Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Maybe we should loan 'boro a keeper to help them out. Weale or Logan, but a term of the loan would be they WOULD have to play against us in both games next season. lol

Raajan Gill :ph34r:

Guest Mee-9

You know he went down on someone once? Or was it he downed someone?

Just stay away from him, he's DANGEROUS!

1024yd4.jpg

I think DT's the stig. He seems a man of mystery.

Raajan Gill :ph34r:

Send him to Bristol as part of the Maynard deal. I'm sure they'd love him.

Edited by Mee-9

Very true. Like some of the other clubs featured here, we're not as big or significant as many of us fans think we are - Leicester will always be most important to us and other fans have the same views on their team. But the prospects in most ambitious Championship clubs, while something of a gamble, are still pretty good. You can look at not just Fulham as an example, but Bolton, Wigan, Stoke and several others. All the top Championship clubs would have comparable (or better) crowds, stadia and setup as those teams, so no reason why anyone going up from our league should think they will be one-season wonders.

Even if they were, surely a couple of seasons in the Championship followed by a year playing against the Man Utds, Chelseas, Arsenals, Liverpools, Tottenhams, Man Citys etc would be a better career move than three years of strolling the league (for the most part) and getting massive abuse for dropping just a few points if you're playing for either Rangers or Celtic. How satisfying is it to know that you've an 80% + chance of winning every week? I'm not even going to mention the rest beyond the top two. Fair enough, the Old Firm have great stadia, history and passion but also anything less than at least one trophy per season is a failure.

Bolton, Wigan and Stoke have a lot to thank us for, along with Charlton under curbishley, MON and our Leicester side showed it was possible to get up and stay up without spending millions, admittedly now days the gulf is bigger cash wise but all the things being said about stoke now are the same drivell we had to put up with when we were compared to wimbledon, but in terms of ground and fan base, size of the city, why shouldn't we aim to get back there, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Fulham etc, all survive on less income than we would generate.

Apart from a couple planks on the Palace and Blackpool forums most seemed fairly complimentary. Majority of the Blackpool ones certainly seemed to think we'll be doing well, although the "buying everyone" when we've only bought 3 is beginning to grate on me.

People are seriously wishing us to go into admin?

As the fan of a rival team, I would love to be in your position in terms of owners and finances, and the ability to attract the players you are.

Because you are now the cash rich team in the division, everyone will be up to beat you, and most opposition fans will be bitter and jealous, but in your position who cares, you have got it and the rest of us havent.

As for any fan wanting an opposition team to go into admin, they are just c*cks.

• Like 1

People are seriously wishing us to go into admin?

I know and on the Palace site Leiceagle wants to see it come crashing down around us.

So i signed up n left him a little msg as he has lived with us for 20 plus yrs.

gonna get him going he wont kno who i am lmaooooooo.

As the fan of a rival team, I would love to be in your position in terms of owners and finances, and the ability to attract the players you are.

Because you are now the cash rich team in the division, everyone will be up to beat you, and most opposition fans will be bitter and jealous, but in your position who cares, you have got it and the rest of us havent.

As for any fan wanting an opposition team to go into admin, they are just c*cks.

Go get your own Asian investors, then!!!

Start sweeping up in front of your own door first. Get rid of the deadwood, start saving, spend wisely, commit long-term.

And fill your ground!

Edited by MC Prussian

You've changed your tune. I like it.