Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

exactly what I was thinking.

I also think Sven has probably got only one crack at getting this right... I'm pleased with his acquisitions thus far though. I reckon this coming season in the championship has got all the makings of being the most exciting one for many years

• Like 1

I don't think the Thai's will bail on us, everything they've done so far would reflect extremely badly on them if they did and they'd lose alot of money. I think if this season doesn't work out, Sven would probably go and the money wouldn't flow as freely but they'd still look to work our way up.

Edited by 21st Century Fox

Bristol City Racist Brigade at it again... "Spose it beats frying poppadoms and shooting -up all day! "

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/137075-fed-up-with-east-midland-clubs/

This guy speaks some sense.

Er, to be honest they are huge clubs.. Both managed by Ex England Managers both of whom have won titles in other countries and have all kinds of experience. Their home attendances dwarf ours and despite their relegations and subsequent promotions and what not they both have had 'recent' European experience and have won major trophies.

So yeah, they are both bigger clubs.. Screaming for parity ( by some of our fans as you mentioned) with a smaller existing (not potential) fan base, no history to speak of in that sense and more seasons that care to be remembered at lower levels is a bit much and people beging to wonder why our fans are beginning to get a bad rap elsewhere for being nonchalant,rude and aggressive.

We have the 'small man syndrome' so badly it hurts...

To be fair though Bristol City are massive.

• Like 1

I don't think the Thai's will bail on us, everything they've done so far would reflect extremely badly on them if they did and they'd lose alot of money. I think if this season doesn't work out, Sven would probably go and the money wouldn't flow as freely but they'd still look to work our way up.

They've invested too much to make me think they will bail now, they are here for the long run and I think they are top ;) blokes

The thing with joining Rangers is that it wouldn't be as ambitious a move as their fans make out.

Champions League? Yes, for a maximum of six games a season. Realistically, they'll be well out by the end of the group stage and if they finish fourth, out of Europe altogether. After that, it's the SPL for him which is no better in terms of standard; the Old Firm, Hearts and Dundee United at a push, than the Championship. You could also argue it's no better a place to put yourself on the market place than the Championship as well if you fancy using it as a stepping stone to a big Premiership club. I'd argue more players make the step up from Championship to Premiership than south of the border from SPL to EPL.

We also have ambition as a club. You look at what Fulham have achieved, not a club that's any bigger than us, and wonder why we can't emulate or even better their achievements? Regular Premiership football, a Europa League final and a good squad. So by the end of a three year contract, Danns could well be playing for a solid Premiership club whereas Rangers will be exactly what they are now, part of a duopoly that's too good for Scottish football but no real hope of progression in Europe.

Guest ttfn

The thing with joining Rangers is that it wouldn't be as ambitious a move as their fans make out.

Champions League? Yes, for a maximum of six games a season. Realistically, they'll be well out by the end of the group stage and if they finish fourth, out of Europe altogether. After that, it's the SPL for him which is no better in terms of standard; the Old Firm, Hearts and Dundee United at a push, than the Championship. You could also argue it's no better a place to put yourself on the market place than the Championship as well if you fancy using it as a stepping stone to a big Premiership club. I'd argue more players make the step up from Championship to Premiership than south of the border from SPL to EPL.

We also have ambition as a club. You look at what Fulham have achieved, not a club that's any bigger than us, and wonder why we can't emulate or even better their achievements? Regular Premiership football, a Europa League final and a good squad. So by the end of a three year contract, Danns could well be playing for a solid Premiership club whereas Rangers will be exactly what they are now, part of a duopoly that's too good for Scottish football but no real hope of progression in Europe.

Bingo.