Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScoutMan

Adam Le Fondre

Sven said we were looking to sign one or two more and that they would be BIG names (i.e. a World Cup striker would be 'big') not a lower-league one. Now watch me get egg-on-face as he signs tomorrow...

This is a joke Sven had never even heard of him hes certainly not in the same league as Fryatt especailly as Fryatt never played in the third division ! More likely he would turn out like Trevor Benjamin who scored 25 goals for Cambridge in the Third division no ability and running around like a headless chicken! Close this thread!!!

Erm his stats are as follows:

2008/9 - 18 in 44

2009/10 - 26 in 50

2010/11 - 24 in 42

That's a pretty good ratio IMO and even though it is in lower leagues it's consistent. Fryatt had 2 good years for us and 3 terrible years. I'm not saying that he's better I'm just making the comparison that Fryatt started off lower than the Championship and excelled and has now turned into a player that can do it in the Championship. As this guys never played that high up how on earth can you say he's not good enough and that it's a joke? Trevor Benjamin never was close to the ratio that Le Fondre has with the exception of one season where he scored 23 in 51. Point is he scores goals, and until he's playing in a higher league you nor anyone else knows if he is good enough or not for the Championship. For the 500k i've heard he would be a risk worth taking, much more value for money than 8m for Long or 6m for Maynard. At least if he did turn out as not good enough then we could most likely get our money back for him.

This is a joke Sven had never even heard of him hes certainly not in the same league as Fryatt especailly as Fryatt never played in the third division ! More likely he would turn out like Trevor Benjamin who scored 25 goals for Cambridge in the Third division no ability and running around like a headless chicken! Close this thread!!!

Fryatt, Fryatt, Fryatt... he didn't want to be here!

Saw AlF play against us in the Paint trophy when in Lg1,I think he scored but he certainly made a mess of our defence and i remember thinking then he would be worth a punt.I Megson has had 250K turned down today i say GO FOR IT SVEN could be bargain of the season!!

'' Adam La Zonza, Oh Yes! He's another on a long list...''

Hahaha, quality.

I bought up Le Fondre's name nearly a month ago, could all the speculation be from my original post? Maybe haha

Either way, yeh he would be a steal at under a million, and without doubt the lad's got talent, have a punt Sven, it'll pay off, mark my words!!

I'm not so sure about this guy.

Yes, he has a decent scoring record but why hasn't anyone else had a punt on him?

It's not as if we've suddenly found someone from the lower leagues that no one knows about. This guy has been in the scoring charts for a few seasons now.

If he had 'it', wouldn't someone who was in a desperate situation have had a go at signing him last season?

I wonder if he's another Lee Trundle. Excellent in the lower league but against better opposition, he can't cut it.

Yes, he has a decent scoring record but why hasn't anyone else had a punt on him?

It's not as if we've suddenly found someone from the lower leagues that no one knows about. This guy has been in the scoring charts for a few seasons now.

If he had 'it', wouldn't someone who was in a desperate situation have had a go at signing him last season?

I wonder if he's another Lee Trundle. Excellent in the lower league but against better opposition, he can't cut it.

He wasn't playing in Europe prior to last season. I suppose he could've gone to a bigger club than Bochum (he had offers), but he's been injured for half the past season, so he hasn't had much time to impress actually.

Probably the same reason people didn't take a punt on Elliot , Izzet et al. I deffo think he's worth a punt. Could also see him being quite troublesome in a Derby or Forest team against us.

He wasn't playing in Europe prior to last season. I suppose he could've gone to a bigger club than Bochum (he had offers), but he's been injured for half the past season, so he hasn't had much time to impress actually.

le fondre's at Bochum?

Archived