Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FeedTheYakLCFC

Barnsley Away - Boycott?

Whilst I do share your concerns about ticket prices I don't agree with this. German and Italian fans are not very loyal, they will boycott for anything. When Juventus dropped down to Serie B (after the match fixing scandal) they had a lower average attendance than when we were in League 1. Stadium atmosphere's may be worse in England due to the backlash after the Hillsbrough disaster, but we still have the most loyal fans and I for one am pleased that there aren't too many boycotting this game. In such an important (and potentially exciting) season it does not help our team if we boycott games. That is my main principle, that I love my team and if I can afford to pay to watch them and support them I will do, because frankly I couldn't give two shits about my local non-league side, even if I can get in for a fiver.

I don't give a shit about non league either, I'm in a position now where I think I would be capable of walking away from football, as the years have gone on I've got far more enjoyment watching some other sports i enjoy over football anyway, you watch a whole season and you could probably count 2-3 games max you would actually watch again given the chance.

If that's the case its a bonus for the Italians and Germans they are less loyal (totally disagree btw, Italians can have 1,000 turning up at traning grounds to demand change when they dont like whats going on). There is a very very fine line between blind loyalty and stupidity. English supporters see to have firmly camped themselves into the stupidity bracket, I dont know if a lot are trying to convince others or themselves that they pay a vastly overpriced fee because there team "needs them". Its actually nonsense when you think about it. Anyone who says that if Leicester were being charged £50 in the championship then they would "pick and choose" games - then I'm sorry but the only description I can give is that they are an idiot. A total mug who is just having there pants pulled down by people who are laughing at them.

It's a strange feeling I have now, when I was 18 I looked at people who didnt like football and thought about what they were missing out on and how great it is, now I look at them and am almost jealous of the same people. I hate having an addiction to this.

It's so strange, can't be any other industry in the world where you keep turning up week after week after week watching absolute sh*t sometimes hoping for the one good week to still come. All built and founded on loyalty.

I fully understand if people don't want to pay and choose to watch non league football at non league prices, but I don't really see how you can have an issue with it - If the club get to the premier league then they'll need to buy and pay for premier league players to try and stay at that level, and that comes at a cost. The average wage bill in the premier league is £70 million a year and that's a fraction of what a club will earn on the gates.If the club can use broadcast payments, advertising, merch, etc. to keep the price around or below the £40 (or better with a season ticket) then I will certainly be there.

Which is why we need some sort of wage structure.

I have no problem with the Messi's Rooneys etc earning £250,000 a week. They are actually worth it.

It's when I see players like Anton Ferdinand and Jermiane Pennant earning £80,000 you realise the game is fcuked up.

Rich Fox, I'm in the same boat. I ordered mine on saturday morning and live in Manchester. I rang up today to enquire and was told they should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks mate prob been sent out today hopefully I wont catch post sat morning they should send sooner.

I don't give a shit about non league either, I'm in a position now where I think I would be capable of walking away from football, as the years have gone on I've got far more enjoyment watching some other sports i enjoy over football anyway, you watch a whole season and you could probably count 2-3 games max you would actually watch again given the chance.

If that's the case its a bonus for the Italians and Germans they are less loyal (totally disagree btw, Italians can have 1,000 turning up at traning grounds to demand change when they dont like whats going on). There is a very very fine line between blind loyalty and stupidity. English supporters see to have firmly camped themselves into the stupidity bracket, I dont know if a lot are trying to convince others or themselves that they pay a vastly overpriced fee because there team "needs them". Its actually nonsense when you think about it. Anyone who says that if Leicester were being charged £50 in the championship then they would "pick and choose" games - then I'm sorry but the only description I can give is that they are an idiot. A total mug who is just having there pants pulled down by people who are laughing at them.

It's a strange feeling I have now, when I was 18 I looked at people who didnt like football and thought about what they were missing out on and how great it is, now I look at them and am almost jealous of the same people. I hate having an addiction to this.

It's so strange, can't be any other industry in the world where you keep turning up week after week after week watching absolute sh*t sometimes hoping for the one good week to still come. All built and founded on loyalty.

Top post for me. A couple of years ago I was like "nah, no chance am I missing a game, I'll just save up for Ipswich", like I say I'm yet to pay adults prices.

