Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Yakubu

And it wouldnt surprise me in the least if we signed a striker who has just been born, or one who has maybe not even been born yet, that would rattle the bastards.

Our scatter gun approach to signing a striker is pure comedy. Basically we get linked with anyone who is even vaguely available. E.g. it was only a matter of time until we got linked with Ngog.

The fact that we are continuing to be linked with Maynard, AJ, Yak is just because they haven't been able to go anywhere else yet.

If we don't get any of these then I don't know who we move onto next. Guess we look at the best of the rest in the championship. Maybe we'll be linked with fryatt next

Our scatter gun approach to signing a striker is pure comedy. Basically we get linked with anyone who is even vaguely available. E.g. it was only a matter of time until we got linked with Ngog.

The fact that we are continuing to be linked with Maynard, AJ, Yak is just because they haven't been able to go anywhere else yet.

If we don't get any of these then I don't know who we move onto next. Guess we look at the best of the rest in the championship. Maybe we'll be linked with fryatt next

:w00t:

Huuuuume

Just because we've been linked with so many strikers it doesn't mean we've shown an ounce of interest in any of them. Its probably agents attempting to drum up interest in their clients for other clubs to make a move because they think we're getting the cheque book ready.

This is a bit unfair really, particularly if you stop for a nano second and remember whose doing the linking; mostly forums like this, twitter and so forth. All good fun and the lifeblood of these boards, but, as a general rule, posted by nobody in the know and as rumours rather than fact.

Skysports.com understands Everton striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni has turned down an approach from Blackburn.

The Nigeria international has slipped down the pecking order at Goodison Park of late and spent the second half of last season on loan at Leicester.

His time with the Foxes proved to be productive, as he notched 11 goals in 20 appearances.

He returned to Everton over the summer, but remains on the fringes of David Moyes' first-team fold.

A switch elsewhere was expected to materialise, but time is running out for him to make a move during the summer transfer window.

Blackburn were prepared to offer him Premier League football, with Steve Kean still in the market for fresh faces.

Yakubu has snubbed Rovers' advances, though, and is to remain on Merseyside for the time being.

Skysports.com understands Everton striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni has turned down an approach from Blackburn.

The Nigeria international has slipped down the pecking order at Goodison Park of late and spent the second half of last season on loan at Leicester.

His time with the Foxes proved to be productive, as he notched 11 goals in 20 appearances.

He returned to Everton over the summer, but remains on the fringes of David Moyes' first-team fold.

A switch elsewhere was expected to materialise, but time is running out for him to make a move during the summer transfer window.

Blackburn were prepared to offer him Premier League football, with Steve Kean still in the market for fresh faces.

Yakubu has snubbed Rovers' advances, though, and is to remain on Merseyside for the time being.

Had to be for wages. We're still in this one, can see us getting him on loan once the window shuts.

@Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Sky confirm Yakubu has snubbed Blackburn, what the hell is the guy doing? Hes currently playing for Everton reserves #EFC

@Football_Agent9 Football Agent

@Fourth_Official I'd imagine it's his bumper £45k a week wages that Leicester were prepared to pay in the Championship.

@Fourth_Official Fourth Official

@Football_Agent9 they have a wage cap, never were going above 35k a week for him

Yes he would if not som 2000 has yelling you are nothing to have ande tose who is saying said nothing (silence) about 11000 and the rest real Leicester blue scanned feed the YAK and he will score I love the YAK to came back!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Any chance of someone translating this for me?? I didn't understand a word of this. (ie what is 'ande tose'? som? saying said nothing??) wtf are you on about??

Archived