Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
zubi

The Documentary Thread

10 years since this movie came out..

1421591474_idiocracy-streaming.jpg

It wasnt meant to be a documentary... http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/27/idiocracy-at-10-mike-judge-s-cult-film-saw-america-run-by-imbeciles-well.html

Knew I recognised Trump's policymaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to catching this when it comes out on DVD as it was only showing in the cinema at two locations in England. I've suffered with it for years and whereas there are scientific explanations for why it happens, it hasn't been fully explained why people see and hear the things they do. The representation of the 'shadow man' there is 100% accurate too. It's absolutely terrifying at times, and even more so when it feels like your ankles are being grabbed and pulled.

Just watched this, really wish I hadn't. Bizarrely terrifying, mainly because I absolutely guarantee I dream some guy wearing a hat is going to attack me in my sleep tonight lol.

Just watched this, really wish I hadn't. Bizarrely terrifying, mainly because I absolutely guarantee I dream some guy wearing a hat is going to attack me in my sleep tonight lol.

Haha good luck with getting sound sleep now. Strangely enough, I had it again last week and felt I was being strangled lol

Haha good luck with getting sound sleep now. Strangely enough, I had it again last week and felt I was being strangled lol

The hat man hasn't got me yet which is all good. I am prone to sleep walking and my mum has sleep paralysis every now and again.

Worst dream I have ever had was that someone grabbed me in my sleep, I was kicking and screaming, grabbed my poor dog my the throat thinking someone had set dogs on me to kill me. Took me a good 15 seconds to realise it was my dog the poor thing lol.

Couldn't sleep for 3 days after that, absolutely horrific!

• 4 weeks later...

Considering the Economy is based on debt, and the amount of money in supply controls the market rate of housing, wages and general living costs,

Why are people not asking questions about how spending power is created and where "Money" comes from?

There is a simple reason why you have to spend 4x more for a house today than you did in 1997, it's money creation and where it's invested.

It's time people woke up and started to demand a money commission so we can take back some sort of control of our money supply, instead of letting reckless bank create profit from thin air whilst pushing debts onto the working class who follow the norm.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 3

The wealthy control the working class. We are fooled into thinking that those on power care more about those at the bottom than themselves. All it needs is to dangle a few sweeteners and the I'm all right culture is set.

The wealthy control the working class. We are fooled into thinking that those on power care more about those at the bottom than themselves. All it needs is to dangle a few sweeteners and the I'm all right culture is set.

Exactly, I saw a post the other day that rings true, It was a picture of the west ham fans smashing the united bus, saying, Imagine a world where football fans were as passionate about politics and those that control their lives as they are about football. 

Sums it up really, people are completely blinded by what's going on, Everyone lives by money, we need it to survive, why do the majority not know where it comes from? why are people not questioning this? It can be made farely.

I saw that too. Now if anyone protests about anything they are regarded as 'nutty lefty activists' forgetting that in the past there were many that brought about changes by standing up to authority. Martin Luther King, Emily Pankhurst,  Once the workers in the lower to middle income stood together, now they are encouraged to fight each other which suits the ones at the top.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the one I mentioned further up the page. This changes everything. It is an Eco film and there is little in the news about what is going on in the world regarding it. In india there were riots and people killed by police because they objected to the land they live in being torn apart by multi gas and electric power plants being built. In one instance after protests application plans were withdrawn.

Germany have led the way in wind farms and have also created many jobs.

I doubt the film will be shown on British or USA TV though. Parts of the film were really shocking.

Watched a short documentary on Daniel Nivel yesterday - you know, the French policeman that almost got beaten to death by a group of German hooligans in the aftermath of the Germany vs. Yugoslavia match at the 1998 World Cup.

image-208098-galleryV9-mgut-208098.jpg

Very touching and humbling TV experience. Nivel was in a coma for six weeks and will remain handicapped for the rest of his life: He's blind on one eye, he can't speak properly, he can't talk in whole sentences and is only able to use single words.

On a sidenote, he's been invited to the opening match at EURO 2016 tonight:

http://www.espnfc.com/germany/story/2888579/germany-invite-victim-of-football-hooliganism-to-euro-2016-opener

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the most recent documentary on the life of Elliott Smith:

To me, he'll always remain one of the most underrated songwriters of his generation and another tragic case of drugs ****ing up your life and the lives of the people around you.

• Like 1

Great documentary, seen it a couple of times now. 

It's about the evolution of the modern corporation to todays elite control over the planet, It's a long one but it's fantastic, a real eye opener. 

It talks about companiew like nike paying 8 cents per hour, that 8 cents was based on hitting targets for production times that were narrowed down to tenths of seconds. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I saw Everything is a rich man's trick a few years ago, its eye opening, as are Graham Hancock's theories. 

I would also recommend watching documentaries by John Pilger. There are too many to list but if anyone wants to know the truth about US foreign policy in the last 50 years, and the role of the CIA and big business in all of this, there a must. Also would recommend watching Professor Anthony Sutton's interviews on youtube. Certainly won't be taught any of this in history lessons at school.

Edited by sm1
  • Like 1