Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Elders Scrolls V Skyrim

Where did you hear it is being optimised for the x-box?

Bethesda has already announced that Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has been optimized to run on the Xbox 360, but this doesn't mean that the game will look best on the consoles. Todd Howard recently described the benefits of playing Elder Scrolls V on PC. In a recent interview, Todd Howard told our source that any modern PC would run Skyrim just fine, but there's plenty more to be expected for higher end PC's.

:/

U Mad Bro?

It must be the years of owning a PS3 and hoping for news that it has finally trumped the 360 on a multiformat release. Only for hopes to be dashed eh? :giggle:

On 360 it even ships on one dvd. Yes, one.

Sorry PS3 people, you can't even get one over on that score either. lol

Just kidding... :ph34r: I'm sure it'll be just fine on whatever platform it's on.

It must be the years of owning a PS3 and hoping for news that it has finally trumped the 360 on a multiformat release. Only for hopes to be dashed eh? :giggle:

On 360 it even ships on one dvd. Yes, one.

Sorry PS3 people, you can't even get one over on that score either. lol

Just kidding... :ph34r: I'm sure it'll be just fine on whatever platform it's on.

Battlefield 3 is on 2 discs on xbox, 1 disc on ps3 so yeah... :P

Do I get this on PC and risk not playing it that smoothly but have the leisure of playing it whenever I like (PC is my domain - TV is shared), or do I get it as gauranteed playable, but maybe slightly less spangely, on my PS3? :unsure:

Decisions, decisions.

• 4 weeks later...

For those who are wondering, when they say it's been 'optomised' for 360, it means they've had to scale everything down to make it work on the 360 due to it having less power than both the PS3 and PC.

The console versions are basically gimped so that the 360 users are getting the same experience from the game as PS3 users are.

For those who are wondering, when they say it's been 'optomised' for 360, it means they've had to scale everything down to make it work on the 360 due to it having less power than both the PS3 and PC.

The console versions are basically gimped so that the 360 users are getting the same experience from the game as PS3 users are.

The fact that this is being optimised for 360 is neither here nor there really.

We're now 4 years down the line and any multiformat release is always equal or better on 360 compared to PS3.

By the time PS3 is showing its true power, Microsoft will go out and launch 720. Simples.

As for this game, this walk in the park, a nice quiet stroll, sightseeing, the complete opposite to DS, it will hopefully live up to the hype. Will it be DS good?

I'll put money on the table that it isn't anywhere near as intense as DS is.

• 2 weeks later...

Do I get this on PC and risk not playing it that smoothly but have the leisure of playing it whenever I like (PC is my domain - TV is shared), or do I get it as gauranteed playable, but maybe slightly less spangely, on my PS3? :unsure:

Decisions, decisions.

Could you not connect the PS3 to another screen, like that of your PC?