Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FeedTheYakLCFC

Barnsley Away - Boycott?

We are not in the same category as Watford with respect to calibre or draw for supporters so you cannot compare. We are a big fish now-like it or not.

If you look on their website, most of the clubs in the league are priced as Category 'A'.

This is not just a problem for us and a few other clubs. Barnsley are simply taking the piss.

Problem with a boycott of the game itself is that not enough people will be on side, if the ones that do go dont buy anything then it says to Barnsley that just because a big club are coming to town they are not going to automatically get a big 'pay-day'. Guess we have replaced Sheffield United as a cat A game for them but they need to be shown that although the club is rich, we as individual supporters are not! It is something that we could always do, for example Forest and Derby charge the same we pay it because we see it as being worth more - it is still too much!!! By all means pay the ticket price if you cannot face not going (other posters are correct, there has to come a point where we say no more) but don't give them the added extras - something will have to give somewhere!

Most clubs contract out the catering so what happens on a particular matchday doesn't really hit them in the pocket..

I can't be fvcked to go at those prices but most people (including me) would pay that on another day, at another ground so definitely wouldn't consider myself part of some boycott.

Doubt they'll be a whisper on here when tickets for West Ham are released at £32.

Also, Leeds moving away fans to one of their side stands in a few weeks time - cheapest adult £36, kids £25. Wonder how many people are gunna be clinging onto their principles if it's all to play for on the last day?

Most clubs contract out the catering so what happens on a particular matchday doesn't really hit them in the pocket..

I can't be fvcked to go at those prices but most people (including me) would pay that on another day, at another ground so definitely wouldn't consider myself part of some boycott.

Doubt they'll be a whisper on here when tickets for West Ham are released at £32.

Also, Leeds moving away fans to one of their side stands in a few weeks time - cheapest adult £36, kids £25. Wonder how many people are gunna be clinging onto their principles if it's all to play for on the last day?

This is not a game at west ham who have just came down from the premier league?

This isn't a tough thrilling last game at ellend road,,,

It's Barnsley away ffs!!

£30 for Barnsley is genuinely ridiculous, I don't blame anyone who knocks it on the head. A shame though, one of the best away days of the season last year.

Mind you, QPR want to charge Man City £72 for an away ticket. I suppose that's what you expect to pay to see megastars like Patrick Agyemang and Shaun Derry.

Seems to go round in circles! Man City charged me £147 for a ticket in the Napoli end for the Champions League fixture.

Can't believe people are still talking about not going because of the price £30 if we get to the prem people will have to pay double that for away games. At this rate our away fan attendance will half.

I certainly wont be paying the scandalous prices if we did get promoted.

Seems to go round in circles! Man City charged me £147 for a ticket in the Napoli end for the Champions League fixture.

What?!!!!! You can get them for 55 quid on viagogo

Those fans not wanting to pay the Premiership prices - is that out of principle, because you'd rather spend it on other things or because you couldn't afford it?

I probably couldn't afford it at the moment but even if I could, I wouldn't because I don't think you can justifiably charge those sort of prices for any football match.

I probably couldn't afford it at the moment but even if I could, I wouldn't because I don't think you can justifiably charge those sort of prices for any football match.

Principle, could afford it, I refuse to be ripped off. If they charge £30 for premiership football, I'll pay it. If they go £42-£45, they can have an empty seat.

Archived