Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Small town clubs? Wake up from dreamworld mate

As far as the spending goes, good for you all. We spent big a year ago and it almost paid off with us finishing 3rd, although it was nowhere near 10m as one poster commented.

As far as the rivalry goes, sorry guys bit your really not that important. Deny it or not, this is the case.

You are small town -FACT - get used to it loser :scarf:

I work with a few Forest fans, and, to be honest, they're all pretty sound. They all despise City though, the notion that they "don't care" is very transparent. We might not be on the same scale as the sheep are to them, but they do care, certainly enough to turn up in numbers to games against us, and enough to gloat like it's going out of fashion when they do win. It's glaringly obvious.

Forest and Derby are like a couple of squabbling, hideously ugly brothers, always looking on enviously at their better looking cousin who lives a bit further away. And has a nicer car.

• Like 2

Forest fans do realise that pretending they are and always were some giant of English football actually diminishes Brian Clough's achievements right?

They must realise that his taking Forest to European Cups was admired precisely because he did so with a small, provincial club surely?

They can't STILL think they're up there with the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United, can they?

Fact is, this is their natural level. Same as us, same as Derby. The days of massive over-achievement all but forgotten. Remember, history means fvck all without a future.

Forest fans do realise that pretending they are and always were some giant of English football actually diminishes Brian Clough's achievements right?

They must realise that his taking Forest to European Cups was admired precisely because he did so with a small, provincial club surely?

They can't STILL think they're up there with the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United, can they?

Fact is, this is their natural level. Same as us, same as Derby. The days of massive over-achievement all but forgotten. Remember, history means fvck all without a future.

No, Florist and Direby really think they're massive - legends in their own town :ph34r:

A bid of just £2m for a player of Williams' quality is simply laughable in a transfer window which has just seen an inferior player in Matt Mills move to Leicester for over £5m.

I am beginning to really detest Swansea. The arrogance from such a tinpot small club is unbelievable.

Matt Mills - 5m

Scott Dann - 15m

Id be suprised if we accepted anything less than 10m, just hope the release clause isnt actually there, if it is give him a new contract asap!

lol

I'll love it when they come crashing back down at the end of this coming season.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

I loving this Sven and Top era, if it dosent end in success so what, this is the best pre-season weve ever had and i just cant wait to see this team in action. If i was another championship teams fan i would be jealous as **** of us.

Was linked to this page from another forum. Have to say I don't think the thread reflects well on you lot. you have made the most news stories of the entire league, of course other fans are talking about you. Some with jealousy, some with nothing more than a passing interest. Singling out the clubs with the jealous comments is daft- I read worse comments from your fans on the CMS thread about Brighton to be fair.

Anyway expect to get a lot of interest in your club but don't believe the hype too much, don't turn into Leeds, you have to accept it's an interesting story for the championship, nothing more.

Small town clubs? Wake up from dreamworld mate

As far as the spending goes, good for you all. We spent big a year ago and it almost paid off with us finishing 3rd, although it was nowhere near 10m as one poster commented.

As far as the rivalry goes, sorry guys bit your really not that important. Deny it or not, this is the case.

That's right resort to being a grammar Nazi and hurling abuse, I simply told you how it is with us reddogs. Any adults fancy a conversation?

I will step in. I'd argue that while we're not on the level as Derby obviously, but Forest fans do care. Off the top of my head the recent example's I can think of is the difference between when we were beaten 6-1 by Portsmouth, and when we were beaten 5-1 by you the season before. The reaction of the opposition fans was very different. Even then the fury when we beat you 3-0 (the same season after that 5-1) was unusual if you compare it to other team reactions. This is all just my opinion, although if you disagree I'll just pretend you're playing the "we don't really care" card again :thumbup:

Was linked to this page from another forum. Have to say I don't think the thread reflects well on you lot. you have made the most news stories of the entire league, of course other fans are talking about you. Some with jealousy, some with nothing more than a passing interest. Singling out the clubs with the jealous comments is daft- I read worse comments from your fans on the CMS thread about Brighton to be fair.

Anyway expect to get a lot of interest in your club but don't believe the hype too much, don't turn into Leeds, you have to accept it's an interesting story for the championship, nothing more.

It's just a bit of fun mate, we have been shite for years and we are rather enjoying ourselves knowing well this is a fickle game and we will no doubt be on the sidelines watching others do the same in years to come.

I hate the raceism by Derby and Forest fans. Take a trip down Normanton, Pear Tree and Sinfin areas Derby fans. How about Lenton Forest fans. Such twats. The fact is every city has areas where there is an ethnic population. I also know many Leicester fans who are Asian and goto both home and away matches..

http://www.otib.co.u...yers-in-sweden/

Bristol City fans really going for the biggest wankers in the league award. Cvnts.

Coincidentally, those odd Bristol City fans are... Swedish.

Probably just a couple of teenage numbskulls trying to act "proper".

EDIT: Nope. Some of them are grown-up men.unsure.gif

Edited by MC Prussian