Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FeedTheYakLCFC

Barnsley Away - Boycott?

So someone who hasn't missed a league game since the 3-0 defeat at The Hawthorns 3 seasons ago doesn't care? Fvck off.

I've rarely missed a game over the last two seasons and been to over 40 games a season for the last two full seasons, but I refuse to be taken for a mug, you wouldn't let it happen in any other walk of life, so why let it happen with regards to watching the footy.

Because football is a passion, not like a visit to the cinema or Alton Towers or something. I don't know how you could just give it up like you could other things.

Before everyone starts getting all touchy (though it appears it's too late) - when people call me a mug for supporting my team, I reserve the right to call them a fake fan for not doing so.

If you abandon us when we're in the Prem, how are you any different to someone who abandoned us in League One? You're not, you just think money is a fairer 'excuse' for boycotting, and few people are going to have a go at you for it. I don't care how many games you've been to in the last 2 seasons if you're going to stop within the next 2. It's either Leicester til I die or Leicester til my principles about money get in the way.

Again, we aren't talking about people not being able to afford it, this is about choice.

Because football is a passion, not like a visit to the cinema or Alton Towers or something. I don't know how you could just give it up like you could other things.

Before everyone starts getting all touchy (though it appears it's too late) - when people call me a mug for supporting my team, I reserve the right to call them a fake fan for not doing so.

If you abandon us when we're in the Prem, how are you any different to someone who abandoned us in League One? You're not, you just think money is a fairer 'excuse' for boycotting, and few people are going to have a go at you for it. I don't care how many games you've been to in the last 2 seasons if you're going to stop within the next 2. It's either Leicester til I die or Leicester til my principles about money get in the way.

Again, we aren't talking about people not being able to afford it, this is about choice.

You are such a ****ing tool.

Just because someone stops attending because they refuse to pay X amount to do so, doesn't make them a "fake fan" whatever that is. Also it's not a case of "Leicester till I die or Leicester til my principles about money get in the way."

If ticket prices get to a certain level I won't even consider attending, it doesn't mean that I'm a fake fan, nor does it mean I've stopped caring about City. It simply means that I refuse to be taken for granted by the club, that I'm fed up of being treated like a cash piñata rather than a person.

I'd just follow the club from afar the way ex-pats do, radio commentary and the odd televised game.

Also ,from what I'm aware, a couple of years ago a few posters from here boycotted home games because of the way the club treated them over the attempt to set up a "singing group" in N block - does that make them fake fans?

You are such a ****ing tool.

Just because someone stops attending because they refuse to pay X amount to do so, doesn't make them a "fake fan" whatever that is. Also it's not a case of "Leicester till I die or Leicester til my principles about money get in the way."

If ticket prices get to a certain level I won't even consider attending, it doesn't mean that I'm a fake fan, nor does it mean I've stopped caring about City. It simply means that I refuse to be taken for granted by the club, that I'm fed up of being treated like a cash piñata rather than a person.

I'd just follow the club from afar the way ex-pats do, radio commentary and the odd televised game.

Also ,from what I'm aware, a couple of years ago a few posters from here boycotted home games because of the way the club treated them over the attempt to set up a "singing group" in N block - does that make them fake fans?

lol

Do what you like no one's stopping you, but don't make out it's any different to abandoning us when we were in League 1. If you really cared and really wanted to be there, you would be, even if it was just a couple of games because that's all you could afford. Like I said, your principles, on this occassion, would simply be cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Club's have never cared about us fans, nothing has changed. Prices will keep going up and they have been doing for years. Why are they suddenly taking the piss because they are that bit higher in a higher league in the future? They are taking the piss already, I've already complained about ticket prices for home games this season and did at times last season. I've agreed that the Barnsley prices are OTT.

We have been 'mugs', if that's what you want to call us, for many years. It doesn't make things any different just because ticket prices reach a level that you, yourself, consider too much.

Actually, it's both. By submitting to such high prices (and don't forget we're not just talking £30 as a limit, but an £8 increase over last season), you help price people out of supporting their club; including maybe yourself one day. All out of some misguided idea of loyalty.

