Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPalace.com

Blackburn in for Bamba

Worrying i know. Although this isnt the first time Bamba has been linked with a move this summer. But this one seems to have more to it than the rest with the quotes and all. Really hope this isnt true. Bamba wouldnt be guaranteed game at rovers and for me will be in a relegation scrap next season

I don't think he was as good as some people thought he was last season, however he had some good moments and with the right partner could be excellent for us. Now he has Mills as a partner so can see him having a great season for us. 2 months ago I would have said sell, but now i'm thinking to hold onto him so he can be part of that solid defense.

The problem is, as we have found out, that if a Premier League club come knocking the player may want to go and we may not want to stand in his way.

It's hard to swallow, but clubs like Wigan, Swansea, Bolton, Blackburn, QPR and West Brom can all offer PL football despite being smaller clubs than us (in my opinion as I don't want a big club debate).

If he does go I just hope we play hardball over price (again as others are doing to us) and I'd want at least £5m.

Reports mentioned him being scouted by Valencia, Getafe etc. too, surely that would be a much better option if he were to go, and I hope he doesn't. Could see a bidding war on our hands, don't see why we should accept Blackburn's offer if we know there's European competition.

I would take Nedum Onuocha on loan if Bamba goes

Onuoha? Long shot but he'd be great. So would Boyata. Shame to have to bring in yet another face though, just as we were beginning to look pretty stable at the back.

Onuoha? Long shot but he'd be great. So would Boyata. Shame to have to bring in yet another face though, just as we were beginning to look pretty stable at the back.

Boyata would be great addition on loan, maybe with Sven's connections we could take him here on loan

StringerSport Ian Stringer

Re Sol Bamba to Blackburn. Seems possible. Reports of interest in summer. Not spoken to press pre-season, missed last night

Yes they said he needed to sort out family matters in France, maybe just didn't want to cup-tie him

Yes they said he needed to sort out family matters in France, maybe just didn't want to cup-tie him

But still it seems odd that he started last saturday in fron of S:t Ledger if it was almost a done deal.

Boyata's been linked with Bristol City on loan. I'm sure we could maybe aim a little higher than him, and I think we'd rather have somebody on a permanent deal anyhow.

Boyata would be quality. Wouldn't write him off just cause BC are interested. Agree that a perm deal would be better though.

Archived