Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FeedTheYakLCFC

Barnsley Away - Boycott?

Principle, could afford it, I refuse to be ripped off. If they charge £30 for premiership football, I'll pay it. If they go £42-£45, they can have an empty seat.

£30 is right on the upper limit of what I will consider paying for an adult ticket to a premiership match.

Quite frankly I'd want a cap on ticket prices, £25 adults, £20 students/U-18's, £15 Children for top flight and £20, £15, £10 outside it. Unfortunately that sort of thing will never happen with the way transfer fees and wages keep rising.

£30 is right on the upper limit of what I will consider paying for an adult ticket to a premiership match.

Quite frankly I'd want a cap on ticket prices, £25 adults, £20 students/U-18's, £15 Children for top flight and £20, £15, £10 outside it. Unfortunately that sort of thing will never happen with the way transfer fees and wages keep rising.

Yep that's a fair price. At most grounds outside London you will get that.

Like I said earlier in this thread, its a shame we dont have fans like the Germans/Italians where they will boycott 2/3 games for the sake of lower prices for the next 5-10 years.

I went to HSV-Wolfsburg last year and was 18euros. Plus and can sit or stand with a decent pint and watch it. It's mad here.

Like I said earlier in this thread, its a shame we dont have fans like the Germans/Italians where they will boycott 2/3 games for the sake of lower prices for the next 5-10 years.

I went to HSV-Wolfsburg last year and was 18euros. Plus and can sit or stand with a decent pint and watch it. It's mad here.

Can't find a picture but I vaguely remember seeing a GB banner last season with reference to ticket prices on it, quoting some major derbies (I think St Pauli v Hamburg was one) in which the ticket prices were round the £20 area or, to put it another way, at least £10 less than an adult was expected to pay for a meaningless league game between City and Ipswich last May.

When you look at things like that and compare them to prices in this country it's pretty clear we're being taken for mugs.

Whilst I do share your concerns about ticket prices I don't agree with this. German and Italian fans are not very loyal, they will boycott for anything. When Juventus dropped down to Serie B (after the match fixing scandal) they had a lower average attendance than when we were in League 1. Stadium atmosphere's may be worse in England due to the backlash after the Hillsbrough disaster, but we still have the most loyal fans and I for one am pleased that there aren't too many boycotting this game. In such an important (and potentially exciting) season it does not help our team if we boycott games. That is my main principle, that I love my team and if I can afford to pay to watch them and support them I will do, because frankly I couldn't give two shits about my local non-league side, even if I can get in for a fiver.

Whilst I do share your concerns about ticket prices I don't agree with this. German and Italian fans are not very loyal, they will boycott for anything. When Juventus dropped down to Serie B (after the match fixing scandal) they had a lower average attendance than when we were in League 1. Stadium atmosphere's may be worse in England due to the backlash after the Hillsbrough disaster, but we still have the most loyal fans and I for one am pleased that there aren't too many boycotting this game. In such an important (and potentially exciting) season it does not help our team if we boycott games. That is my main principle, that I love my team and if I can afford to pay to watch them and support them I will do, because frankly I couldn't give two shits about my local non-league side, even if I can get in for a fiver.

I've been a big LCFC fan all my life, yet my support is not being appreciated in the slightest, I like the Thais and I don't blame them necessarily for the ticket pricing (I will judge them in a few years to see what's happened) but giving us a thanks on the OS is not the way to re-pay support, people are brainwashed by that and think "n'awwww bless he said thanks on lcfc.com, who cares if I've got to pay a little more". That's extreme, but people are so easily fooled by words. I feel bad in a way saying this because I genuinely do think Top & co care about our fans, but that could well change if we were to see some farcical price hike like at QPR.

Your loyalty is mugged - and you know what, if everyone thought like you and the club knew this - they'd keep upping it and upping it. They're moral-less cvnts. They don't care about you or the fact you've been loyal, in-fact, declaring your loyalty like this is more likely to see yourself being more mugged and mugged.

There has to be a limit, you won't believe it, and nor did I, but there'll be a stage for me where I'll just think you know what, fvck off. I'm only going Barnsley because it's £18 for me (which I do find steep, but affordable, and I have recently won £223 off of £2), also baring in mind my mates are off to Uni before they'll attend another away game, it was tough for me to miss this one, if I was charged £30, I'd think very long and hard, because Barnsley - as good as it's been for our fans over the years, they're fvck all, an 18th year in year out side, absolutely farcical. In-fact, I'm astounded the thick fvcks even made it £30, what gain is it? Yeh, we took what, 2,300 last year? In an end of 6k+ - it's not like we fvcking sold out.

My point is, if everyone kept paying no matter what, they'll just up and up it, every club's at it (well, nearly every, Leicester most certainly are) and sooner or later you'll be paying £70 a match - sounds OTT doesn't it? It is, yet it will happen because people continue to pay obscene, growing prices.

apologies that was Napoli league games.

On this though you can get tickets for £80 for it and thats the first site I checked....

http://www.livefootballtickets.com/champions-league-manchester-city-v-napoli-tickets/manchester-10646.html

That's with the home fans, Matt. Best away ticket price I could get was £147. And not including flight from Naples!!

Those fans not wanting to pay the Premiership prices - is that out of principle, because you'd rather spend it on other things or because you couldn't afford it?

PL

Principle. If I really wanted to I'd be able to make every game, but instead, I'll go watch Quorn and get bladdered in the process, eat free food and all for less than half the price of a ticket to a PL game.

PL

Principle. If I really wanted to I'd be able to make every game, but instead, I'll go watch Quorn and get bladdered in the process, eat free food and all for less than half the price of a ticket to a PL game.

