Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Elders Scrolls V Skyrim

My mate went to Game to get Skyrim today ( i have no idea what it is, not my scene) but couldn't get it because he didn't have ID to prove he was 15! He's 17 and probably looks older. Anyway he got me to go and get it for him as i had ID so thought it wouldn't be a problem. The guy asked for my ID, and i got him my provisional out and my 16-25 railcard out and he wouldn't accept it because it didn't have my address on! Who has ID with their address on with them?!? Pathetic. Does this happen often? Ended up telling them to stuff it and that we were going to Gamestation. Although in the end we got it from HMV for £6 cheaper and without any need to ask for ID. Crazy!

My mate went to Game to get Skyrim today ( i have no idea what it is, not my scene) but couldn't get it because he didn't have ID to prove he was 15! He's 17 and probably looks older. Anyway he got me to go and get it for him as i had ID so thought it wouldn't be a problem. The guy asked for my ID, and i got him my provisional out and my 16-25 railcard out and he wouldn't accept it because it didn't have my address on! Who has ID with their address on with them?!? Pathetic. Does this happen often? Ended up telling them to stuff it and that we were going to Gamestation. Although in the end we got it from HMV for £6 cheaper and without any need to ask for ID. Crazy!

Pretty much no common ID needs an address. So long as there is name, picture and date of birth then it's an acceptable form of ID.

Yeh ive got it on the PC. It's true, some of the stuff makes no sense. It feels like a console game that you can use your mouse and keyboard with rather than a PC game. Not sure how you minimap some magic and stuff, and the inventory seems like a lot of hassle compared to other rpgs on PC. If i have a mouse why do I have to press enter and go up and down with my keyboard. It's stupid to the point that I decided to plug my pc to my tv and just use my xbox controller so I can atleast play it on my bed because theres no advantage really (plus I use melee so aiming isnt such a big deal).

Currently level 8, 2 handed weapons is on like 45, just been smashing everything with the warhammer. 1 HIT DEATHS ALL DAY BABY.

I think the graphics are brilliant, try standing at the top of a waterfall.

Ah, which reminds me, use the waterfalls and streams to your advantage, the current takes you down the stream a lot faster than you can run.

Played seven hours so far, keep dying and having to go back 15-30mins though, why did I turn off autosave? Haha.

I get annoyed when I die and have to go back :(

Didnt know whether I'd like this or not but I guess this afternoon has answered that. It gets so addictive when your on quests and they just seem to keep building up. The amount of content in the game is crazy. Just joined that dark brotherhood someone was on about earlier and am doing stuff fot the magic college. Its pretty fun tbh

One pretty weird thing is the ability of horses to climb cliff faces aha, does help though when your trying to get somewhere on the other siude of a mountain

Edited by samlcfc

Travelling through these dungeons is like something out of an Indiana Jones movie.

I have joined the companions and completed a couple of quests for them. I was sent to the shimmering cave but have struggled with that so will go back later.

Currently lvl6 and am liking the magic aspect of the game. Clearly a take from Bioshock but it's all good.

Had a good blast on it yesterday for most of the afternoon. Cant wait to finish work today and get back to it. Smashed the fok out a dragon esterday and stole its soul, woo! Dont get near an angry giant either haha, I got killed in one blow :blink:

Yeh, the giants are militant. Was fighting a dragon the other day and it was taking ages. Led it over to a giant and the giant killed it straight off

How do you know how powerful an enemy is? I got one hit by loadsa creatures which include some ice wraith and a vampire. lol

I think its just trial and error lol, ive casually strolled into a few places where ive had to run back out because im getting destroyed

Just home from college and work, time to play some Skyrim.

Currently level 29, 100 speech and smithing. Might try some alchemy.

Oh and to anyone getting killed pretty easily, make your own amour by smithing. Just made myself some dragon amour (I'm level 100 smithing), and the defence on the stuff is unreal.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Just home from college and work, time to play some Skyrim.

Currently level 29, 100 speech and smithing. Might try some alchemy.

Oh and to anyone getting killed pretty easily, make your own amour by smithing. Just made myself some dragon amour (I'm level 100 smithing), and the defence on the stuff is unreal.

How do I make dragon armour? I'm guessing you need dragon bones and scales. Where do I go to smith? What other things do I need? Etc.