Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Elders Scrolls V Skyrim

I know a few people that have been going on about this for a while now but I don't really know what it is. Could anyone briefly summarise what it is and what you do please? Is it similar to any other games at all?

Saying this, it may be best not to look because AC is out next week and I bloody love Assassins Creed!

I know a few people that have been going on about this for a while now but I don't really know what it is. Could anyone briefly summarise what it is and what you do please? Is it similar to any other games at all?

Saying this, it may be best not to look because AC is out next week and I bloody love Assassins Creed!

:jawdrop:

It's a free-roaming 1st or 3rd person role-playing game - think GTA series in terms of the free-roaming, but more like Fallout 3 in terms of the leveling, and with swords and sorcery. It's Elder Scrolls part 5 as Morrowind was part 3 and was awesome...

Remember that game is nearly 10 years old.

And part 4 was Oblivion, which was also awesome...

:jawdrop:

It's a free-roaming 1st or 3rd person role-playing game - think GTA series in terms of the free-roaming, but more like Fallout 3 in terms of the leveling, and with swords and sorcery. It's Elder Scrolls part 5 as Morrowind was part 3 and was awesome...

Remember that game is nearly 10 years old.

And part 4 was Oblivion, which was also awesome...

Cheers :thumbup:

If this game is a difficult as Dark Souls it has my respect.

If not, I'll still like it, but it won't draw me in as much as Dark Souls does.

I'll pick it up tomorrow. :thumbup:

Oh stop bumming Dark Souls, lol not that I care what wins GOTY and I'm not really sure what will but I'd bet all the tea in China that Dark Souls wont.

Also, you know full well having played Fallout and the last Elder Scrolls game that this game will have a sliding dificulty scale, and on the hardest setting, it will be more difficult than DS!

Think I might pick this up after work....all night sessionnnnnnn!!

How are people getting on with it so far?

Rating? Thoughts?

I've barley scratched the surface so far, with only a couple of hours play so far but I'm impressed so far. It looks amazing (I'm playing on PS3) with no major glitches that I've seen so far. There is clearly an overwhelming amount to do and I find it a bit bewildering as to what to do. But then I felt that about Oblivion and Fallout and still enjoyed them. One thing which really confuses me is all the items lying around which can be picked up. What the hell do I do with them?

But if you like RPG then I don't think you can go wrong with this...

I've barley scratched the surface so far, with only a couple of hours play so far but I'm impressed so far. It looks amazing (I'm playing on PS3) with no major glitches that I've seen so far. There is clearly an overwhelming amount to do and I find it a bit bewildering as to what to do. But then I felt that about Oblivion and Fallout and still enjoyed them. One thing which really confuses me is all the items lying around which can be picked up. What the hell do I do with them?

All the items you pick up can be used to make weapons and postions aswel as magic.

Played about 8 hours yesterday GOTY easily graphics stunning, gameplay immense.

Need a bit of advice.

I like the look of this game, thinking of getting it but is it one of those games where you need play older versions to get the story line or is it a new story line?

I love the GTA series, as it's roam-free as you like. Is this similar to this game?

All feedback would be appreciated, don't want to waste my money on it.

There will be glitches, espeically the dreaded freezing glitch. Always is with Elder Scrolls/Fallout games. Will still be amazing though, Lunch time purchase.

Guy who posted before me, wont need to know any back story to play this it's a new charachter every game.

There will be glitches, espeically the dreaded freezing glitch. Always is with Elder Scrolls/Fallout games. Will still be amazing though, Lunch time purchase.

Guy who posted before me, wont need to know any back story to play this it's a new charachter every game.

Thanks mate. Might just give this game a punt then. Is it any good?

Cheers

I had Oblivion and really rated it (even though I was often sidetracked) so if this is better (as the reviews etc suggest), then it should be a beaut!

Though I think its always better to hear what other people, like you guys, have to say about it, rather than a general review in a magazine etc.

Looking forward to a good session later, if ASDA actually have it in stock.

Cheers

I had Oblivion and really rated it (even though I was often sidetracked) so if this is better (as the reviews etc suggest), then it should be a beaut!

Though I think its always better to hear what other people, like you guys, have to say about it, rather than a general review in a magazine etc.

Looking forward to a good session later, if ASDA actually have it in stock.

My first impression is that it is better than Oblivion. I think I just need to take my time with it and enjoy it rather than trying to rush through. There is so much to explore and in theory at least you can go anywhere at any time although the game nudges you along the main quest.