It just makes me sick how clubs claim to value the fans but all they really value is their money, nowt else.

Which is why we need some sort of wage structure.

I have no problem with the Messi's Rooneys etc earning £250,000 a week. They are actually worth it.

It's when I see players like Anton Ferdinand and Jermiane Pennant earning £80,000 you realise the game is fcuked up.

This however lol sorry mate but no player in the world is worth that kind of stupid wage, £1mil a month for kicking a ball around? Utterly ridiculous.

In all honesty, I wouldn't care shit what players are on if it didn't affect how much we pay, a player on £10k a week is completely above what I'll ever earn, so what difference to me is it if he's on £10k or £100k, the difference only comes in where players are on such high money that the fans are made to pay for it, and Germany have proven you can get by without doing it.

I'm pretty sure Bayern have players on obscene money, they don't have to rip their fans off though.

This however lol sorry mate but no player in the world is worth that kind of stupid wage, £1mil a month for kicking a ball around? Utterly ridiculous.

I'm not comfortable with it, but I can understand it for these guys.

If Leo Messi held the rights to his own name rather than Barcelona he would probably make more money than actually earns in wages.

Obviously I'll never be able to see the figures but I would imagine Barca make more out of him than he does out of Barca.

Top post for me. A couple of years ago I was like "nah, no chance am I missing a game, I'll just save up for Ipswich", like I say I'm yet to pay adults prices.

It just makes me sick how clubs claim to value the fans but all they really value is their money, nowt else.

In all honesty, I wouldn't care shit what players are on if it didn't affect how much we pay, a player on £10k a week is completely above what I'll ever earn, so what difference to me is it if he's on £10k or £100k, the difference only comes in where players are on such high money that the fans are made to pay for it, and Germany have proven you can get by without doing it.

I'm pretty sure Bayern have players on obscene money, they don't have to rip their fans off though.

That reminds me of a comment I saw from one of the higher up's at bayern saying that they have numerous available ticket prices because: "They have a moral obligation to ensure all fans can afford to come and watch the club".

As much as I dislike Bayern that's a beautiful attitude to have.

Hang on, couldn't we say the same about you?

Your principles are for your money. You can afford to go to some games, but you would choose not to go to any.

Like I said, if you can't afford to go then don't, but don't make out like boycotting all matches is going to be good for football, or for your team.

I've come to the conclusion that you just aren't that bothered.

The point would be that more and more poeple dont go - empty stadium - stretched finances for the clubs.

Clubs and FA consider a ticket pricing stategy that is more affordable.

Cheaper tickets for all.

Yes but you know very well that something like that wouldn't happen, your boycotting would be an individual act which would make no difference.

Now I ask, what's the point? You feel proud because you've not been ripped off, is that it?

i understand what everyones saying....moneys tight for everyone at the mo

but lets put this to bed.....we all support Leicester....

does anyone know how many tickets we have sold?

about 1,900.

You dont understand what everyone is saying, I can afford to go but I refuse to pay the price they are charging as it is unjust, greedy and not acceptable.

i understand....its not just the ticket price....few beers..food...was going on the train...

but cheapest return ticket was £30....so now driving....

i agree £30 is steep for going to Barnsley...

sometimes the sums dont add up.....if they charged £20 at we took another 1000 then that covers the empty seats

attendances are dropping so you think they would come up with some type of deal...

dont ask me......

Yes but you know very well that something like that wouldn't happen, your boycotting would be an individual act which would make no difference.

Now I ask, what's the point? You feel proud because you've not been ripped off, is that it?

That's the spirit.

I've come to the conclusion that you just aren't that bothered.

So someone who hasn't missed a league game since the 3-0 defeat at The Hawthorns 3 seasons ago doesn't care? Fvck off.

I've rarely missed a game over the last two seasons and been to over 40 games a season for the last two full seasons, but I refuse to be taken for a mug, you wouldn't let it happen in any other walk of life, so why let it happen with regards to watching the footy.

Rather than stoop to that kind of level, I'll just let you think that I'm a fake fan. Enjoy your superiority and clearly not having to choose between away matches and being able to pay the bills.

We aren't talking about a choice between that, we're talking about simply choosing not to go because of 'principles', there's a difference.

Archived