Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

5 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Kell Brook vs Erroll Spence Jr announced today for May 27th possibly being held at Bramall Lane. Could be a good'un.

Fair play to him, much harder fight than paper jaw for a significantly smaller pay day and will get half the recognition off the causal fan no doubt. 

Surely he'll move up after, he beats Spence names will be interested in fighting him. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Fair play to him, much harder fight than paper jaw and will get half the recognition of the causal fan no doubt. 

Surely he'll move up after, he beats Spence names will be interested in fighting him. 

Depends if he still wants to keep his belt otherwise I think he would have moved up after the GGG fight.

It's definitely a much better contest than Khan, not sure i'll be going to Bramall Lane though.

4 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Depends if he still wants to keep his belt otherwise I think he would have moved up after the GGG fight.

It's definitely a much better contest than Khan, not sure i'll be going to Bramall Lane though.

No one to fight though. Kell isn't a huge name on the international scene, welterweight he at least had Khan and a belt and British audience to tempt him. 

I think his mission is to get Cannelo in the ring at light heavy.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No one to fight though. Kell isn't a huge name on the international scene, welterweight he at least had Khan and a belt and British audience to tempt him. 

I think his mission is to get Cannelo in the ring at light heavy.

Pabs...explain...why is 'Canelo' Alvarez 'Saul Alvarez'?

Never got it?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Pabs...explain...why is 'Canelo' Alvarez 'Saul Alvarez'?

Never got it?

Saul is his name

Canelo means Cinnamon in Spanish, in reference to his hair, it's a nickname. 

(EDIT: Well I think anyway)

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I've always been a David Haye fan - I admit it. 

But watching his interview on his return from Miami - what a tit.

I still think he'll beat Belew, but he doesn't half talk some shite. 

Maybe the reason I was a fan is that I always thought he was a real talent and capable of conquering the world. He was great to watch in his prime I thought, but I'm going right off him now to be honest. 

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've always been a David Haye fan - I admit it. 

But watching his interview on his return from Miami - what a tit.

I still think he'll beat Belew, but he doesn't half talk some shite. 

Maybe the reason I was a fan is that I always thought he was a real talent and capable of conquering the world. He was great to watch in his prime I thought, but I'm going right off him now to be honest. 

lol

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It won't happen but I'd like to see Bellew knock him out.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It won't happen but I'd like to see Bellew knock him out.

It's strange Col because part of me still wants to see Haye become undisputed heavyweight champion of the world for some reason. Maybe unfinished business or fulfilling his talent and potential? I dunno...

But like you, part of me wants Bellew to knock him spark out and into retirement so we don't have to listen to his drivel any more. I'm really torn lol

I reckon Haye will end up in the movies or something. He seems to like mixing it with the 'A' listers so maybe he's better of living in LaLa land. He's an odd character and I can't quite work him out...

On 17/02/2017 at 01:30, The whole world smiles said:

Anyone going to the Frank Warren card at Leicester arena? (where Riders play) looks half decent couple of decent British title fight and Leicester lad Jermaine Smyle takes on Indian superstar singh. and it's after we play spurs so will be a good old session.

Yip I'll be there

but i think the spurs game might get moved if they are in the Thursday night league still 

On 2/17/2017 at 21:48, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's strange Col because part of me still wants to see Haye become undisputed heavyweight champion of the world for some reason. Maybe unfinished business or fulfilling his talent and potential? I dunno...

But like you, part of me wants Bellew to knock him spark out and into retirement so we don't have to listen to his drivel any more. I'm really torn lol

I reckon Haye will end up in the movies or something. He seems to like mixing it with the 'A' listers so maybe he's better of living in LaLa land. He's an odd character and I can't quite work him out...

Bellew is for it, daft fight to take, only plus point is he's got nothing to lose (his health aside which is always the case in this sport)

Haye I like as he's British, as a personality he's toilet and always has been, the Bravado and crass tactics he employs in pre fight build ups are something I have never been a fan of. 

The issue with this fight it Big Tony is also every inch the Bell end Haye is, so it's a tough one to call as too which one I like dislike the most. As I think it's better for British heavy weight boxing if Haye wins, I'm leaning towards him......plus there is the fact that Haye is going to win so what's the point in wanting anything else lol.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

On 2/14/2017 at 11:37, Durnerz said:

Kell Brook vs Erroll Spence Jr announced today for May 27th possibly being held at Bramall Lane. Could be a good'un.

He's very highly rated here in the States... Supposed to be the next big thing... We shall see!

On Fri Feb 17 2017 at 01:30, The whole world smiles said:

Anyone going to the Frank Warren card at Leicester arena? (where Riders play) looks half decent couple of decent British title fight and Leicester lad Jermaine Smyle takes on Indian superstar singh. and it's after we play spurs so will be a good old session.

Are tickets sold out for this? Couldn't seem to find it on the arena webiste

Edited by TK95

On 20 February 2017 at 21:15, GaelicFox said:

Scott Quigg is joining Freddie Roach in LA ! 

Thats a huge statement from the most underrated British boxer around ! 

Love it 

yeah always good to see a young boxer leave their friends and family behind and make serious sacrifices in pursuit of greatness. 

Frankie Gavin and David Price are two recent examples that should have left their comfort zone and gone stateside.

I think Quigg has probably progressed as far as he is going to under Gallagher, However not sure Freddie Roach is the right move for Quigg.

Roach is essentially proprietor of the come-forward pressure-fighting style which is basically how Quigg already fights. Although hopefully Roach will teach him to be a bit sophisticated with his pressure.

I would have liked to have seen him with coach who could work on the defensive aspects of his style because thats a massive weakness for him. One of the Mayweather brothers for instance or a Vigil Hunter.

Still interesting times for him wonder if he will sign for Haymon now and fight stateside too or if he will continue on Matchroom shows.    

• Like 1