Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Agreed, but Khan can't, that's the problem. On the odd occasions Mayweather has been tagged in his career he has taken it and come through it to win.

Mayweather is a bore, in life and in the ring but he's good at what he does. You can try but as the old saying goes, 'you can't knock an unbeaten record'.

I don't like Mayweather at all but saying he runs all night is like saying Italy have only won 4 World Cups because they defend well.

He's been hit but never truly tagged because he never puts his chin on the line like khan does...

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

He's been hit but never truly tagged because he never puts his chin on the line like khan does...

I'm not having that. Every boxer, regardless of how good or how defensive he is puts his chin on the line every time he gets in the ring. He's had 49 professional fights . I had 23 amateur fights, 3 rounds each and I can assure you it ain't easy. What you are saying is tantamount to saying that he is so good no one could ever get near him. Should a guy with his success start hanging his chin out deliberately to prove or disprove the opinions of mugs like us sitting comfortably on our sofas watching? I'm quite sure he's not sitting at home wishing he had Khan's record.

Edited by Max Wall

6 hours ago, MPH said:

I like the idea of winner takes all on this one myself!

Think every world championship fight should be $100k to both boxers to cover the camp costs and taxes , then t100% of proceeds Inc PPV , gate and fight sponsorship deals should go to the winner 

that would cut the politics out ! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I'm not having that. Every boxer, regardless of how good or how defensive he is puts his chin on the line every time he gets in the ring. He's had 49 professional fights . I had 23 amateur fights, 3 rounds each and I can assure you it ain't easy. What you are saying is tantamount to saying that he is so good no one could ever get near him. Should a guy with his success start hanging his chin out deliberately to prove or disprove the opinions of mugs like us sitting comfortably on our sofas watching? I'm quite sure he's not sitting at home wishing he had Khan's record.

For the record I never said he doesn't put his chin on the line I said he didn't like khan does.  Meant he doesn't stick his chin out like khan does because he isn't always on the front foot like khan..

if youve boxed you should know that if you're on the offensive and swinging you'll have less balance and leave your chin more exposed..

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Anybody still up for this?

Strange one really, massive fan of Frampton over the last few years and have always enjoyed watching and had respect for Santa Cruz yet for the 2nd time with this pair I'm a little bit....meh!!

Been a a cracker so far.. Cruz been on top but frampton coming back into it...

Edited by MPH

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Yeah been decent, Frampton has looked a bit shell shocked since round 1, Santa Cruz up by a couple for me.

Round 9 was big for Cruz... we have to remember where the fight is... for me, frampton will need to knock him out to win now...

6 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Belfast it seems , frampton was beat properly though , decent scrap but not sure I'm interested in a third , I'd like Scott Quigg to have a go at Santa Cruz 

If the best pound for pound boxer on the British Isles is narrowly beaten Santa Cruz, what chance does Quigg have?

4 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Belfast it seems , frampton was beat properly though , decent scrap but not sure I'm interested in a third , I'd like Scott Quigg to have a go at Santa Cruz 

That was a different frampton from the first fight..I'm quite surprised the judges had it so close to be honest.. I had it Cruz by two/3 but some of those rounds were close and with two judges giving it by 1 round and the other giving it a draw.. id say there's. Reason for a third and with it being in Belfast makes it very intriguing to me. I'd be up for it for sure.

• Like 1

I think the reason ive struggled with the 2 fights and am pretty not fussed about the 3rd is that I think they could box another 60 rounds and neither of them be completely troubled by the other.

Santa Cruz was never in trouble last night even when he took a couple of rounds off and if he sticks to the game plan in the 3rd fight I can see a similar result, I really like Carl but if Leo had used his reach advantage and jab more in the first fight I think he'd have won that one aswell.

Edited by EastAnglianFox

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

If the best pound for pound boxer on the British Isles is narrowly beaten Santa Cruz, what chance does Quigg have?

Quigg will beat frampton in a rematch , grumpy Joe fecked Up tactics , Quigg gave his all with a double fractured jaw ! For me Quigg wins the rematch 

and pound for pound king in the U.K. are you kidding me lol 

he isnt even the 2nd best pound for pound in the U.K. For me

Frampton should rest up have an easy bout , let Quigg beat Santa Cruz (he will ) and then we all go to Wembley for the rematch 

then we can see who is the daddy ! 

12 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I think the reason ive struggled with the 2 fights and am pretty not fussed about the 3rd is that I think they could box another 60 rounds and neither of them be completely troubled by the other.

Santa Cruz was never in trouble last night even when he took a couple of rounds off and if he sticks to the game plan in the 3rd fight I can see a similar result, I really like Carl but if Leo had used his reach advantage and jab more in the first fight I think he'd have one that one aswell.

Spot on 

43 minutes ago, MPH said:

That was a different frampton from the first fight..I'm quite surprised the judges had it so close to be honest.. I had it Cruz by two/3 but some of those rounds were close and with two judges giving it by 1 round and the other giving it a draw.. id say there's. Reason for a third and with it being in Belfast makes it very intriguing to me. I'd be up for it for sure.

I'll turn that around and say actually Santa Cruz turned up and if he applied himself the same way the first time then frampton would be facing a huge long journey back to the top because he would have lost twice to Santa Cruz 

never got the feeing either man was really hurt in either fight , a 3rd is not appealing to me , like to see the 3rd when frampton has had a rest 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MPH said:

For the record I never said he doesn't put his chin on the line I said he didn't like khan does.  Meant he doesn't stick his chin out like khan does because he isn't always on the front foot like khan..

if youve boxed you should know that if you're on the offensive and swinging you'll have less balance and leave your chin more exposed..

Exactly the reason why Khan is a plug and Mayweather isn't. If you have such an obvious weakness as Khans' chin is, you have to alter the way you do things. Otherwise, you keep getting knocked sparko.

Should Mayweather have 'put his chin on the line' like Khan does? Would he prefer a 43-6 record to his 49-0 record to satisfy foxestalk posters?

Cruz comprehensively beat frampton watching again I cannot see how the judges had it close 

cruz made the same mistake guigg did in fight one , he let frampton impose himself on the fight and won handy rounds early 

the 2nd Cruz Fight and cruz was ready and game out fast and hard and didn't walk onto jabs like the first fight 

I would expect Scott Quigg to walk frampton down in 2nd fight and not let him impose himself befind his jab , I can see Quigg hurting frampton next time , only an opinion 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Cruz comprehensively beat frampton watching again I cannot see how the judges had it close 

cruz made the same mistake guigg did in fight one , he let frampton impose himself on the fight and won handy rounds early 

the 2nd Cruz Fight and cruz was ready and game out fast and hard and didn't walk onto jabs like the first fight 

I would expect Scott Quigg to walk frampton down in 2nd fight and not let him impose himself befind his jab , I can see Quigg hurting frampton next time , only an opinion 

Two had it by two rounds for me was bang on. Cruz three up going into last one which frampton had for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Two had it by two rounds for me was bang on. Cruz three up going into last one which frampton had for me.

I thought it was easily 3 but comprehensive none the same 

that 2nd rematch isn't a hot selling ticket certainly not PPV anywhere 

Be interesting to see what happens