Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FeedTheYakLCFC

Barnsley Away - Boycott?

Are you sure 10 isn't the maximum you are allowed to buy? Because I've just been on and it says seats - 356.

BTW I can't understand why there are student prices on the mian site but when you actually go and buy them from LCFC direct there's no option for student, only under 18? Will they check for student cards on the door does anyone know?

Also can you get Fox Travel online? I can't find anything about that.

They never check anything... lol

Are you sure 10 isn't the maximum you are allowed to buy? Because I've just been on and it says seats - 356.

BTW I can't understand why there are student prices on the mian site but when you actually go and buy them from LCFC direct there's no option for student, only under 18? Will they check for student cards on the door does anyone know?

me neither. Then i saw the buses were leaving at 11.30, i thought fook it i'll drive.

Its only an hour and a half.

When I bought mine the bird at the TO specifically said they will check student tickets so you need proof of age and a student card.

I don't know how strictly it will be enforced but she seemed to think it was definitely going to happen.

First post, so hello everyone!

Just a thought on 'boycotting' - Instead of not going as this is dis-organised, no agreement between everybody etc... Could we not boycott everything else, as in don't buy a programme, tea, coffee, burgers et al this would probably send out a stronger message and not make us look like a shoddy support. Have done this before many years ago and it worked really well - nobody bought a thing all the kiosks at half time were empty apart from staff standing there looking bewildered! Also will cost them due to knackered pies etc having to be thrown away. Hope this makes sense! Also had people explaining to peoople who were about to buy something what we were trying to achieve (politely of course)

Just a thought on 'boycotting' - Instead of not going as this is dis-organised, no agreement between everybody etc... Could we not boycott everything else, as in don't buy a programme, tea, coffee, burgers et al this would probably send out a stronger message and not make us look like a shoddy support. Have done this before many years ago and it worked really well - nobody bought a thing all the kiosks at half time were empty apart from staff standing there looking bewildered! Also will cost them due to knackered pies etc having to be thrown away. Hope this makes sense! Also had people explaining to peoople who were about to buy something what we were trying to achieve (politely of course)

Good idea.

Just a thought on 'boycotting' - Instead of not going as this is dis-organised, no agreement between everybody etc... Could we not boycott everything else, as in don't buy a programme, tea, coffee, burgers et al this would probably send out a stronger message and not make us look like a shoddy support. Have done this before many years ago and it worked really well - nobody bought a thing all the

kiosks at half time were empty apart from staff standing there looking bewildered! Also will cost them due to knackered pies etc having to be thrown away. Hope this makes sense! Also had people explaining to peoople who

were about to buy something what we were trying to achieve (politely of course)

Great Idea.seems better then not going at all

if you look at the barnsley web site

there games are cat a.b and c

a being us at 30

b=23

c=16

their own fans have 2 pay the same as we do...

im going...but great idea of not buying anything in the ground

most people spend between £5-£20 on few beers etc

maybe 4k Leicster fans....they could lose out on 30-40k....LETS DO IT

I don't really ever buy anything but I think thats a good idea.

Only plastic fans boycott...

Are you trying to be funny or...?

for all them people saying there not going because its£30...

how you will feel....sat at home listening to the radio....

at half time 3-0 to us...

full time 5-0...you wish you were there.......

so get behind the boys

No, because I'll have stuck to my principles, even in the unlikely case that we do win 5-0. Fair enough, being under-18 I'd only have to pay £18, but I point-blank refuse to pay over 15 quid for a child's ticket, even if it were £15.50 I wouldn't pay it and I'd be content sitting at home listening to the radio knowing that I've stuck to my principles and haven't been taken for a mug( in my opinion). I'd rather stop following City that be taken for a mug week-in, week-out. This'll still apply in the Premiership should we make it and I don't care, I'd rather watch Quorn than pay ridicullous prices,

No, because I'll have stuck to my principles, even in the unlikely case that we do win 5-0. Fair enough, being under-18 I'd only have to pay £18, but I point-blank refuse to pay over 15 quid for a child's ticket, even if it were £15.50 I wouldn't pay it and I'd be content sitting at home listening to the radio knowing that I've stuck to my principles and haven't been taken for a mug( in my opinion). I'd rather stop following City that be taken for a mug week-in, week-out. This'll still apply in the Premiership should we make it and I don't care, I'd rather watch Quorn than pay ridicullous prices,

I agree. At the minute getting student price is usually alright for me, but this time next year I'll have finished my degree, I won't be a student and even if we are in this division I fear I'll be priced out.

God knows how few games I'll be able to attend if we get promoted.

Problem with a boycott of the game itself is that not enough people will be on side, if the ones that do go dont buy anything then it says to Barnsley that just because a big club are coming to town they are not going to automatically get a big 'pay-day'. Guess we have replaced Sheffield United as a cat A game for them but they need to be shown that although the club is rich, we as individual supporters are not! It is something that we could always do, for example Forest and Derby charge the same we pay it because we see it as being worth more - it is still too much!!! By all means pay the ticket price if you cannot face not going (other posters are correct, there has to come a point where we say no more) but don't give them the added extras - something will have to give somewhere!

Archived