Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

25 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Be a goodun to go that one, think I'd still probally favour Haye v Bellew though 

Yes i'm looking forward to it, hopefully be a nice end of April evening too with it being outside! Could be a bit grim if not lol

I'm hoping there's a few surprises on the undercard, not sure who mind and there's been hardly any chatter so far! Hoping for perhaps another two heavyweight clashes on the card, with Ortiz and Whyte both being Matchroom now, they'll probably both be rolled out, unless one is used on Haye Bellew and not the other.

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yes i'm looking forward to it, hopefully be a nice end of April evening too with it being outside! Could be a bit grim if not lol

I'm hoping there's a few surprises on the undercard, not sure who mind and there's been hardly any chatter so far! Hoping for perhaps another two heavyweight clashes on the card, with Ortiz and Whyte both being Matchroom now, they'll probably both be rolled out, unless one is used on Haye Bellew and not the other.

Talk of a Chisora - Whyte rematch. Connor Benn will be fighitng at both events no doubt.

You'll get a decent under card Hearn normally puts on a good show. Possibly even another title fight. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He's a good fighter James De Gale. But it wont be the first time the bookies have had Badou Jack down as the under dog, remember when he beat George Groves most people expected George to give him a shoeing but it didn't quite work out (and this is the only person to have beat De Gale we are talking about) He has a knack of winning tight decisions on points Jack i might have a bit of a flutter for once on him winning on points if  he's good odds. 

Good insight - cheers.

Looks like Jack is around 4/1 to win on points. Might have a little flutter on that myself :thumbup:

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Good insight - cheers.

Looks like Jack is around 4/1 to win on points. Might have a little flutter on that myself :thumbup:

4/1s alright, De Gale's prolly not worth betting on so if your gonna have a go at winning some money that's the one lol  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Talk of a Chisora - Whyte rematch. Connor Benn will be fighitng at both events no doubt.

You'll get a decent under card Hearn normally puts on a good show. Possibly even another title fight. 

He's been on top form recently with the cards to be fair. I think with this being such a big event he'll have no choice but to shove another couple of title fights in there. I was going to mention the Whyte/Chisora rematch but he was quoted not long again saying he thought that could sell out the O2 on its own so I wonder if he'll keep that up his sleeve for winter. 

7 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

What is the point of a mayweather mcgregor fight? Apart from money of course... total rubbish. 

You have answered your own question bud!!! What is quite funny about all this is mcgegor mouths off how much money he has or gets and trying to dictate he is the main man here but ffs mayweather earns as much in 1 fight then mcgegor has in his last 10 ??

• Like 1

Degale again goes missing in some of the later middle rounds but Jack is a tough tough guy.

Maybe going toe to toe with him cost him in the end but you can never be to harsh on a boxer who wants to trade and show he's up for a scrap.

Fair in the end with no harm done to eithers reputation. I'd like to see Groves v Degale again with the winner facing Smith if he continues as he is.

I don't think Jacks avoiding anything he made it clear he was moving up in weight before the fight.

said going into the last round jack needed a knock down to get anything out the fight and so it proved. Personally thought that might of been enough with mayweathers judges but they did their job reasonably. Thought de gale won more rounds myself albeit jack won his far more convincingly. Degale looked an utter mess at the end.

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

Never like to see a draw, but in this case it seemed to be a fair call.

Poor from Jack's camp after the decision I thought, it was not like

he was robbed.

If it was a matter of who gave who the biggest shoeing then Jack had every right to be aggrieved but we all know that is not how boxing is scored, given that if you take the knockout rounds out it's effectively a 10 round fight of which degale hands down won at least 9,10,11 and one of 2 or 3 and jack all be it by a much bigger margin can only really claim 6 8 and at a stretch 7 as clearly his rounds I think he's done ok out of the decision myself, I wasn't scoring it as I never do but I had a feeling he was going to need a knock down in the 12 th to stand any kind of chance of getting a result.

i guess the only thing they could say is that degale took such a thrashing in round 8 that should of been a 10 8 round..........

33 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Wow is Joshua a Muslim ???

Don't really know. But, some people said that he was a spiritual person. Still, saying things like that is not acceptable. I wouldn't really mind if people are hating on me or other people from deferent religions. As long as the reason and the facts you base your reasons on are true. I have to say, I thought English people where  above those things. But, some of them (no generalizing) are vile humans.

27 minutes ago, the fox said:

Don't really know. But, some people said that he was a spiritual person. Still, saying things like that is not acceptable. I wouldn't really mind if people are hating on me or other people from deferent religions. As long as the reason and the facts you base your reasons on are true. I have to say, I thought English people where  above those things. But, some of them (no generalizing) are vile humans.

What are people saying??i haven't seen ?

It's really sad that people judge a person because of there religion they follow.

For me this type of prejudice is from the same people that once we're allowed to be colour prejudice and racist.......Not alot has really changed, other then another avenue of abuse that seems to be acceptable to some

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

It's really sad that people judge a person because of there religion they follow.

For me this type of prejudice is from the same people that once we're allowed to be colour prejudice and racist.......Not alot has really changed, other then another avenue of abuse that seems to be acceptable to some

Muslims are the new punching bag for the lowlifes to hit. And I blame that one social media. Because now, it seems acceptable to pick on Muslims and generalise. Quarter of the world is Muslim. And somehow they are all terrorists. Yes, 1/4 of the world Carrie a bomb jacket. Now a Muslim=terrorist. Most of the terrorists victims are Muslims. When 100s and 1000s of Muslim people are killed, media looks  the other side. But, if a non Muslim was killed, then there will be an outrage. I am tired of this. We are getting the short straw and being blamed on the same time. The USA President outright said he don't want Muslims in America. Just imagine a Muslim president saying that he don't want Jews and Christians in his country. He would be called a dictator, a antisemitic terrorist. But it is OK. Hate will only generate hate. 

Edited by the fox