I'm going because I want to go, because Leicester mean something to me. No other reason. The real fan feels this way.

But that's the individual, trying to organise a mass boycott of Barnsley away is not going to help the team, and at the end of the day we want the team to do well.

When I read stuff like this I really wish I ran a football club, you can actually rip people off, laugh at them, then some of those people you have ripped off will defend you!!! It's absolutely unbelievable!

Kit if Bristol City decide to charge us 120 for the away game if everyone who refuses to pay it a fake fan?

I admire your loyalty, I really do, you are the husband that get cheated on every weekend but just rolls over and tries to convince himself his wife still loves him.

You are a mug. Sorry but also the biggest one I've met, I just wish you were one of my loyal customers.

If ever there was a need for minus rep.

'Fake fan' :laugh:

20 odd years going 30-35 odd games a year, I've made a damn good effort keeping up my disguise as a "fan"....

lol

Do what you like no one's stopping you, but don't make out it's any different to abandoning us when we were in League 1. If you really cared and really wanted to be there, you would be, even if it was just a couple of games because that's all you could afford. Like I said, your principles, on this occassion, would simply be cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Club's have never cared about us fans, nothing has changed. Prices will keep going up and they have been doing for years. Why are they suddenly taking the piss because they are that bit higher in a higher league in the future? They are taking the piss already, I've already complained about ticket prices for home games this season and did at times last season. I've agreed that the Barnsley prices are OTT.

We have been 'mugs', if that's what you want to call us, for many years. It doesn't make things any different just because ticket prices reach a level that you, yourself, consider too much.

Depends who you talk to, A fair few people I know who stopped going to home matches in Division 3 did so because they didn't want to spend the money being asked for, which would be the same as me "abandoning" in this hypothetical scenario (which will be a reality soon, I can assure you that).

Others did so out of a lack of loyalty, which I think is what you're accusing some of us of doing, which is far from the truth, I'm a Leicester fan now and I always will be, I'll always be loyal to the club however I will not pay obscene money to be treated like scum.

And how dare you accuse me of not really caring, I'd love to be there as much as possible and, for the past 9 seasons, I have been at games as much as possible but everyone will draw the line somewhere - I draw it a being asked to pay £30 for a Division 2 match. Yes, it will be cutting off my nose to spite my face because, as I stop going, a new mug comes in and gives the club every penny they have but I'll still have my dignity.

As for the idea that clubs have never cared about us, that is, quite frankly bullshit.

Granted I wasn't around back then but from friends and family who were I can reasonably state that before sky took over and the game turned into the grotesque money spinning exercise it is today, the fans were the life blood of the club and were treated as such, they were respected by the club, the ticket prices were what I would consider reasonable, they actually listened to fans etc.. Just like non-league football nowadays, where there is no massive TV rights deal or sponsorship the fans are respected.

I'm not comfortable with it, but I can understand it for these guys.

If Leo Messi held the rights to his own name rather than Barcelona he would probably make more money than actually earns in wages.

Obviously I'll never be able to see the figures but I would imagine Barca make more out of him than he does out of Barca.

Aye I get what you're saying, mind you I still don't agree with it, one bit.

That reminds me of a comment I saw from one of the higher up's at bayern saying that they have numerous available ticket prices because: "They have a moral obligation to ensure all fans can afford to come and watch the club".

As much as I dislike Bayern that's a beautiful attitude to have.

Fair fvcks, that's exactly the attitude over there, over here it's basically whatever makes them the most money, no matter how it's done, I mean would a football club really not mind making just a little loss for a more full ground? Why are they such tight cvnts who only want a bit more money? Surely the actual football experience of a full ground and a top atmosphere should be worth more than a bit more money, absolute joke.

Hang on, couldn't we say the same about you?

Your principles are for your money. You can afford to go to some games, but you would choose not to go to any.

Like I said, if you can't afford to go then don't, but don't make out like boycotting all matches is going to be good for football, or for your team.

I've come to the conclusion that you just aren't that bothered.

lol

You're making an absolute div of yourself now.

