Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Elders Scrolls V Skyrim

Oblivion was superb, but Morrowind was better. Didn't like the way the monsters leveled up as you did. I prefered that some areas were essentially "off-limits" or at least very silly for low-level characters to enter. I also prefered Morrowind's spell crafting system.

Needless to say I'm looking forward to Skyrim - if my PC will touch it (hate playing these kind of games on consoles.)

When I played Oblivion I found myself hardly touching the main storyline and just going off and doing my own thing. I remember starting the Assassins and Thieves missions for example. Haven't looked into the new one yet, no doubt it'll be massive like the last one.

Edited by Kent

There is very little up on this atm. The screens look amazing obviously which is to be expected. The feeling of a great vast landscape is still there with this one, as it was with IV of course.

How Big is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

This is no doubt one of the most common questions when it comes to an expansive western RPG like Skyrim. According to Todd Howard of Bethesda, Skyrim is essentially the same size as Oblivion, the previous game in the series. However, there will be more topographical diversity in Skyrim, from towering, snow-capped mountains to thick forests and more.

Additionally, there will be at least 120 unique dungeons in Skyrim, as well as five major cities. Those five major cities are in addition to eight or nine smaller towns that you'll also be visiting during your campaign.

So there you have it.

The RPG lineup this year is off the scale. DS3, this, Dark Souls... and ME3 at the start of 2012. Diablo 3 should be out next year as well.

There is very little up on this atm. The screens look amazing obviously which is to be expected. The feeling of a great vast landscape is still there with this one, as it was with IV of course.

So there you have it.

The RPG lineup this year is off the scale. DS3, this, Dark Souls... and ME3 at the start of 2012. Diablo 3 should be out next year as well.

The Beta is being planned for Third Quarter launch (somewhere between July and September), but if you're into this genre keep an eye out for Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile, smaller titles that should be released this year too.

Looked into this a bit and tempted to stick Oblivion in the 360 again tonight! Haven't played the game for years or even thought about it to be honest but it was definitely a quality game (even if I never did progress in the story!)

It's weird to think that it's five years old, I bet it doesn't feel that dated either.

Edited by Kent

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

PS3 OWNERS READ THIS

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

The game is being optimised for the 360 on consoles, not the PS3. As for a PC version, there hasn't been a demo of it yet running on a PC. The source in the article is a numpty.

As for which is better, the 360 and PS3 versions will be identical I would assume. Everything else is since the PS3 still not used to its full potential on multi-format releases.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

The game is being optimised for the 360 on consoles, not the PS3. As for a PC version, there hasn't been a demo of it yet running on a PC. The source in the article is a numpty.

As for which is better, the 360 and PS3 versions will be identical I would assume. Everything else is since the PS3 still not used to its full potential on multi-format releases.

Where did you hear it is being optimised for the x-box?