.

Archived