I've said earlier, I can afford to go to Barnsley - and I am, as I don't find £18 for an away we always win it, one that's always a good atmosphere, and one that I'll be going with mates I won't go to an away game for months again as too much, personally, £30 is another kettle of fish.

Just lol at you can even say I'm not bothered, you either completely ignored the point of not missing a league game in 17 months, or you're just coming out with any old crap to suit your argument.

Yes but you know very well that something like that wouldn't happen, your boycotting would be an individual act which would make no difference.

Now I ask, what's the point? You feel proud because you've not been ripped off, is that it?

No-one's doing it to not be proud, they're doing it because they don't want to have a huge chunk of money gone on one football game, are you saying you agree with the prices?

If you abandon us in the Prem, the chances are it's because it's too expensive, and that's absolute fact. Why do you think in L1 our average away gate was very high? Cheaper tickets, more fans, more noise, better days, often winning. A lot of people fvcked off from it because of the standard, a lot of people fvcked off from say home games because even though we were winning, it was a lot of money to pay for third tier football.

You can call people fake fans all you want, just expect the deserved criticism that comes with it.

How you can even say not going because it's a rip-off is being a fake fan. lol

Good day to you.

Christ. :rolleyes:

They're "suddenly" taking the piss because they've gone up to £30 from £23, and although it should be a good day, who's to say next year (if we do play them, and don't make any unfunny, boring comments like "we won't be playing them next year ;)") they go up by another £7, to £37. Are people fake fans once again? Who's gonna pay £37 to go to Barnsley for fvck sake? Certainly not me.

And again, if everyone had your attitude and we took another 2k up there, who's to say the year after they raise it by another £7 to £44? You'd be extremely surprised, it's not as impossible as it sounds, I bet people would've laughed at anyone ten years ago saying Barnsley will charge most teams £30.

You don't understand it, one bit.

can you 2 get a room.............lol.....

i prefer away games to home games......

always seems a better group of fans go away....

anway if you 2 dont stop slagging eachother off ill give you both a slap lol....

everyones got a view.....mine is i just LOVE away matches...

can you 2 get a room.............lol.....

i prefer away games to home games......

always seems a better group of fans go away....

anway if you 2 dont stop slagging eachother off ill give you both a slap lol....

everyones got a view.....mine is i just LOVE away matches...

If a view of someone being a fake fan because they don't want to get ripped off at football is to be said, then don't expect it to get completely ignored.

@ Kitchandro

Im probably paying for you to go to the football and that's why your not bothered about the price ...

Or you really are a mug. Trying to justify £30 purely for the ticket is ludicris.

& people that say 'I love away games' etc. I guarantee I love away days as much as anyone, but to me being ripped off just to go is sad.

This pricing of the Barnsley game has become so boring no more mention of the price below this post

. It is expensive we ****in know so is the gas bill and electric beer and fags council tax tv licence we ****ing know you boring twats.

So don't ****ing post in here then the title of the topic makes it clear what the subject is but no it's so boring you have to open it and post how boring it is - how boring of you!chant.gif

Try looking in this topic - http://www.foxestalk...0

away games are loyal fans.....the hardcore...

like going to Newcastle on a Wednesday night....

driving home...getting back at 2 in the morning then up at 6 for work...

its the choice of everyone.....if they go or not.......

all i know is come sat 4.45pm at Oakwell ill be supporting them win or lose

Thread should be closed then as everything has been said about the price of tickets

If nobody posts in it then it will die of it's own accord so it doesn't need closing.

This pricing of the Barnsley game has become so boring no more mention of the price below this post

. It is expensive we ****in know so is the gas bill and electric beer and fags council tax tv licence we ****ing know you boring twats.

Are you calling all 11800 people who viewed this topic a twat. Me finks it takes one to know one!!!!!

Some people are not Rich, Rich Fox!!!!This is a topic that affects everyone who has bills to pay and that is why it is so emotive,if you don't want to read it then don't.Unlike the fans who are being forced to pay prices that are OTT you are not forced to read this topic.

Archived