What's your point about going to watch Quorn? It's like you're saying that you could easily go and watch another team and it would mean the same to you.

Go and watch Quorn and get bladdered if you'll enjoy it as much - in fact since it's already cheaper to do that why aren't you doing that already?

I've been a big LCFC fan all my life, yet my support is not being appreciated in the slightest, I like the Thais and I don't blame them necessarily for the ticket pricing (I will judge them in a few years to see what's happened) but giving us a thanks on the OS is not the way to re-pay support, people are brainwashed by that and think "n'awwww bless he said thanks on lcfc.com, who cares if I've got to pay a little more". That's extreme, but people are so easily fooled by words. I feel bad in a way saying this because I genuinely do think Top & co care about our fans, but that could well change if we were to see some farcical price hike like at QPR.

Your loyalty is mugged - and you know what, if everyone thought like you and the club knew this - they'd keep upping it and upping it. They're moral-less cvnts. They don't care about you or the fact you've been loyal, in-fact, declaring your loyalty like this is more likely to see yourself being more mugged and mugged.

There has to be a limit, you won't believe it, and nor did I, but there'll be a stage for me where I'll just think you know what, fvck off. I'm only going Barnsley because it's £18 for me (which I do find steep, but affordable, and I have recently won £223 off of £2), also baring in mind my mates are off to Uni before they'll attend another away game, it was tough for me to miss this one, if I was charged £30, I'd think very long and hard, because Barnsley - as good as it's been for our fans over the years, they're fvck all, an 18th year in year out side, absolutely farcical. In-fact, I'm astounded the thick fvcks even made it £30, what gain is it? Yeh, we took what, 2,300 last year? In an end of 6k+ - it's not like we fvcking sold out.

My point is, if everyone kept paying no matter what, they'll just up and up it, every club's at it (well, nearly every, Leicester most certainly are) and sooner or later you'll be paying £70 a match - sounds OTT doesn't it? It is, yet it will happen because people continue to pay obscene, growing prices.

If prices get that ridiculous it'd be likely that I couldn't afford to go to many at all, but in that case I'd just save up and go to the games I most wanted to go to. But saying you wouldn't go at all out of principle is just cutting your nose off to spite your face. I assume you' miss watching Leicester and prices aren't going to get cheaper just because you boycott.

I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm going to miss us win in the Premier League out of principle, I would not see the point in that at all.

I fully understand if people don't want to pay and choose to watch non league football at non league prices, but I don't really see how you can have an issue with it - If the club get to the premier league then they'll need to buy and pay for premier league players to try and stay at that level, and that comes at a cost. The average wage bill in the premier league is £70 million a year and that's a fraction of what a club will earn on the gates.

If the club can use broadcast payments, advertising, merch, etc. to keep the price around or below the £40 (or better with a season ticket) then I will certainly be there.

What's your point about going to watch Quorn? It's like you're saying that you could easily go and watch another team and it would mean the same to you.

Go and watch Quorn and get bladdered if you'll enjoy it as much - in fact since it's already cheaper to do that why aren't you doing that already?

Because I love Leicester, it wouldn't mean anywhere near as much to me to support Quorn as it would to support Leicester, but if it became to expensive to watch Leicester, I would have to get a football fix from somewhere, and Qourn being my nearest club would be the easiest, cheapest and probably most enjoyable option. The reason I'm not always supporting Quorn is because 9 times out of 10 I'll be watching City play every week without being ripped off. Next season I'll be at uni., probably in Scotland, and if we're in the Championship, with reasonable ticket prices I still intend to watch City play every week, being in the Premier League will probably change that though and I'll more than likely end up with an ST at Celtic should we get promoted and I end up in Scotland. I love Leicester just as much as the next man and it comes second to only one thing in my order of priorities and that's my principles.

Those fans not wanting to pay the Premiership prices - is that out of principle, because you'd rather spend it on other things or because you couldn't afford it?

Both really.

Some of the prices thrown about, say £50 - I'd only pay that sort of money for a cup final/playoff final.

If prices get that ridiculous it'd be likely that I couldn't afford to go to many at all, but in that case I'd just save up and go to the games I most wanted to go to. But saying you wouldn't go at all out of principle is just cutting your nose off to spite your face. I assume you' miss watching Leicester and prices aren't going to get cheaper just because you boycott.

I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm going to miss us win in the Premier League out of principle, I would not see the point in that at all.

The point would be that more and more poeple dont go - empty stadium - stretched finances for the clubs.

Clubs and FA consider a ticket pricing stategy that is more affordable.

Cheaper tickets for all.

i understand your point Maybes but will PL clubs actually do that? It takes two to tango and unless they group together and make a stance then were likely to see continually high prices.

If people are worried about NPC prices then if we go up we'll be taking about 500 away each match! Not agreeinging with it as I share the same opin ion that it's overpriced but you either pay it or listen on the radio unfortunately

But the problem is if people keep paying whatever they get thrown at them with the mentality "no I've got to stay loyal, I have to go" then they'll just go up and up.

I've not stopped going, in-fact I've not missed a league game since the 3-0 loss at WBA in 09/10, I've been loyal, but I know full-well if the prices go up then I'm gonna have to fvck my loyalty off simply for the good of the game and hopefully in future - myself too. I'm never giving up football, but my loyalty is being tested, big time.

http://v2.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?156990-Good-boycott-by-LCFC-they-ve-already-sold-over-2-000-tickets-by-last-Friday&p=1043270#poststop

:giggle:

------------------------------

Getting a National Express coach from St Margaret's at 10am, change onto the train at Sheff after a few pints of real ale at that amazing pub on the station, then watch Beckford tear the Barnsley defence a new backside :scarf:

Archived