Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Elders Scrolls V Skyrim

Apparently a couple have won a lifetime supply of video games because their son was born on 11.11.11 and they named him Dovakiin

A work colleague told me so it may be bollocks

Afraid not. Read it yesterday!

The deal was that anyone naming a child born on 11/11/11 - the release date of the game - as Dovahkiin would get free Bethesda games for the rest of his life.

Accepting the challenge are parents Megan and Eric Kellermeyer, who according to the official Bethesda blog delivered young Dovahkiin last Friday at 6.08pm PST (1.08am Saturday, GMT).

In the game Dovahkiin is the title given to the main character and means 'dragon born' in the language of dragons, making them the special chosen one meant to save the land of Skyrim. Whether Dovahkiin Kellermeyer has manifested any magic powers, or a preference for horned headwear, is not yet clear.

'Today we congratulate proud parents Megan and Eric Kellermeyer for completing the quest. As noted on their webcomic site (and documents shared with us), Megan gave birth to Dovahkiin Tom Kellermeyer last Friday at 6:08 pm PST,' the developer wrote on its blog.

Assuming the deal involved Bethesda Softworks the publisher, rather than Bethesda Game Studios (which only tends to make a new game every two or three years) it remains uncertain whether all young Dovahkiin's inevitable playground taunting to come is necessarily evidence of a fair deal.

The parents seem happy, though, indicating on their blog that he has a 'normal' middle name.

'We've toyed with Dovahkiin and the ramifications of naming a child that name, and that name being based on a video game character (however awesome), and what impact that would have on him. But the more I thought of it, the more I settled on Dovahkiin, contest or no,' said Mrs Kellermeyer.

'It helps that we told all our friends and family and very few are opposed to the idea. My mom thought it was neat! He will have a perfectly normal and common middle name if the first name becomes too much for him, or us, or we just want to call him a nickname.

'I've read several posts on the site and most condemn anyone who would dare name their child such a thing, all for capitalism. Well, I really don't play many video games (Eric plays an ungodly amount though), and I would never name my child a name I found horrible or even terribly mediocre.'

Bloody Dragon killed my wife :( we were on a quest and the dragon started attacking, he landed and chewed her head off :cry:

I was screaming her name as she ran forward to attack 'Don't do it Brelyna'

It was after that i found out she'd been robbing me, she had 56,000 coins on her body!

I'm convinced she was going to run away with the bard that kept visiting.

On a plus point, i did harvest her blood to complete a quest and the bard is dead (I killed him whilst in warewolf form)

• Like 1

I have just finished the Dark Brotherhood questline and the achievement for this. It gives me a further two quests to complete off the back of it though.

I thought the 360 had crashed, twice, during the final mission of this. The first time when you're in the coffin, the screen goes black and nothing happens at all. Thought it had crashed so restarted it. Did it again and exactly the same thing happened. This time I left it for around 3 minutes and it came back. Odd. I think it's part of the quest as you're left in the coffin for a day or so. Still, not great staring at a black screen with nothing happening.

Btw, I have a total of 9 main quests currently open and a further 21 in the miscellaneous section... :S

Edited by Legend_in_blue

I'm 24 hours in, and I've apparently done fvck all lol

Even when I finish it, (around next year) I'll still have to replay it, and be more magical.

I'm kind of like dual-wielding one-handed swords, and using fire-resistant shields. I also use archery, to pick people off while sneaking.

I completed a couple of missions off the back of reading a set of books. From this I now have the ebony helmet and ebony armour. The armour stat on the helmet is 40 and on the armour the stat is 85. No need to smith anything. lol

Anyone know of a really powerful bow and/or one handed weapon?

I have a mace at 38 attack power thanks to a mission I completed in an abandoned house in Markarth involving some demon.

I completed a couple of missions off the back of reading a set of books. From this I now have the ebony helmet and ebony armour. The armour stat on the helmet is 40 and on the armour the stat is 85. No need to smith anything. lol

Anyone know of a really powerful bow and/or one handed weapon?

I have a mace at 38 attack power thanks to a mission I completed in an abandoned house in Markarth involving some demon.

Mace of Molag Bol!?

I have the ancient nord sword of scorching, (legendary) does 54 attack points and 22 fire damage for 15 secs

Anybody fought one of the Ancient Dragons yet? Got my character up to level 50, and these guys completely kick my ass every time! only way to beat them is to hit them a few times, and then run off and hide behind something until they land again! lol

Put 60 hours into this game already and it still just keeps giving and giving, great game!

I killed one of them ancient dragons on my second attempt. I think you've just gotta use the right type of combat/weapon combined with restoration and enchanted armour to give you boosts in attributes.

My two handed axe has over 100 damage and I have improved dragon armour enchanted. I found it easy in the end.

Up to level 43, 98 hours in, Done all the thieves guild, dark brotherhood, main quest, college of winterhold, bard college and the companions quests.

Still have 12 main quests and 20 miscellaneous quests

Anyone had any problems with "lag" on the PS3 version? Mine has been running ok although I've not had a chance to play it for a week or so, but the Bethesda forums are awash with people complaining about choppy gameplay once you get so far in?

Yes, it can be really frustrating